* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5281 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:14 PM

Was at John Cleese said he never smoked at least during Monty Python said everything they would do was far too precise to be able to partake. He said he did LSD with a LSD expert he got a little nervous but they just held his hand said it was a nice experience.

https://youtu.be/ohDB5gbtaEQ

Edited by todd, 16 November 2019 - 04:23 PM.

#5282 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 07:12 PM

Cannabis store u/c at Hatley Plaza - Corner of Sooke and Kelly Roads.

#5283 jasmineshinga

jasmineshinga
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Pineapple Express on Esquimalt Road has reopened as a licensed dispensary.
  • Hotel Mike likes this

~ Jasmine ~

#5284 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 03 December 2019 - 11:54 AM

Shoppers entered the medical marijuana world in Ontario and Alberta earlier this year, and has now rolled out their online platform "Medical Cannabis by Shoppers" in BC. via https://www.newswire...-875168118.html

• E2V likes this

#5285 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 13 December 2019 - 04:56 PM

Pacificanna is opening a Victoria location in Fairfield Village. They have locations in Port Hardy and Williams Lake.

#5286 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:34 PM

Shoppers entered the medical marijuana world in Ontario and Alberta earlier this year, and has now rolled out their online platform "Medical Cannabis by Shoppers" in BC. via https://www.newswire...-875168118.html

Was at a Shoppers today big poster up  :squint:.

Edited by todd, 14 December 2019 - 01:35 PM.

#5287 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 12:48 PM

11th state to allow.

The historic first day of sales of recreational marijuana in Illinois kicked off Wednesday with the expected long lines and party atmosphere as hundreds celebrated their ability to buy weed legally — all while helping the state out with 10% to 25% of the cost going toward taxes.

Lines formed early at dispensaries in Chicago and the suburbs with customers aware of concerns that the shops could sell out of product early, but a cool, festive vibe prevailed.

Some motorists driving by the Midway Dispensary on Chicago’s Southwest Side rolled down windows to shout support for legal weed, honk at those waiting in line or take videos of the scene on their cellphones.

Several buyers expressed surprise at just how much cash they had to pay out — in part because of those taxes — but were happy that they knew the quality of the cannabis was good. And for once in their life they weren’t breaking the law.

https://www.chicagot...fkqy-story.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 01 January 2020 - 12:48 PM.

• todd likes this

#5288 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 01 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

^ That will last for about a month as it did here.

#5289 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 12:20 PM

On the Jan. 16 public meeting agenda will be a rezoning application by Solid Outreach Society. They will be requesting a: "temporary use permit (3 yrs) for Health Services delivering comprehensive harm reduction for individuals with substance use disorder, including provision of cannabis to members onsite" 

#5290 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,290 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:01 PM

Canopy Growth's Tokyo Smoke chain of cannabis outlets sets sights on Saanich retail hub

https://victoria.cit...ich-retail-hub/

• todd likes this
Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5291 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 06:38 PM

My deep-cover contact familiar with the dark, secret world of smoking marijuana tells me the Farmacy on Hillside/Scott dispenses a dried out old product (today's purchase packaged October 2019) that is approximately twice the cost of the superior black market stuff. It works OK but it burns faster and doesn't go as far. 

#5292 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:16 PM

My deep-cover contact familiar with the dark, secret world of smoking marijuana tells me the Farmacy on Hillside/Scott dispenses a dried out old product (today's purchase packaged October 2019) that is approximately twice the cost of the superior black market stuff. It works OK but it burns faster and doesn't go as far.

I don’t know each brand is different any particular brand of complaint? Is that timeframe that bad? Most are sealed more tightly than black market?

You can buy humidifier pouches(not an endorsement) but you have to add them after the fact I think in all brands. In Vegas the humidifier pouches were already inserted. maybe

Most do seem dryer than black market but is that better or worse?? Your joints certainly doesn’t go out as often. But I have no idea never tried the stuff.

#5293 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:21 PM

^ More wet more weight more money. Some keep carrots in their stash to add moisture

#5294 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:53 PM

Orange peels or a small piece of apple used to do the trick, or so I’ve heard.

One of the illegal shops here was broken into, robbed and set on fire, allegedly to cover the tracks of the off island ne’er do well.

Matt.

#5295 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 08 February 2020 - 11:57 PM

Orange peels or....
Matt.

Bit citrusy

#5296 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:18 AM

Someone told me the citrus was nice. I wouldn’t know.

Matt.
  • Rob Randall and todd like this

#5297 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:30 AM

Simply well educated.

#5298 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,997 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 02:23 AM

Orange peels or a small piece of apple used to do the trick, or so I’ve heard.

One of the illegal shops here was broken into, robbed and set on fire, allegedly to cover the tracks of the off island ne’er do well.

Matt.

classic false flag strategy. blame it on foreigners.
  • Matt R. likes this

#5299 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,035 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 12:00 PM

The local crime reporting page suggests the video camera was effective in seeing who it was. Salt spring is small enough that we seem to know all the local criminals by name and/or face. :)

Matt.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#5300 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

A friend of a friend of an acquaintance of mine who I don’t like purchased a Sundial brand Strawberry Twist cannabis 3.5g came with a 62% two way humidity regulator pack already inside.

Edited by todd, 14 February 2020 - 02:54 PM.

• Rob Randall and Matt R. like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users