5846 replies to this topic

#4281 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 09:34 AM

trudeau.jpeg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4282 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:22 AM

That's awkward.

trudeau 2.jpeg

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4283 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

Local politicians are now at each other, including a Twitter message from Councillor Loveday to BC Green Party Leader Andrew Weaver who called Trudeau's antics an no more than a high school stunt.

So even if you're 29 and don blackface at a high school, it's still just a high school hijink? I think Weaver didn't realize Trudeau wasn't a student when he was dressed up as Alladin.

Loveday: "Dear fellow white people, if you don't understand how the photos of Trudeau are racist and harmful the now would be a great time to listen instead of speak."

in response to:

Weaver: "Let the person who has never done anything they regret in high school cast the first stone. Silence. Enough said. This federal election campaign is in the gutters and I am disgusted."

• bluefox likes this

Know it all.

#4284 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

Loveday: "Dear fellow white people, if you don't understand how the photos of Trudeau are racist and harmful the now would be a great time to listen instead of speak”

Typical Loveday. Nauseating and trite.
  • pennymurphy2000 and A Girl is No one like this

#4285 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:05 AM

Weaver: "Let the person who has never done anything they regret in high school cast the first stone. Silence. Enough said. This federal election campaign is in the gutters and I am disgusted."

I mean that's one thing everyone can probably agree on

• rjag and gstc84 like this

#4286 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:13 PM

International headline: Canada's Justin Trudeau cannot say how often he wore blackface

Know it all.

#4287 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:17 PM

Do we think the Greens and NDP will take votes away from the Liberals, or are Liberal voters likely to throw their support behind the Conservatives?

Know it all.

#4288 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:23 PM

Do we think the Greens and NDP will take votes away from the Liberals, or are Liberal voters likely to throw their support behind the Conservatives?

A bit of both. NDP won't see a net rise though, a lot of their support has gone to the Greens. Greens will likely double their popular vote %, maybe even win 2 or 3 seats.

#4289 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:12 PM

And right on cue, Liberals are trying to turn this into a smear campaign by the Conservatives.

There are now grumblings about this being a Conservative hit-piece and that Scheer should have revealed what he knew long ago. Scheer says he saw the photos and the video when everybody else did.

• lanforod likes this

Know it all.

#4290 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 01:30 PM

bigger question is if the conservatives will actually used these images/video in an attack ad.  i'm sure there are some interesting meetings right now.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 September 2019 - 01:30 PM.

#4291 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

Where was this last election? Harper has some photos of himself?

#4292 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:03 PM

Local politicians are now at each other, including a Twitter message from Councillor Loveday to BC Green Party Leader Andrew Weaver who called Trudeau's antics an no more than a high school stunt.

So even if you're 29 and don blackface at a high school, it's still just a high school hijink? I think Weaver didn't realize Trudeau wasn't a student when he was dressed up as Alladin.

Loveday: "Dear fellow white people, if you don't understand how the photos of Trudeau are racist and harmful the now would be a great time to listen instead of speak."

in response to:

First one to find the photo of Weaver gets a $20

#4293 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:04 PM

https://www.timescol...ndal-1.23951579

'Sani Piameng, the owner of an African butcher shop and grocery store, said Trudeau has often visited his store and even watched soccer games with him and his customers.

"The man is not racist," said Piameng, who is black. "He's open to everybody."

His wife, Juliana Owusu, said she didn't feel "at all" offended by Trudeau's actions, which she compared to dressing up for Halloween or a play.

"If I'm a black person, and I want to dress like Cinderella, is that racist?" she asked.'

^this is the normal, healthy response to this 'scandal'
  • jasmineshinga and Victoria Watcher like this

#4294 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:16 PM

International media is lighting up over this.

#4295 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:19 PM

Someone somewhere has had those pictures stowed away for many years; and to say that the timing of their release, during a close-run election campaign, is anything but intentional strains credulity beyond the breaking point.

And I say this as someone who is most decidedly not a Liberal supporter.

#4296 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:22 PM

Someone somewhere has had those pictures stowed away for many years; and to say that the timing of their release, during a close-run election campaign, is anything but intentional strains credulity beyond the breaking point.

And I say this as someone who is most decidedly not a Liberal supporter.

why does it matter when they are released though?  no matter who had them.

i'm not even sure it's going to move the needle that much.   liberals only think it's bad when people on the right do this kind of thing.  trudeau will get a pass from them like he did with the groping at the kokanee event.  liberals get a pass on #metoo often also especially if you are young and attractive.  only older guys get hung up on that by liberals.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 19 September 2019 - 02:28 PM.

• LJ likes this

#4297 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

https://vibrantvicto...1568914469.jpeg

That just looks like a black-and-white photo. Doesn’t appear to be any face paint?

Edited by todd, 19 September 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#4298 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

well typical nbc.  why not have him on and give him the gears?

it might have been a pre-taped bit.

for those that don't know lilly singh is a big deal on TV now.

#4299 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:05 PM

"A Liberal candidate in British Columbia says some of his campaign signs have been vandalized with black colouring on his face"

Just doesn't make sense. MP Stephen Fuhr wasn't privileged, like our PM.

http://www.msn.com/e...BV&ocid=DELLDHP

#4300 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,995 posts

Posted 19 September 2019 - 04:08 PM

the "signs vandalized" story is so whatever.  it happens at every election and at every level.  non story.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users