* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#4901 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:54 PM

Does anyone know of a shop that is still open that sells CBD?

Right now, the only place you can get  certified traceable CBD oil in drops or capsules in BC is online. The BC Cannabis site was sold out within minutes of going online and have never gotten CBD back in stock, and I don't think they will anytime soon....if ever.

So if you need CBD you need to make an appointment with the clinic on the Gorge across from that Tire place and actually get it prescribed to you by a Doctor. They will then register you with either a company in Ontario called CannTrust or a local BC company.

The BC Company does not sell it in capsules (only drops) , while the Ontario company does.

CannTrust sells it for $72 bucks a bottle and you get 60  capsules in it. Each capsule is 10mg.

Once you have a doctors prescription for Cannabis you can order any Cannabis product from the site you like without having to try and get it through the BC Site or from Pot Shops.

The advantage to this method of course is the product is certified and traceable, while if you get it locally at a shop you don't know where it came from, who made it, or if it is even what it says it is.

CannTrust is a large government grower and supplier and is very professional. They grow and produce all of the product they sell and they do not source out from anywhere else.

Get the process started now though, as it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get the appointment with the Pot Doctor. But once you see him you can have your CBD within about 5 days by mail. 

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 01 December 2018 - 02:54 PM.

#4902 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 02:59 PM

I was hoping to buy some tincture this afternoon to help my wife with a sleeping disorder.

Just read your last 100 posts to her. I read mine out and my significant other is hard asleep in no time.

Edited by Rob Randall, 01 December 2018 - 03:02 PM.

• Mike K., Sparky, Hotel Mike and 1 other like this

#4903 laconic

laconic
  • 741 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

Trees on Yates sells CBD oil. They also sell the isolate by the half gram or gram, so you can make your own oil at the strength you like.

• Matt R. likes this

#4904 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:25 PM

My source, who is a manufacturer, says their product is still available at retail at Trees fort st, alpha st, Yates st.

Matt.

#4905 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,146 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for all the advice, I scored at Trees on Alpha. I’ll let you know how it works.
  • todd likes this

#4906 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

All about the transdermal patch.

Matt.

#4907 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

Thanks for all the advice, I scored at Trees on Alpha. I’ll let you know how it works.

If you are taking just CBD  for inflammation or anxiety it can take a few weeks of taking it every day to notice any results.

It works for some, and for others it doesn't.  

You have to be patient with CBD.

If you drink alcohol regularly you may also find a side effect of the CBD  that gives you slight nausea (sour tummy)  when combined and consumed within 12 hours of each other. You will get no high from CBD at all as the maximum amount of THC it should have is 1%. This means you can take  CBD and drive, or go to work, and do any of your regular daily activities. If you get any high off of it, it's not good CBD and is a bogus product.  That is the risk of buying out of local shops right now, because none of their product is produced by government licensed facilities. It's made in an illegal production operation.

I still advise getting a medical prescription for the highest quality, and safest product.

Edited by Mystic-Pizza, 01 December 2018 - 03:51 PM.

#4908 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:14 PM

Lol, you’ll be very happy with your CBD Therapeutics product from Trees. No prescription required.

Matt.

#4909 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:46 PM

For sleep the combo of indica based THC with CBD works best. 1:1 most likely. CBD is pretty harmless so I’m not sure what the 500 word essay is about above. With THC you want to watch the dose though. Depending on the individual try it in steps to see your desired effect. 5mg at a time.

#4910 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:11 AM

The BC online store has lots of CBD oil for sale. Very few items are actually sold out although many limit your quantities. I think that the supply challenge stories are mostly made up to cover for the public pot companies that are showing far lower than anticipated sales.

From what I hear, most people are still buying their pot from local dealers. The price is a lot lower and the selection is better. I am also told that most black market pot is coming from FN reserves on the mainland so the police are not making any efforts to restrict trade.

Edited by spanky123, 02 December 2018 - 10:12 AM.

#4911 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:27 AM

...the police are not making any efforts to restrict trade.

So why even bother to have laws and regulations?

• Mystic-Pizza likes this

#4912 Mystic-Pizza

Mystic-Pizza
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

If the government makes laws and regulations, and then willingly does not enforce them.......then what's the point of having them?

What kind of a system do we live in where the government picks and chooses which of it's hundreds of laws and regulations it has created it actually enforces, while ignoring the ones they feel awkward about?

With marijuana, their excuse not to enforce the laws and regulations is that they are out-numbered by those who will not uphold those laws and regulations and it would be too overwhelming for them to actually enforce them. I mean heck people are going to go and buy it illegally anyhow right....so why enforce it?

With that logic we may as well all drive 30km over the posted speed limit all the time, because if enough of us do it, our government will become too overwhelmed to enforce the speed limit.  And heck people are going to speed anyhow right, so why bother enforcing it?

#4913 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 02 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Langford's first government-licensed cannabis dispensary to open next year
https://victoria.cit...open-next-year/
  • Mystic-Pizza likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4914 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:37 AM

Langford's first government-licensed cannabis dispensary to open next year

https://vibrantvicto...island/page-246

cough., cough: wrong link: https://victoria.cit...open-next-year/

• Mike K. likes this

#4915 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:49 AM

In fairness I don't know what they are choosing to police and what they feel they don't have jurisdiction over. FN have been selling "native smokes" for decades and nobody has made any effort to stop that either.

Edited by spanky123, 03 December 2018 - 11:49 AM.

#4916 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:59 AM

cough., cough: wrong link: https://victoria.cit...open-next-year/

"Brewer's Droop from drinking beer."

• todd likes this

#4917 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:36 PM

Well well...

VANCOUVER (NEWS 1130) – BC Supreme Court has ordered illegal marijuana dispensaries in Vancouver to shut down.

The City of Vancouver filed 53 injunctions against marijuana-related businesses operating outside of city regulations, some of which closed prior to the case being heard. It says it’s pleased with the court’s decision.

via https://www.citynews...n-in-vancouver/

• Nparker likes this

#4918 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:43 PM

^ So I guess that means that Victoria will follow suit.

#4919 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

^HA HA
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#4920 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 24 December 2018 - 09:47 AM

https://www.timescol...-b-c-1.23557466

"Despite the legalization of cannabis, the RCMP will continue criminal enforcement efforts when it comes to youth, public safety and organized crime government will continue to provide opportunities for the black market through ineffective distribution and restrictions on consumer choice of product types."

It's still early days though, so I expect this to taper off and be replaced with other, more valuable illegal drug production operations.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users