Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5421 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 07:46 PM

^ hold till the 9th, see what the report is, dump half and put into NDVA or MLCL. :)

Matt.

#5422 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 08:23 PM

English, man, English!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5423 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 09:56 PM

^^ I’ve never done those.
  • Matt R. likes this

#5424 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 04 February 2021 - 10:37 PM

English, man, English!

I’ll leave it to you to take a look at those tickers and what they are currently up to.

WEED has their quarterly report feb 9, which will probably show a loss (they burn cash faster than Reddit kids) but I think it’ll bump again despite that based on some growth in the infused beverage market as well as their partnership with uhhhhh Martha Stewart, not to mention some drastic cost cutting recently. Anyways, I’ll take my profits on that one and split it between NDVA and MLCL.

Matt.
  • todd likes this

#5425 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 06:29 AM

I meant spelling the company names is helpful, rather than the tickers, Mr. Gekko.
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5426 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 09:06 AM

I'll have to add that to my portfolio.

#5427 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,290 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:09 AM

Cannabis club facing eviction after 20 years on Johnson Street; landlord warned of fines, jail

https://www.timescol...jail-1.24283608

Smith received notice that the club’s lease won’t be renewed when it expires at the end of March.

“The landlord’s being as supportive as he can be, but he’s being threatened with fines or jail. So he really has no choice but to not renew the lease, or he’s in a lot of trouble.”

Smith is hoping to find a new storefront, but if that fails, he plans to set up a tent outside city hall to continue selling products to his members, along with offering delivery and mail orders. The club is also planning daily protests Monday to Friday outside the Ministry of Health.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 February 2021 - 07:10 AM.

#5428 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 07:25 AM

...The club is also planning daily protests Monday to Friday outside the Ministry of Health.

I saw them yesterday; they weren't much of a force. They also seemed to be against vaccinations. I suppose this is what long term pot use does to one's brain.

#5429 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 01:11 PM

^ So they have been operating 20 years without a business license? I wonder how much they have racked up in CoV bylaw enforcement fines. Must be a huge amount by now. Doesn't having a dog in front of your store cost like $500 a day?!

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#5430 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 27 February 2021 - 08:37 AM

Trees got their license, the Cook Street Village store is reopening today. Oak Bay location to follow, and they're hoping to have eight locations by August. https://www.vicnews....licensed-store/

Edited by Jackerbie, 27 February 2021 - 08:39 AM.

• gstc84 likes this

#5431 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:14 AM

Trees was a bit on the cheeky side when the stores were supposed to close then apply.

I was told they were not concerned as they had friends in high places.

That backfired and they lost a year or more of business
  • Teardrop likes this

#5432 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:16 AM

Trees was a bit on the cheeky side when the stores were supposed to close then apply. I was told they were not concerned as they had friends in high places.

Don't most pot shops have friends in HIGH places?  ;)

#5433 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 09:51 AM

Trees was a bit on the cheeky side when the stores were supposed to close then apply.

I was told they were not concerned as they had friends in high places.

That backfired and they lost a year or more of business

And a million dollar fine....

#5434 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,113 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 10:58 AM

^ Really?

#5435 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:55 AM

They were fined and their product seized for the Yates store staying open in defiance of orders. Once the fine was paid, the government started processing their application. Now a year later they are reopening. Funny how it goes. Government just wants their taxes (and penalties)

#5436 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 27 February 2021 - 11:55 AM

...Government just wants their taxes (and penalties)

The same as government wants from all of us.

• todd likes this

#5437 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 11:21 AM

The same as government wants from all of us.

https://www.wordhipp...-for/taxes.html

#5438 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,290 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 08:42 AM

Smith says the club's lawyers have come to an agreement with the property owners that would see a new three-year lease signed for their current location at 826 Johnson St.

“We have some reasonable arguments to stand on,” says Smith.

In early February, the province’s Community Safety Unit (CSU), which is responsible for enforcing cannabis regulations, sent a letter to the club’s landlord, Skipper Properties Ltd, warning of steep fines and possible jail time if they renewed the club's lease for the beginning of April.

As part of the deal, the buyers club would be responsible for any fines and legal action the landlord may face due to the lease renewal.

“Under the agreement, that if this solicitor general proceeds with some punitive measures, we will fight that in court," Smith says. "You know, unless the cabinet gives us an exemption, we're likely going to get a fine and an end up fighting that in court."

Smith expects a backlash from the province.

https://vancouverisl...lease-1.5371315

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 01 April 2021 - 08:43 AM.

#5439 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 09:56 AM

Meanwhile weed is now legal in New York and New Mexico. Done within 24 hours of each other. Even though President Biden isn't a big fan, the US will have to legalize it federally soon.

• Victoria Watcher likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#5440 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:13 AM

^ Well it has turned out to be a big nothing burger in Canada. After 2.5 years the black market still supplies the majority of pot and Governments have generated only a fraction of what they thought they would in taxes.

• Dr. Barillas, Barrrister and Victoria Watcher like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users