Photo

World Cup (soccer) (maybe in North America)

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Starts today!

Brazil/Croatia 1pm.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:01 AM

Who do you think is being paid off to lose?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

I think Brazil ha a strong enough team they can win this game without resorting to such low tactics.

#4 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

http://www.theglobea...rticle19130903/

My guess is that Government is going to be paying much more than the $11B already spent dealing with these issues over the next couple of weeks.

#5 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,800 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:57 AM

If Brasil doesn't win this game on skill alone there is a lot wrong. Despite all the set-backs I am pretty excited. I am hoping Mexico gets out of group play if they don't I am going Argentina all the way.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#6 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

A few bad calls that certainly helped Brazil win. The country will be an awesome host for the World Cup though. Was hoping to be there for this event.

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:51 AM

A few bad calls that certainly helped Brazil win. The country will be an awesome host for the World Cup though. Was hoping to be there for this event.

They really carried the play though, aside from the calls.  I think they were the much better side.

• tedward likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

Brazil does have a stong team and will (should) go far.  Surprised with Spain losing yesterday.

#9 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Hup Holland Hup!

Edited by lanforod, 14 June 2014 - 08:00 AM.

• Hotel Mike and bluefox like this

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:59 AM

Surprised with Spain losing yesterday.

That game was not as lopsided as the score indicates.

#11 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

The second half sure was.
  • tedward and bluefox like this

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Well, I think England played a poor, "no urgency" game today.  They never seemed in a hurry to push forward.

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

They were off by a hair on several occasions. The game could have easily gone the other way.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:40 PM

Sure was a lot slower game than Spain v Ned though. I agree.

#15 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:13 PM

Didn't see the game live due to this thing called "work" however it appears Die Mannschaft put quite the beat down on the Portuguese. Anyone watch it this morning - is that score indicative of the actual flow of the game? I know Portugal was down a man but still that is quite a thumping....

#16 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

Didn't see the game live due to this thing called "work" however it appears Die Mannschaft put quite the beat down on the Portuguese. Anyone watch it this morning - is that score indicative of the actual flow of the game? I know Portugal was down a man but still that is quite a thumping....

Germany did play well but the I thought it was the Portuguese goalie who shouldn't have allowed 2 of the goals. The first goal was a terrible penalty that the ref was forced to call, but the 2nd was a nice corner header. The third was right at Patricio after a missed clearing attmept and he just missed it off his foot, while the 4th a poorly controlled corner he flicked right to Muller on the goal line.  The defense of Portugal was atrocious in their clearing attempts, Nani was very bad, and Ronaldo kept shooting from 25 yards out right at the defenders. To add insult to injury Coentrao pulled a muscle. Just worst case scenario all around.

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

Forget Germany and Portugal, how the heck did the US beat out Ghana, lol?

Know it all.

#18 Dimitrios

Dimitrios
  • 316 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

This is how I feel about the Greece - Colombia game. Ouch, but the Greeks had some good efforts too. Surely they'll come back to win it all!!

#19 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

Forget Germany and Portugal, how the heck did the US beat out Ghana, lol?

Hard work, better training, better team effort?

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:01 AM

C'mon Tedward, we all know the US bought the game. Besides, in between baseball and football training American players don't have much time for building their soccer skills.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users