* * * * * 3 votes

Marijuana/cannabis businesses/dispensaries in Victoria and the south Island

• Please log in to reply
5815 replies to this topic

#5681 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 10:26 AM

...You can thank blame Ted Smith and his staff for the "legal" pot you now enjoy...

Fixed that for you.

• Barrrister likes this

#5682 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts
  • LocationJames Bay, Victoria

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:40 AM

Man,  the ignorance of the issues here is astounding.  People get all empowered criticizing and judging what they KNOW NOTHING about.  This is a Compassion Club for the less fortunate who use MEDICINE to ease suffering prescription medicine doesn't fix.  You can thank Ted Smith and his staff for the "legal" pot you now enjoy at rip-off prices. 

Ted Smith and many like him have fought for years to provide quality medicine to those in need and on limited income.

What did you do in the war Daddy?  Nothing kid...I just sat around and passed judgement.

Ted's is NOT ILLEGAL POT.  It has been in existence for 25 yrs  or more.  Fighting for your right to smoke the pot you smoke.

I like cannabis.

You're saying Ted's is not illegal... did he have a license to provide medical cannabis?

If not, how is it not illegal?

#5683 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:29 PM

I would put Emery before Smith
  • Fairbanks likes this

#5684 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:33 PM

I like cannabis.

You're saying Ted's is not illegal... did he have a license to provide medical cannabis?

If not, how is it not illegal?

Still not getting it.  TED'S IS THE REASON YOU HAVE LEGAL POT.  Support the less fortunate who can't afford the retail prices.  They need the extra strength medicine.  You should support Medical Pot dispensaries.  Let's hope no one in your family ever needs medical pot.  Because when Ted's is gone so will be your options for your family-member.

Edited by Fairbanks, 28 March 2023 - 12:34 PM.

#5685 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:42 PM

Marijuana cigarettes of the 1980's are a vastly different animal from the marijuana cigarettes of the present day.

NOT EVERYONE SMOKES IT!  I don't because I quit smoking period.  Edibles and oils exist!  O

#5686 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:45 PM

Fixed that for you.

Don't touch my posts!  You don't have the right, Nparker.  Climb down,

• Matt R. likes this

#5687 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:51 PM

Your original post is intact. I edited a quote from your post.

I guess it's true that using Marijuana makes people paranoid.
  • Barrrister likes this

#5688 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:54 PM

Your original post is intact. I edited a quote from your post.

I guess it's true that using Marijuana makes people paranoid.

Reported you again

#5689 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,654 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:58 PM

That's your right, even if you're wrong.
  • Barrrister likes this

#5690 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 12:59 PM

If it was the marijuana walk of fame 1.Marc Emery 2.Dana Larsen 3.Ted Smith 4.Jodie Emery 5.Justin Trudeau 6.Calvin Broadus etc

Pot TV being one of the first streaming of any kind online
  • Fairbanks likes this

#5691 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 555 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:03 PM

If it was the marijuana walk of fame 1.Marc Emery 2.Dana Larsen 3.Ted Smith 4.Jodie Emery 5.Justin Trudeau 6.Calvin Broadus etc

Pot TV being one of the first streaming of any kind online

Interesting, I don't see Nparker's name in that list.  But she's got a lot to say about nothing.

#5692 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:12 PM

Holy smokes.

I'm getting outta here.

• Nparker, Matt R., lanforod and 2 others like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5693 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 01:46 PM

Interesting, I don't see Nparker's name in that list. But she's got a lot to say about nothing.

We couldn’t have got to post #5693 without Nparker!

Edited by todd, 28 March 2023 - 01:47 PM.

• Nparker and Barrrister like this

#5694 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 06:53 PM

Still not getting it. TED'S IS THE REASON YOU HAVE LEGAL POT. Support the less fortunate who can't afford the retail prices. They need the extra strength medicine. You should support Medical Pot dispensaries. Let's hope no one in your family ever needs medical pot. Because when Ted's is gone so will be your options for your family-member.

You can only get so high by smoking it, potency is fine for the legal stuff and edibles just eat more. Medical patients really shouldn’t be using an unregulated product.

I love the nostalgic spirit though

Can get a good legal ounce for about 80 bucks, the Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club can do better?

What about good old fashioned trading spices with the natives? https://www.songheescannabis.com/

Edited by todd, 28 March 2023 - 07:12 PM.

#5695 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 28 March 2023 - 07:33 PM

“Shoppers Drug Mart steps away from medical cannabis with business shift”: https://globalnews.c...s-avicanna/amp/

My friend hasn’t bothered to renew his prescription since legalization, the doctor was charging about $200 a year for an appointment, it just wasn’t worth it anymore

#5696 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,799 posts

Posted 30 March 2023 - 11:25 PM

Here is a fantastic opportunity to purchase a BRAND NEW Health Canada Licensed Micro CRAFT Cannabis Cultivation in beautiful North Cowichan, BC. This facility is equipped with state-of-the-art growing technology across two floors, each measuring 3,500 sqft, for a total of 7,000 sqft of prime cannabis cultivation space. This facility is capable of producing over 600KG (600,000 Grams) of dried flower per year, over 4 separate flower rooms. The lease for this facility is for five years, with an option to renew for another five years, providing you with long-term security and stability. And at only $5,400 per month, the lease rate is incredibly competitive. With the ever-growing demand for high-quality, locally grown CRAFT cannabis, this opportunity is perfect for anyone looking to enter the industry. Also the international markets that are looking for craft cannabis growers in Canada (particularly from BC) are opening up!

924958_11.jpg

$3,000,000

3455 Auby Place

https://www.realtor....can-west-duncan

924958_1.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 March 2023 - 11:27 PM.

#5697 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,433 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 06:49 AM

Who’s entering this industry? Everyone’s flooding out.

Canopy Growth was trading at over $50US a few years ago. Today it’s below $1.80.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5698 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 09:27 AM

CRAFT licenses didn't make financial sense to me from day 1. Any way you look at the spreadsheets, very hard to be profitable. Too small and too vulnerable and the per gram pricing will come under more and more pressure as facilities get larger, more efficient, and experience grows. So much more so as the US makes the change.

#5699 Stephen James

Stephen James

Stephen James

• 1,022 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 09:29 AM

Who’s entering this industry? Everyone’s flooding out.

Canopy Growth was trading at over $50US a few years ago. Today it’s below $1.80.

as in so many cases... the best ways to make $$$$ in this industry aren't always the most obvious. I'd say the riskiest and least likely are growing and retail. 

Packaging, marketing, brokering, distilling....

• Mike K. and Victoria Watcher like this

#5700 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,799 posts

Posted 31 March 2023 - 09:33 AM

Packaging, marketing, brokering, distilling....

So like higher end alcohol, perfumes and cosmetics, designer clothes and accessories?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users