Happy Hour in Victoria + minors in pubs

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:56 AM

I thought it might be fun to have a dedicated thread to track things.

One of the first I see is BARD & BANKER - all local beers, $5 from 3pm-6pm every day, the lowest legal price for real pints.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:12 AM

10492528_737476389631720_257336425295687

OK, and STICKY WICKET has thrown together this, for at least the first weekend.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

For bard is that Mon to Fri or 7 days a week?

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

For bard is that Mon to Fri or 7 days a week?

EVERY day according to their tweet.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

Oh, I guess pubs can apply to have minors, effective immediately.

http://www.vancouver...2936/story.html

Hmmm, who will be the first to go for this...

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 03:29 PM

EARLS:  Exciting News for BC! Happy Hour is back! And we are so excited to offer you EVERY drink feature EVERY day from 3-6pm in the lounge and patio!

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Irish Times Pub has also added Happy Hour pricing:

Happy Hour!

We are so very excited to let you all know that we finally have Happy Hour from 3-6pm EVERYDAY at the Times! This means $5 pints of Domestic beer and $6 pints of Import & Ciders! 

There are also $5 and $7 on 5oz and 7oz, respectively, house red & white wines, as well as $5 house spirit highballs and $8 on said double highballs! What a fantastic way to start the first day of summer! Sláinte!

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 05:01 PM

its official HAPPY HOUR IS HERE!!!! 3-6 everyday we have20 oz domestic pints for $5 20 oz import beers and ciders for $6 as well as $5 wine and highballs!!!!!! see you VERY soon

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:07 PM

So just to be clear here, in two swift days, the government has:

Made it so you can have drinks in restaurants, with no intention of eating food...

... and made it so bars can have minors up to 10pm.

Wow, that's quite the thing.

So one thing that still gives restaurants a slight disadvantage, over bars, is they must have enough seats for everyone - ie. if you are licensed for 175 people, you must have 175 seats with space for 175 plates of food in front of them, and of course in restaurants you must have the full food menu available at all opening hours.  Many pubs of course knock off food sales at 11pm or whenever.

#10 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

You can also buy hooch at farmers markets.
  • Mr Cook Street likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

For real?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

It's ON!  Yates Taphouse now allows minors until 10, in a small area that's always been licensed for minors.  

#13 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:38 AM

They don't need to apply for a special license for kids? They can just do it?

#14 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

They don't need to apply for a special license for kids? They can just do it?

In their case, they've always been able to do it, just never bothered until now, it's a very small area in the corner that has always had a restaurant license.  For others, it's just a one-week approval process.  After Yates gets full approval (if they are seeking it) they will be able to have kids all over the bar I presume.

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:52 AM

This might help with the labour situation.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:59 AM

This might help with the labour situation.

I'd like to see someone be real aggressive with an hour or two.  2pm-4pm is tough on places.  They die out after lunch rush and you have a bunch of staff kicking around, or leaving.  A super-aggressive 2pm-4pm drink AND FOOD deal could really make a name for a place.  Of course, you run the risk of some of your usual 12pm crowd just moving to 2pm, and then you serve the same number of people, but at less profit.  But gosh darn it, someone ought to be daring.  Someone like Pig. 

We've started a Faceobok page to track deals.

#17 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:24 AM

Yes they quitely announced the farmers markets the next day.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:36 AM

Time to drag my restaurant concept out?

The problem is the dead times.

That's why I have a restaurant concept called "On the Clock" where prices are adjusted every hour. It's a complex algorithm that decides the menu price for each item, changing up or down each hour depending on demand for that item, and general sales volume history for that hour. A big computer screen shows the current prices, but better get your order in before the top of the hour. The price is changing! "You're on the clock!"

• Nparker and vicernie like this

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 03:48 PM

Six Mile Pub: On Wednesday July 2nd, 2014 the Six Mile Pub will be welcoming children and families for the first time in our 159 year history!

Come down and join the fun, with a new Kids under 12 menu, featuring unique items like Spiral lasagne and Coney Island Pretzel Dogs

True to our values we will be offering quality fresh meals made with the finest available products sourced as close to home as possible.

And don't forget about our Sunday Buffet, now welcoming families and children with our under 12 pricing.

#20 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Is the Sunday brunch there any good? Would love to try if it is and can bring my baby now!

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users