• 52,857 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:00 PM

kang gang

#4223 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,014 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 05:02 PM

Crazy when you consider the Green platform is free education, free meds, free income, etc, etc and the people who will wind up paying for it are the 'rich' who live on the gulf islands!

People are very strange here! You need to remember that there is basically no middle class here. It’s wealthy or poor with rare exception.

Matt.

Edited by Matt R., 17 September 2019 - 05:04 PM.

#4224 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:34 AM

Latest Nanos poll for G&M/CTV

Sept 16 / Sept 6

Cons: 35.9 / 30.7 (+ 5.2)
Libs: 34.9 / 34.6 (+ 0.3)
NDP: 15.4 / 16.6 (- 1.2)
GRN: 6.5 / 11 (- 4.5)
PPC: 1.8 / 1.0 (+ 0.8)

The Greens are imploding, according to this poll, with major gains for the Cons and the PPC.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4225 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:14 PM

Justin Trudeau Wore Brownface at 2001 ‘Arabian Nights’ Party While He Taught at a Private School, Canada's Liberal Party Admits

https://time.com/568...rownface-photo/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 September 2019 - 03:15 PM.

#4226 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

that was quick.

#4227 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:41 PM

Nonsense, he's merely showing solidarity with people of colour and all flying magicians of Mid-eastern descent!

• rjag likes this

#4228 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

Wow! I wonder how the CBC and Jerry Diaz will try and downplay this....imagine all the progressives reactions if this was a picture of Scheer?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#4229 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,469 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

Diaz just became his own worst nightmare.
  • Kapten Kapsell, rjag and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4230 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:46 PM

I think I might accept the "Arabian Nights" theme but I pray to God there was no "The Color Purple" theme night.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#4231 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

Reaction to the photo was swift, with NDP leader Jagmeet Singh saying the photo was “making a mockery of someone for what they lived, and what their lived experiences are.”

Singh said Trudeau “needs to answer for it, and answer the question, as to why he did that, and what does that say about what he thinks about people who because of the colour of their skin face challenges, and barriers, and obstacles in their life.”

The National Council of Canadian Muslims said seeing Trudeau in the picture was “deeply saddening, and called the incident “reprehensible.” Executive Director Mustafa Farooq called on the PM to apologize.

“While we recognize that people can change and evolve over two decades, it is critical that the Prime Minister immediately and unequivocally apologizes for his wearing of brownface/blackface,” Farooq said in a statement.

Trudeau is expected to personally address questions about the photo within the next hour.

https://dailyhive.co...brownface-photo

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 September 2019 - 04:01 PM.

#4232 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

"And Mr. Prime Minister, is it true you dressed up as DJ Jazzy Jeff for "Fresh Prince Night"?

"Yes, that is true and I apologize".

"And is it true you dressed up as Chico for "Chico And The Man Night"?

"Yes, and that was completely inappropriate".

"And did you appear as Long Duk Dong at a "Sixteen Candles Night" event?

"True, and I offer my humble apologies and wish to take this opportunity to move forward".

• Mike K., Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#4233 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:15 PM

I hated when Liberals dug up Scheer saying homophobic stuff from years ago and I hate this being dug up. I also hated removing the MacDonald statue because for today's standards he's a "bad man" but back when he was actually alive he was pretty moderate. It's like people don't realize 18 years ago was a completely different time. Even the (I think) 6 years ago with the Scheer stuff. 

#4234 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:21 PM

I hated when Liberals dug up Scheer saying homophobic stuff 

it was not homophobic.  it was against gay marriage.  like obama was in 2008 against gay marriage.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 September 2019 - 04:21 PM.

• Cats4Hire likes this

#4235 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

I'm not convinced Obama was ever against gay marriage. He knew supporting it was a political no-win at the time. I have a feeling he got Biden to come out in support first and that eased the way for him to embrace it. 

Scheer, on the other hand is the opposite. I think he's personally against it but supports it because it's a wise political move.

#4236 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,857 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau apologized Wednesday for wearing brownface makeup at a party in 2001, after TIME Magazine published a photo from the event.

“I shouldn’t have done that. I should have known better but I didn’t and I’m really sorry,” Trudeau told reporters on the plane after a day of campaigning in Atlantic Canada.

TIME reported Wednesday that the photo appeared in the 2000-2001 yearbook of West Point Grey Academy, a private day school in British Columbia where Trudeau was a teacher at the time.

“It was a photo taken in 2001 while he was teaching in Vancouver,” a Liberal Party spokesperson said in a statement.  She said the photo was taken at the school’s annual dinner, “which had a costume theme of ‘Arabian Nights.’”

Trudeau acknowledged that he was dressed as Aladdin.

https://election.ctv...-2001-1.4599848

i agree the outfit looks like aladdin.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 18 September 2019 - 04:28 PM.

#4237 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:34 PM

I agree that it's a completely ridiculous thing to get angry over and that it's totally harmless and a pretty funny costume.

That said, I LOVE seeing trudeau get sacrificed on the altar that he helped build
  • Mike K., rjag and m3m like this

#4238 m3m

m3m
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:35 PM

I hated when Liberals dug up Scheer saying homophobic stuff from years ago and I hate this being dug up. I also hated removing the MacDonald statue because for today's standards he's a "bad man" but back when he was actually alive he was pretty moderate. It's like people don't realize 18 years ago was a completely different time. Even the (I think) 6 years ago with the Scheer stuff. 

I don't mind it.  It gives us a chance to test our politicians and creates the opportunity for them to demonstrate that they've changed.  We're not voting for 29 year old JT.  We're voting for the current JT. 

The response is critical as demonstrated with Scheer's response to his controversies where he has not demonstrated, at least to me, that he is now a different person than he was when he was critical of gay marriage. 

#4239 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

Yikes he’s hanging onto 4 good looking girls. That should also be breaking some kind of rule. One of those girls is made up like an Asian. Jeepers....get over it.

I am no JT fanboy, but if that’s all the NDP have in their campaign box...forget them.

#4240 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:45 PM

I’m pretty sure it was pretty frowned upon in 2001. Nobody did that in 2001?

In about 1998 I chose not to blackface even though nobody knew what my halloween costume was.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users