Photo

McDonald's restaurants in Victoria

• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

#681 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 02:21 PM

Burger Chef we hardly knew ye. It would have been a cool place to have in my 'hood if it had lasted more than 5 years.

#682 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 03:17 PM

Seems like it lasted barely 5 years.

#683 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 03:19 PM

Nothing ever changes in Victoria. Not including multinational burger franchises which arrive with great controversy and fanfare and then depart again before some people have even had a chance to try them.

#684 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,398 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 03:22 PM

#fuddruckers

#685 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 07:10 PM

Maybe watch your language? This is supposed to be a family board.

#686 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 29 January 2023 - 08:06 PM

Cows hanging in the window, hot cheese on tap… what a time to be alive.
  • aastra likes this

#687 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,310 posts

Posted 03 April 2023 - 02:30 PM

McDonald's (MCD) will temporarily close its U.S. corporate offices this week as it plans to lay off an undisclosed number of workers as part of a larger restructuring effort, per the Wall Street Journal.

In an internal memo, McDonald's told employees that they should work from home Monday to Wednesday while it virtually informs impacted staff. The company also told employees to cancel all in-person meetings with vendors and outside parties at the headquarters.

https://ca.finance.y...-153810727.html

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 03 April 2023 - 02:31 PM.

#688 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 17 April 2023 - 07:28 AM

McDonald’s, which has been focusing on upgrading its core items to boost sales, is rolling out a series of changes designed to improve its signature burgers.

Buns will be softer. Cheese, gooier. Onion will be added to patties right on the grill. And the Big Mac sauce? There will be more of it.

“We found that small changes, like tweaking our process to get hotter, meltier cheese and adjusting our grill settings for a better sear, added up to a big difference in making our burgers more flavorful than ever,” said chef Chad Schafer, senior director of culinary innovation of McDonald’s USA, in a statement Monday. The upgrades apply to the Big Mac and the McDouble burger as well as the classic cheeseburger, double cheeseburger and hamburger.

https://www.cnn.com/...m_medium=social

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 April 2023 - 07:28 AM.

#689 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 17 April 2023 - 07:45 AM

You'd think they'd have figured this out ages ago... I liked their more premium line of burgers (Angus etc.), but they seem to have dropped them in most or maybe all places.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#690 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 07:02 AM

Say goodbye to refilling that Coke. McDonald’s is getting rid of self-served soda.

The Chicago-based fast food chain plans to eliminate self-service soda machines at its U.S. restaurants by 2032, McDonald’s confirmed this week. It’s unclear if locations outside the U.S. will follow suit.

In an email to The Associated Press Tuesday, McDonald’s USA said the goal of the change is to create consistency for customers and crew members across the chain’s offerings — from in-person dining to online delivery and drive-thru options.

https://www.nbcnews....ants-rcna104729

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 September 2023 - 07:02 AM.

#691 m3m

m3m
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 13 September 2023 - 10:07 AM

The McDonald’s at view / Douglas hasn’t had one for ages

#692 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 11:23 AM

McDonald's is expecting to go through a growth spurt.

The Chicago-based burger giant wants to establish thousands of new locations around the globe in the next few years, aiming to have 50,000 locations operating by 2027.

That's up roughly 25 per cent from more than 40,000 McDonald's locations in operation today. The company says its anticipated expansion would represent the chain's fastest-ever period of growth.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...lobal-1.7053661

Delivery is an increasingly important aspect of the company's business, with global sales exceeding $16 billion US, up from $1 billion just six years ago.

^ isn’t that last bit crazy? McDonalds resisted delivery for so long.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 09 December 2023 - 11:25 AM.

#693 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 09 December 2023 - 07:25 PM

They are opening up coffee/drink establishments called Cosmc. Drive through only, I think. The first one opened in Chicago today with lineups 4 hours long. 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#694 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,228 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 05:57 AM

I expect them to be the first fully automated “restaurant.”

#695 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 10 December 2023 - 06:11 AM

I expect them to be the first fully automated “restaurant.”

It seems to me they could just operate anywhere with no more than a take-out window on a wall.

And they need not do deliveries from each location for real dense areas it would be better to run a ghost kitchen type operation.

#696 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 14 December 2023 - 06:55 AM

Woman waits four hours to try McDonald's spinoff CosMc's, delivers verdict

Kristina Buchthal Alkass braved the long lines to try McDonald's new spinoff concept CosMc's and shared her thoughts with FOX Business

https://www.foxbusin...elivers-verdict

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 14 December 2023 - 06:55 AM.

#697 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 25 January 2024 - 07:25 PM

McDonald's spinoff CosMc's saw twice as many visits as regular restaurant in first month: report

CosMc's also had more than triple the number of visits per square foot than a traditional McDonald's in December 2023, data shows

Now, recent data shows the "small-format, beverage-led" establishment saw more than double the number of visitors than a typical McDonald's location would chainwide in December 2023, according to business insights platform Placer.ai.

"Placer’s data suggests that CosMc’s saw more than double the number of visits that a typical McDonald’s saw chainwide during December 2023 despite being open only since Dec. 7 and more than triple the number of visits per square foot (given CosMc’s smaller, roughly 2,500-square-feet footprint)," Placer.ai said in a report published Jan. 6.

"However, it’s also worth noting that CosMc’s visitation numbers would likely have been much higher if the location had additional capacity to satisfy the overwhelming demand."

https://www.foxbusin...st-month-report

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 25 January 2024 - 07:26 PM.

#698 max.bravo

max.bravo
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 10:28 AM

I just got the mcdonalds app. 

(The worst part is admitting you go to mcdonalds enough to justify an app.)

I usually just get coffee, and ice cream cones sometimes...

But the app is very convenient - you can bypass the drive thru and the in-store line up / other customers.

Order on the app. park in the curbside spot. they bring the food to you. 

No touching dirty ordering screens. No waiting around inside for 10 minutes to get a coffee. You don't even have to reach for your wallet.

Edited by max.bravo, 26 January 2024 - 10:30 AM.

#699 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2024 - 10:29 AM

Ya the app is decent.

#700 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,310 posts

Posted 30 January 2024 - 10:43 PM

The McDonald's McRib is back in Canada after 10 years — here's what a dietitian says about it

While there's 'no harm' in trying out the McRib, here's what you should know about its nutritional value.

https://ca.style.yah...-110047050.html

This article is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Contact a qualified medical professional before engaging in any physical activity, or making any changes to your diet, medication or lifestyle.

Can I just go to a walk-in clinic and tell them I'm going to try the McRib?  Or do I have to see a family doctor?

Oh man, also I have to check in before I engage in any physical activity or lifestyyle change.  I'm going to try Telus Health to tell them I'm going upstairs to bed (physical activity).

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 30 January 2024 - 10:48 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users