Legato
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 960 Yates Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Legato is an 88-unit, 17-storey condo tower with ground floor commercial space at 960 Yates Street in downtown... (view full profile)
Learn more about Legato on Citified.ca      Official website: legatovictoria.com
Photo

[Downtown] Legato | Condos; commercial | 17-storeys | Complete - built in 2018

• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#561 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:22 AM

"Hello Nparker. Do you know who this is?"

"Mike K.?"

"Yes, I've been looking for you, Nparker. I don't know if you're ready to see what I want to show you, but unfortunately you and I have run out of time. They're coming for you, Nparker, and I don't know what they're going to do."

"Who's coming for me?"

"Stand up and see for yourself."

• Nparker and Matt R. like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#562 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:26 AM

"This your last chance. After this there is no turning back. You take the blue joint, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to. You take the red joint, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember, all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

• Mike K., Nparker and lanforod like this

#563 Freedom57

Freedom57
  • 87 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

Are you standing behind me at my desk taking this photo Mike - cuz that's what I am seeing outside my window. Spooky.

Ah! So you have jobs!  I was wondering if anyone worked around here since it seems everyone adds to Vibrant Victoria throughout the day.  (Which I am thoroughly enjoying.)  Or perhaps this IS your job?

• Nparker likes this

#564 TallGuy

TallGuy
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

The crane is coming down.

So how much longer until they stop parking their sh*t in the bike lane?

#565 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Ha ha I think we all have jobs. No telling which of us officially books time off when we come to VV. I notice LJ ousts at the end of the day. Maybe after work.
  • Freedom57 likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#566 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

So how much longer until they stop parking their sh*t in the bike lane?

My guess is at the same time they stop parking their sh*t on the sidewalk.

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#567 TallGuy

TallGuy
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

:teacher:

#568 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 01:55 PM

Does anyone know approximate completion/occupancy date?

#569 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:00 PM

I've noticed that there seems to be an unusually large number of assignments at this building.  Currently there are 3 units (605, 1005, 1503) listed on MLS. Since January, there have been three other assignments (903, 1505, 1506).  I seem to recall seeing a handful throughout 2017 too.  I don't really keep track of this sort of thing, but this seems much higher than I would have expected and what i've seen with other buildings. 

Maybe some buyers were surprised by 989. I just think with occupancy so close, people would be better off taking possession and then selling.  Seems like you'd get more money that way and not be subject to some of the restrictive aspects of selling via assignment.  

#570 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 03:44 PM

I've noticed that there seems to be an unusually large number of assignments at this building.  Currently there are 3 units (605, 1005, 1503) listed on MLS. Since January, there have been three other assignments (903, 1505, 1506).  I seem to recall seeing a handful throughout 2017 too.  I don't really keep track of this sort of thing, but this seems much higher than I would have expected and what i've seen with other buildings. 

Maybe some buyers were surprised by 989. I just think with occupancy so close, people would be better off taking possession and then selling.  Seems like you'd get more money that way and not be subject to some of the restrictive aspects of selling via assignment.  

About 1/3 of the units in Legato face south or southeast to Yates Street; another third (the 1 bedroom units) face directly east or directly west. So I'd venture that most units will have no view of 989 at all, and the northeast/northwest units - which will face the general direction of 989 - may not be badly impacted.  I certainly think that the Escher may be more impacted by the current plans for Parc Residences owing to the massing of the proposed structure and the fact that it will be 'surround' Escher on 2 sides (I certainly think that the north-facing units at Mondrian are being impacted by 1488).

#571 DougG

DougG
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Another crane taken down. Are we long past peak craneage? Seems like new starts are slowing down or stubbornly staying on the drawing board. 

#572 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

I notice LJ ousts at the end of the day.

That's his business. I prefer to oust first thing in the morning but to each his own.

• Nparker likes this

#573 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

Another crane taken down. Are we long past peak craneage? Seems like new starts are slowing down or stubbornly staying on the drawing board. 

No we'll soon seen cranes at Tapestry and Vivid, but there could be others that I am not thinking of off the top of my head

Its still busy and no sign of it slowing down, although construction inflation is rising rapidly and labour shortages are a huge problem

#574 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 08:10 AM

A crane has gone up at the Sayward development for the last phase. It’s a full size tower crane.

Know it all.

#575 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:17 AM

^yes I forgot about that one.  What project has the tower crane up in Langford?  I think its on Peatt if I remember right

#576 seymour201

seymour201
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 09:39 AM

^yes I forgot about that one.  What project has the tower crane up in Langford?  I think its on Peatt if I remember right

There's the one on  Claude that you may be thinking of.  https://vibrantvicto...r-construction/

#577 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

That's his business. I prefer to oust first thing in the morning but to each his own.

I oust morning noon and night.

• VicHockeyFan likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#578 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 February 2018 - 05:08 PM

Photos from Feb 23rd

Attached Images

• IMG_4993.jpg
  • IMG_5009.jpg
  • IMG_5010.jpg
  • IMG_5011.jpg
  • IMG_5013.jpg

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#579 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,188 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

February 24

Legato-February-24-2018.jpg

• Nparker, 2F2R and Matt R. like this

Know it all.

#580 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

View Towers remains hideous.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users