* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5661 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 04:04 PM

How would they do that? I think the majority of black market product never hits a store shelf.

From what I am told, the vast majority of black market pot comes from a few well known growing operations in BC. I don’t think it would take much for the cops to stop vehicles leaving and seize the pot.

#5662 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 31 December 2022 - 06:17 PM

Oh yeah. They had so much success stopping pot when it was illegal. So much. /s
  • Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#5663 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,029 posts

Posted 31 December 2022 - 09:56 PM

From what I am told, the vast majority of black market pot comes from a few well known growing operations in BC. I don’t think it would take much for the cops to stop vehicles leaving and seize the pot.

That’s interesting, I wonder if it’s true? No doubt there are some big players, but thousands of small ones too.

#5664 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:26 PM

That’s interesting, I wonder if it’s true? No doubt there are some big players, but thousands of small ones too.

Like 'native smokes', from what I am told the majority of 'illegal' pot is grown and distributed from FN reserve land. The Feds and the Province could apply a lot of pressure and leverage if they wanted. 

#5665 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,488 posts

Posted 01 January 2023 - 08:31 PM

Province is powerless unless there is something within these modern treaties. Otherwise they don’t have jurisdiction. If I understand correctly they are “Nation to Nation” with the Feds. You think the Feds are going to go there? In the age of decolonization and reconciliation?

#5666 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,967 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 03:15 AM

Victoria cannabis club moving to new North Park location after 22 years

Unlicensed medical cannabis store moving from Johnson Street

https://www.vicnews....after-22-years/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 22 February 2023 - 03:15 AM.

#5667 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 07:07 AM

Oh joy.🙄

#5668 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,008 posts

Posted 22 February 2023 - 11:03 AM

Province is powerless unless there is something within these modern treaties. Otherwise they don’t have jurisdiction. If I understand correctly they are “Nation to Nation” with the Feds. You think the Feds are going to go there? In the age of decolonization and reconciliation?

True to the extent that the cops aren't going to intervene on FN land. The issue though is that the pot then gets transported off of FN lands and sold. Nothing stopping the cops from seizing the pot and cash once it leaves the reserve.

At one point in Ontario the OPP did exactly that with 'native smokes'. Didn't seem to have lasted long before political pressure ended the practice though.

Edited by spanky123, 22 February 2023 - 11:04 AM.

#5669 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:05 AM

Victoria cannabis club moving to new North Park location after 22 years
Unlicensed medical cannabis store moving from Johnson Street
https://www.vicnews....after-22-years/

Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club raided by province
“..An emotional Ted Smith, the club’s founder, said between $80,000 and $100,000 worth of products was taken by the unit, which arrived about 10 a….”: https://www.timescol...rs-club-6748667

I thought Ted retired? “..Ted Smith, Victoria’s longtime cannabis crusader, is calling an end to his activist caree…” “..I’ve lived a very public life for a long time and now I’m somewhat retreating,” he said...”: https://www.timescol...t-a-day-4649833

I don’t know, you can get a good ounce for about 80 bucks at a “legal shop”

The previous mayor described Ted Smith as a community leader

Edited by todd, 24 March 2023 - 09:23 AM.

#5670 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:20 AM

...The previous mayor described Ted Smith as a community leader

That tells me all I need to know about Ted Smith.

#5671 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:24 AM

That tells me all I need to know about Ted Smith.

Here’s the full interview: https://youtu.be/s5jodIaNV7c

#5672 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 09:43 AM

Like 'native smokes', from what I am told the majority of 'illegal' pot is grown and distributed from FN reserve land. The Feds and the Province could apply a lot of pressure and leverage if they wanted.

https://www.songheescannabis.com/

#5673 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,600 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 02:05 PM

Looking for recommendations from VV posters who can recommend ideally based on personal experience a good local retailer specifically for buying edible gummies, and for Indica strains in particular. I have a more or less permanent circulation issue in the lower leg that due to inflammation and irritation only allows me a decent sleep if I take the gummies. I am able to mitigate the issue somewhat by paying attention to my diet, by regular workouts in the gym and especially by long sessions on the stationary bike, but it will never go away permanently.

Historically over the last 18 months I've acquired gummies from two sources, both very good friends however neither lives in the city so my supply is, um..."sporadic" and I frequently run out naturally when I need them most.

Gummies work best for me and are the only way I absorb the THC which is the ingredient that affords me the "sedative" properties to aid in sleep. I don't smoke pot, haven't since about 1979 when I got it from a local brother-dealer combo named "Darren" (not his real name) and "Dallas" (also not his real name) :). For me I've found *eating and ingesting through the stomach is the way to go, hence gummies it is.

Thanks yo y'all....!

*Also in 1987 I had much too much fun at a party @ Kits Point in Vancouver involving eating way, way too many pieces of a Betty Crocker Snack'n Banana Cake laced with an ounce of hash.....the party was epic. Wound up in the front yard fountain into which a full bottle of dish soap had been dumped  - oooooo bubbles....fun!!.....with two hot women. I'm not 100% certain but I believe a most excellent time was had by all.

#5674 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 02:34 PM

^If you go through Songhees you get smoke and reconciliation(I assume): https://www.songhees...tegory]=edibles

Edited by todd, 24 March 2023 - 02:34 PM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#5675 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,029 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:35 PM

The black market place here has thc cbd gel caps in 5-50mg doses. Some are 1:1 or 10:1 depending on dose. Your local legit store can’t do more than 5mg afaik and are expensive.

The store is called the Balm Shelter.

Manufactured by Sacred Medicinals. They may ship.

Edited by Matt R., 24 March 2023 - 03:38 PM.

• AllseeingEye likes this

#5676 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,600 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:56 PM

The black market place here has thc cbd gel caps in 5-50mg doses. Some are 1:1 or 10:1 depending on dose. Your local legit store can’t do more than 5mg afaik and are expensive.

The store is called the Balm Shelter.

Manufactured by Sacred Medicinals. They may ship.

I know in Cowichan Bay where one of my guys lives the majority of stuff purchased by him was in fact 5mg but he also had at least one pkg with 10mg gummies which were relatively effective.

The really fun ones are home made by a pal in Shawnigan Lake, they pack a wallop of 25mg THc per gummy - they get your attention in a slow motion reduced motor function kind of way lol. I can handle up to three of them but he and his brother can easily do five or more. Trippy!

Since it appears we are going to be on SSI next week or the week thereafter can you PM me some info re: the 'black market place' - location, biz name if they have one or URL? Thanks Matt.....

• Matt R. likes this

#5677 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 03:58 PM

They appear to have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook...thebalmshelter/

#5678 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,600 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 04:00 PM

They appear to have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook...thebalmshelter/

Ha! Missed that in Matt's response. Thanks NParker - and no I'm not on gummies currently.

• Nparker likes this

#5679 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,029 posts

Posted 24 March 2023 - 10:29 PM

the Balm Shelter is more for cbd and similar product, nice stuff too! There is a “vape” store adjacent that has flower, gummies, candy, pipes. Etc etc but the other one is way less grubby. Pretty sure they are the same owners.

Balm shelter is a wood siding clad sea can, right next to the big orange taco truck in Ganges. Rainbow road @ fulford Ganges, centre of town near Thrifty’s.

Before the taco truck, there was a summer time soft serve place there, and it was good. I can’t help but think these food outlets park near the weed store on purpose.
  • todd likes this

#5680 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:17 AM

Man,  the ignorance of the issues here is astounding.  People get all empowered criticizing and judging what they KNOW NOTHING about.  This is a Compassion Club for the less fortunate who use MEDICINE to ease suffering prescription medicine doesn't fix.  You can thank Ted Smith and his staff for the "legal" pot you now enjoy at rip-off prices. 

Ted Smith and many like him have fought for years to provide quality medicine to those in need and on limited income.

What did you do in the war Daddy?  Nothing kid...I just sat around and passed judgement.

Ted's is NOT ILLEGAL POT.  It has been in existence for 25 yrs  or more.  Fighting for your right to smoke the pot you smoke.

Edited by Fairbanks, 28 March 2023 - 10:18 AM.

• Matt R. likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users