Photo

2019 Canadian Federal Election - general discussion

• Please log in to reply
5846 replies to this topic

#2681 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:41 PM

The budget, er, I guess more properly stated the spendit...

http://nationalpost....-or-the-economy

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2682 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:00 PM

The budget is out of date already...

http://nationalpost.... - Top Stories)

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#2683 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:04 PM

The budget is out of date already...

http://nationalpost.... - Top Stories)

But....gender!!!

The budget was pretty limp wristed to begin with. Its an attempt to sway the NDP vote....all its doing is showing how out of touch they are with economics

Edited by rjag, 03 March 2018 - 08:15 PM.

#2684 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 08:27 PM

So what happened to all of this deficit spending being to close the alleged infrastructure deficit?
  • Kungsberg likes this

#2685 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:47 AM

The bigger question is what happened to the US under Trump? Wasn’t he supposed to destroy the US economy, send the markets crashing, wave goodbye to international investment, kill domestic production and send Americans flooding north?

Under Trudeau everything above has materialized in Canada despite the media brainwashing the electorate to think that with the Liberals we couldn’t lose, and to make us feel a little smug, that under Trump there was no future. I guess we can thank American election bots for the latter? I dunno.

Our economy is under-performing, our stock market is unstable, the dollar is weak, international investment is flooding out of our country, domestic production is facing uncertainty, and professional Canadians are once again looking to the US as a place to prosper and build wealth.

How’s that for a dose of reality?
  • Dr.Strangelove likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2686 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:15 AM

But .... gender Mike! Look what he’s done for peoplekind!

#2687 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

Peoplekind in Canada sure love to sexualize a Prime Minister. I hear sales of My Canadian Boyfriend are doing alright.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2688 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:35 AM

If you look south you're looking in the wrong direction if you want some examples of how to run a country. Trump is turning the U.S. into a wild west kind of operation. He is taking apart almost all aspects of the federal government. He is removing safeguards for the environment, consumers, children. He is personally enriching himself, making decisions based on what's best for Trump, not the U.S.A. He is fomenting hatred, racism and division. He protects the gun lobby even while making noises about reform. And as a personal example, people look to Trump for his bullying and lying, and think, if it's good enough for the President, I can behave that way too.

When we all look back on this episode in U.S. history, those who defended the Trump regime will feel sheepish.

• tedward likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#2689 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

If you look south you're looking in the wrong direction if you want some examples of how to run a country. Trump is turning the U.S. into a wild west kind of operation. He is taking apart almost all aspects of the federal government. He is removing safeguards for the environment, consumers, children. He is personally enriching himself, making decisions based on what's best for Trump, not the U.S.A. He is fomenting hatred, racism and division. He protects the gun lobby even while making noises about reform. And as a personal example, people look to Trump for his bullying and lying, and think, if it's good enough for the President, I can behave that way too.

When we all look back on this episode in U.S. history, those who defended the Trump regime will feel sheepish.

I don't know, if you compare economies at the moment the US is far outpacing Canada.

#2690 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:48 AM

1) safeguards? Thats laughable. he is removing burdensome regulations on business and massively kickstarting the economy as a result
2) personally enriching? You mean like hilary and the clinton foundation? Care to provide an example that even comes close?
3) the people formenting racial hatred and division are the democrat party and their mainstream media sidekicks. Raical division is practically a campaign platform for them.
4) On control he is proposing common sense stuff. Do you really expect him to repeal the 2a?
5) you think Trump is the first president to bully or bend the truth?

#2691 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:46 PM

For all the crap Trump has done or failed to do, the one that will matter the most is the one he got done: tax reform.

#2692 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 01:52 PM

And the mid to lower class are beginning to not be so fond of that reform.
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#2693 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 02:31 PM

And the mid to lower class are beginning to not be so fond of that reform.

Lots of cash bonuses to working class folks as well as pay raises. Fiat just announced they are closing a plant in Mexico and moving to back to Michigan. working class joe's are seeing full employment these days...its borrowing from tomorrow to pay for today but its also a page out of any leftist progressive playbook, 'bribe them with their own money'

• VicHockeyFan and lanforod like this

#2694 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

Does anybody else follow Maxime Bernier on twitter? He hasn't taken his foot off the gas at all since losing the Conservative leadership bid. Seems to me he is trying to aggressively place himself as the "lost opportunity", better, modern, more aggressive and more fiscally conservative successor to Scheer. If Scheer loses, in 2019, Mad Max could be the shoo in successor.  

• rjag, Hotel Mike and John M. like this

#2695 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 09:30 AM

Yup.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2696 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 07:37 AM

Trudeau is off vacationing again. This time in Florida.

Know it all.

#2697 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 March 2018 - 04:29 PM

How do you know they owed a million? CRA would never give out that info.

Sorry, I just saw this.  CRA gave the info to my lawyer down to the penny owed, I still have it somewhere in my files

#2698 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,479 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Lol, you can’t help but laugh at Canada’s response to the US tariffs:

“Canada countered by announcing it would slap an estimated $16.6 billion in duties on some steel and aluminum products and other goods from the U.S., including maple syrup, beer kegs, whisky and toilet paper.”

- http://www.cbc.ca/ne...trump-1.4695460

Know it all.

#2699 Wayne

Wayne
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 07:50 PM

Mike K., on 07 Jun 2018 - 5:56 PM, said:

Lol, you can’t help but laugh at Canada’s response to the US tariffs:

“Canada countered by announcing it would slap an estimated $16.6 billion in duties on some steel and aluminum products and other goods from the U.S., including maple syrup, beer kegs, whisky and toilet paper.”

- http://www.cbc.ca/ne...trump-1.4695460

And pickles! In Wisconsin, Paul Ryan's state. That will show them.

#2700 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:33 PM

If the trade war drags on, it could give Trudeau the boost he needs to keep a majority despite the prospect of having hostile Premiers all over the country by 2019. Yet another reason to hate Trump... 

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users