Photo

2019 Canadian Federal Election - general discussion

• Please log in to reply
5846 replies to this topic

#4921 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:24 AM

So is anyone brave enough to forecast the results for tomorrow?

Conservatives get the most votes, liberals get the most seats

#4922 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:25 AM

I don't think that would explain the BC ridings. While we don't currently have a coalition I bet most people couldn't tell you the difference and Horgan's popularity only seems to be going up (https://www.google.c...ing-to-poll/amp) so I don't think the people here dislike the idea that much (unless people are more politically aware than I give them credit for)

#4923 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

So two ridings in YYJ with Cons in second place, and likely another riding (or even two) up-Island. Scheer should be here. Singh and Trudeau are (Singh on the Island on Friday). May is as well.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4924 Cats4Hire

Cats4Hire
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

Do we know where Scheer is today? I assume he's not just chilling at home so his strategists probably decided wherever he has been would be more beneficial than Vancouver Island.

#4925 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Do we know where Scheer is today? I assume he's not just chilling at home so his strategists probably decided wherever he has been would be more beneficial than Vancouver Island.

Scheer is in the lower mainland today according to his scheduled public appearances

In all fairness there are 20+ seats in greater Vancouver

Edited by RFS, 20 October 2019 - 08:49 AM.

#4926 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:48 AM

Are they allowed to campaign tomorrow?

So he’s closer than I thought. Perhaps the party thinks his presence in Vancouver will be noted on the Island.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4927 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 08:57 AM

Are they allowed to campaign tomorrow?

they can make appearances as they will when they cast their own votes.  they don't do big rallies although i'm not sure if that's prohibited.  election advertising (except existing signs) is prohibited tomorrow.  so radio and tv and print is devoid of ads tomorrow.  

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 October 2019 - 08:59 AM.

#4928 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:17 AM

Will the robo calls stop tomorrow?
  • rjag and rmpeers like this

#4929 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:22 AM

I call a Liberal majority.

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#4930 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:33 AM

no

liberal minority propped up by the ndp

:badpc:  going to barf if thats the end result  :whyme:

#4931 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:44 AM

One things for sure, if the cons come up short Scheer will be out on his ass. That's the silver lining as far as I'm concerned
  • Awaiting Juno and Victoria Watcher like this

#4932 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:46 AM

Every leader will save for May.

Know it all.

#4933 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Every leader will save for May.

True. Just frustrating thinking what could have been. With a different leader we'd be talking about just how big the conservatives majority is going to be.
  • Victoria Watcher likes this

#4934 JimV

JimV
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 09:53 AM

Didnt get 1 single door knock from any candidates in my riding of Victoria. Got at least 4 calls from the Libs and 3 from the NDP.

I only got one, the Green, and that was actually before the election was called. Too bad, I was hoping to tell Collins to her face exactly why I wasn't supporting her. I don't answer the phone, so don't know about that.

Hard to guess about the results. It basically depends on Ontario and I don't have a clue what they are thinking there. However, the bloom is definitely off the rose regarding Trudeau. I don't see a Lib majority under any circumstances.

Maybe Mike is right about the local Lib candidates, but I think they will end up in 3rd or 4th place in most island ridings. Certainly don't see one upsetting May. The green crazy runs pretty deep around here.
  • rjag likes this

#4935 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:01 AM

True. Just frustrating thinking what could have been. With a different leader we'd be talking about just how big the conservatives majority is going to be.

Who do you think is the ticket to a win, if Scheer loses:
- a Kenney
- a Bernier?

Know it all.

#4936 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:03 AM

- a Kenney
- a Bernier?

What about a Rona Ambrose? Think how well she would have compared to Jagmeet and Trudeau
  • rjag and Wayne like this

#4937 JimV

JimV
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:11 AM

- a Kenney
- a Bernier?

I think it's too early to write him off, win or lose. A lot of voters seem to think he's "nice", a quality that is irrelevant to me. But for those who want a warm and cuddly PM it may play better than you anticipate. Trudeau had a bit of this going for him until it veered off into creepy.

#4938 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 10:18 AM

i thought peter mackay was coming back is scheer loses.

• AndrewReeve and Awaiting Juno like this

#4939 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:52 AM

I don't think Singh will be out. He will stick around if the NDP grows their seat number which looks very likely

#4940 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 11:56 AM

I think it's too early to write him off, win or lose. A lot of voters seem to think he's "nice", a quality that is irrelevant to me. But for those who want a warm and cuddly PM it may play better than you anticipate. Trudeau had a bit of this going for him until it veered off into creepy.

I personally think he’s a good leader. No real issues with him.

As for Ambrose, yes that’s an interesting thought.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users