• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

https://www.facebook...?type=1

https://fbcdn-sphoto...767157203_n.jpg

Not sure what is happening to the license or premise but electronic dance music is going strong so its not a case of "sports bar syndrome"...

Edited by Mr_E_Squirrel, 25 July 2014 - 11:13 AM.

#2 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:20 AM

They are moving.

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#3 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Different format and different name though.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#4 Mr_E_Squirrel

Mr_E_Squirrel
  • 589 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Where did they move to, or where did the license go? The big "Wing Lee Group -For Lease" sign is up on the Government St location. That downstairs location might be a tough rental any one remember what it was before it was a nightclub. I don't..

#5 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

That lower space started out as a nightclub called Central Station. Before that it was a basement.

• Mr_E_Squirrel likes this

#6 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

And it shall now forever stay a basement. They left cause the place is falling in on itself.
  • Mr_E_Squirrel likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:54 PM

They hope to open as "Infiniti" in Market Square.

https://victoria.civ...uor Licence.pdf

Police are pretty solidly opposed.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 07:56 AM

The application is going to public hearing.  The police sat in on the meeting.  I sense difficulty coming.  Even though the city is currently DOWN over 600 nightclub spots compared to 2012, with Monty's and the attached nightclub (Julie's) not opening any time soon, and Sopranos closed permanently.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#9 thundergun

thundergun
  • 1,172 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:05 AM

Do you know if the problem is with more nightclub spots or with these particular owners?

#10 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

Do you know if the problem is with more nightclub spots or with these particular owners?

Jack Weeks is the owner, and Hush causes little difficulty for police.  Ya, it's just general concern about more spots and councillor T-J mentioned new residents at Union and Janion.

#11 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Hush was always pretty tame compared to most of the other 'nigh club' spots around town.

I wonder why they moved? That old Social Club space they are trying to go in to is awful. The old Hush space was pretty decent (for a basement bar, mind you).

#12 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

Night life is good. They just need to extend opening hours so people trickle home instead of dumping drunks onto the street all at once when they are at peak hammer time... If dawn is breaking, birds are chirping, the street cleaners are out and you are worn out you are much less likely to cause trouble...
  • Mike K. likes this

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

They had their public hearing last night.  No idea how it went, but it had plenty of opposition.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

People are growing frustrated by the night life in Victoria. We can't seem to have a good time without yelling into the night, pissing in doorways, drunkenly hassling people, etc. And as more residents start moving downtown they will begin to take ownership of their neighbourhood and take back the streets, so to speak.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#15 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

I've got a call in to city hall to see what happened.

#16 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

They had their public hearing last night.  No idea how it went, but it had plenty of opposition.

I'd be really curious to hear. Market Square could REALLY use some excitement. 

• Nparker likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

No public chose to speak at the meeting.  T-Joe asked two questions.

In two weeks the council will debate and come to a decision.

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

There was no debate, it passed unanimously.  Transfer approved.

#19 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

Ran into the owner last night, he's still trying to open it, but says inspection regime esp. with burned-out restaurant above is very tough.

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:35 PM

Yeah I can imagine. What's the planned name of the new space?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users