• 1,393 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:20 AM

Stronger likelihood of being in a party that forms government 

#5762 JohnsonStBridge

JohnsonStBridge
  • 342 posts
  • LocationInner Harbour

Posted 10 June 2021 - 08:46 AM

In the words of my favourite amphibian poet; It's not easy being green.

• Mike K., Nparker, John M. and 1 other like this

#5763 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 10 June 2021 - 09:18 AM

Wonder what she was promised.

I think internal conflict among the Greens is the more likely cause

#5764 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,924 posts

Posted 10 June 2021 - 10:30 AM

Stronger likelihood of being in a party that forms government 

indeed.

The Greens’ stance on environmental and social policy often aligns more closely with New Democrat positions, but NDP prospects in Atwin’s riding of Fredericton appear vanishingly small after that party won less than six per cent of the vote in 2019.

https://www.vicnews....ns-to-liberals/

#5765 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 04:16 AM

Green Leader Annamie Paul says attempt to force her out driven by racism, sexism

Annamie Paul has pledged to stay on as leader of Canada's Green Party and is claiming attempts to force her out of the top job were being driven by racism and sexism.

Paul survived an emergency leadership meeting on Tuesday evening that could have kick-started the process of removing her from the leadership.

Paul told a news conference in Ottawa yesterday that the push to eject her was led by a "small group" of party brass "who are on their way out."

Paul said the allegations made against her during the Tuesday meeting "were so racist, so sexist, that they were immediately disavowed by both our MPs as offensive and inflammatory."

The Green Party's federal council, the organization's governing body, ultimately opted against holding a no-confidence vote during the roughly three-and-a-half-hour emergency meeting.

Paul said the council members who pushed for the vote "did so with no substantive consultation" with other party members.  

CBC News obtained a copy of the letter that prompted the meeting, which contains a scathing review of Paul's leadership style. The letter was written by Beverley Eert, the federal council's Manitoba representative, and Kate Storey, the party fund's representative.

"Since her election as leader, Annamie Paul has acted with an autocratic attitude of hostility, superiority and rejection, failing to assume her duty to be an active, contributing, respectful, attentive member of Federal Council," the letter reads.

yes all those green party racists.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 June 2021 - 04:16 AM.

#5766 A Girl is No one

A Girl is No one
  • 2,495 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 05:33 AM

And those anti-female sexist women.

#5767 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:43 PM

I remember when owning up to something you did badly, was a positive character trait. You admit; you do better. But it seems these days the default reaction to anything is to blame others. They're quick to deny and to attack. Those aren't the kind of leaders we want in our government.

• A Girl is No one likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#5768 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 02:48 PM

she’s awful.

they made a massive mistake bringing her on.

#5769 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 17 June 2021 - 03:26 PM

she’s awful.

they made a massive mistake bringing her on.

I am sure that at the time she ticked a lot of boxes.

How many times have I said though that given enough time activists almost always eat their own. When they run out of other people to fight they start fighting themselves.

• Nparker and Hotel Mike like this

#5770 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 06:21 AM

the new GG is an Inuit female.

https://www.ctvnews....neral-1.5498146

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 06 July 2021 - 06:22 AM.

#5771 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,007 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 06:45 AM

^ Interesting. Our track record with GG's in recent years has not been good. I wonder if Ms Simon will devote her efforts to promoting our colonial past and the role of the Monarchy. 

• Nparker likes this

#5772 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 06 July 2021 - 07:21 AM

Globe and Mail took to its front page to write the following in small text, taking up the entire front page:

The country’s early vaccine rollout is collapsing, Justin Trudeau’s announcement about possible domestic production, in some very distant future, is nothing but a distraction. - Editorial, A12

The gig is up.

:muching_out:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5773 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:43 AM

screenshot-twitter.com-2022.09.16-12_42_12.png

screenshot-twitter.com-2022.09.16-12_41_34.png

https://twitter.com/JamieSale

Simpson has three children from a previous marriage, and Sale has a son with former spouse and skating partner David Pelletier.

Sale and Pelletier became household names after a plot at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympics denied them a gold medal in pairs figure skating. The top prize was awarded to both the Canadian duo and a Russian pair after the judging scandal was exposed.

Sale and Pelletier would marry and have a son together, but divorced after a few years. They co-parent Jesse, who was born in 2007.

Sale and Simpson met in 2009 while competing in the CBC television program Battle of the Blades, which matches figure skaters and hockey players in a skating competition. Sale and Simpson won.

https://www.theglobe...rticle13102194/

I never knew she broke up with Pelletier.   Or married Simpson.  She met Simpson in 2009.   And divorced Pelletier in 2010.   Pelletier was married to ice dancer Marie-Josee Fortin for a year before he began skating with Salé and ended his marriage.   Pelletier married Russian figure skater Ekaterina Gordeeva on July 25, 2020.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 September 2022 - 08:50 AM.

#5774 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 08:51 AM

Freedom fighter?

#5775 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,924 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:24 AM

Freedom fighter?

Thanks, truckers!

• Nparker likes this

#5776 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:38 AM

Freedom fighter?

That's what we who stood our ground have called ourselves. It's a broad spectrum of beliefs of which I don't subscribe to but I identify as a freedom fighter. If you don't think it is a fight then imagine loosing your career for your principles, your friends, family, your ability to travel, to go out, to speak openly, to send your kids to school, to be ridiculed, shamed and lied about by the media and the leader of your country. To be isolated from the healthcare system, to be censored and removed from social media for expressing your views....  and still hold your ground. 

#5777 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:46 AM

Freedom fighter?

That's what we who stood our ground have called ourselves....

I only questioned the use of the term in the context of the Twitter post. I fully admit I have little-to-no knowledge of the personal beliefs/activities of these or any other competitive skaters.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#5778 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,507 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:47 AM

That’s one way to put it, for sure. Good points.
  • dasmo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5779 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 09:57 AM

I only questioned the use of the term in the context of the Twitter post. I fully admit I have little-to-no knowledge of the personal beliefs/activities of these or any other competitive skaters.

I was only answering the question  :)

The "I'm a regular person but the leader of my country wants to persecute me" twitter trend is being fostered within the "Freedom Fighter" communities of which Fleury is a part of. 

• Nparker and Victoria Watcher like this

#5780 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,487 posts

Posted 16 September 2022 - 10:06 AM

I have a debt of gratitude for this space holding it's ground on the freedom front despite most not agreeing with me. I was booted off of Facebook  :banana:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users