2019 Canadian Federal Election - general discussion

• Please log in to reply
5846 replies to this topic

#3301 Casual Kev

Casual Kev
  • 794 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:10 PM

https://www.theglobe...with-hostility/

Liberals self destruction continues. Another MP angry at Trudeau gives details to Globe and Mail for the first time today

Ms. Caesar-Chavannes, a first-term MP from the Toronto area, said she had told Mr. Trudeau in a phone call on Feb. 12 that she would be announcing her decision not to run again in the October election. She said Mr. Trudeau told her to wait, because Ms. Wilson-Raybould had quit cabinet that day. She felt that he was worried about “the optics of having two women of colour leaving,” Ms. Caesar-Chavannes said.

lol, that will cost a decent chunk of Liberal ridings in Vancouver and Toronto.

#3302 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:05 AM

I like the comment I saw online about political cartoons....."never included in the funny pages, because they're nothing to laugh about".

Attached Images

• a.png
  • b.jpg
  • c.jpg
  • d.jpg
  • e.jpg
  • f.jpg
  • g.png
  • h.jpg
  • i.jpg
  • j.jpg
  • k.png
  • l.png
  • m.jpg

#3303 Kungsberg

Kungsberg
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:06 AM

Attached Images

• n.jpg
  • o.jpg
  • p.jpg
  • r.jpg
  • s.png
  • u.jpg
  • v.jpg
  • w.jpg
  • x.png
  • y.png

#3304 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 08:31 AM

https://www.theglobe...with-hostility/

Liberals self destruction continues. Another MP angry at Trudeau gives details to Globe and Mail for the first time today

How many times do we have to say it, an activist is only interested in the fight/struggle. Once the fight diminishes then they will find a new fight. Same thing is happening in the US with a handful of new Dems now turning on their own party.

Hopefully the clear message to our party leadership teams is to stick to quality and experience.

#3305 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:02 AM

Amazing, thanks for the laughs, Kungsberg!

• Kungsberg likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3306 DavidC

DavidC
  • 111 posts
  • LocationJames Bay / Edmonton

Posted 10 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

I like the comment I saw online about political cartoons....."never included in the funny pages, because they're nothing to laugh about".

You have to love the political illustrators, they seem to have an uncanny way of distilling the mood of the Canadian populate into a single pane.
Let us hope some of these cartoons are recalled by the electorate come October or whenever the vote is called.
  • Kungsberg likes this

#3307 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:08 AM

Methinks the federal Liberals just might have some more pressing matters prior to the October election.

The NDP justice critic [Murray Rankin] is urging the Liberal government to help him improve a bill to help Canadians carrying burdensome cannabis records and ensure the legislation passes before the fall election...

https://www.cheknews...lection-543388/

#3308 VIResident

VIResident
  • 973 posts
  • LocationVancouver Island

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

"..As a chief commissioner of the British Columbia Treaties Commission, and as regional chief of the Association of First Nations in British Columbia, Wilson-Raybould and her husband authored an 800-page book called the British Columbia Association of First Nations Governance Toolkit — a Guide to Nation-Building. It was a toolkit for the self-emasculation of Canada as a sovereign jurisdiction, and a guide to the jurisdictional destruction of Canada as a nation and its voluntary submission, on grounds of the alleged moral turpitude of the European discoverers and settlers of this country, to the overlordship of the notoriously ragged self-defined communities of partially pre-European descended people in Canada. Her declared objective was to “take back” what the natives had lost. I have written here before, that where we are headed in public policy is the implicit recognition that the European occupation of Canada was morally indistinguishable, other than in the sophistication of its brutality, from the Nazi-Soviet occupation of Poland in 1939. Because the occupation was by waves and centuries of generations of peaceable civilians, the withdrawal of the invader, unlike the case of Poland in 1939–44, is not expected, merely the admission by the 98.5 per cent of the population who qualify as comparative latecomers, that the perfidy of their antecedents requires them to become the servile enrichers of the long-wronged natives."

"......Wilson-Raybould came out of the ministerial gate like a fire horse and throughout her tenure wore her nativist colours threadbare. She declared the so-called Indian treaties to be invalid, and redefined them as the right of the natives “to self-determination and self-government.” She was instrumental in trumpeting the (Justin) Trudeau government’s “Rights and Recognition Framework,” unveiled in February 2018, as shifting the rights under Section 35 of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms as not applying only to Aboriginal rights that existed in 1982, but to all laws and official practices.

This would, in practice, have a severe impact on the disposition, regulation or exploitation of any significant natural resource anywhere in Canada. The economic development and growth of Canada that had anything to do with natural resources would be dictated by any of these 600 native organizations all purporting, with enthused government quiescence, to be “nations” negotiating, on a basis of equality with the one nation of all the rest of Canada, i.e., one nation of 601 juridically equal entities, although one particular entity comprises 98.5 per cent of the population and has been recognized by the world as Canada’s government for 152 years."

https://nationalpost...o_autoplay=true 

• Sparky likes this

#3309 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

Talking about collusion....

https://business.fin...adas-government

• rjag and Sparky like this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3310 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

^ & ^^

Those are two of the most thought provoking posts that I have ever read on Vibrant Victoria.

I have two words for those two posts.....holy crap!

I had no idea about either of those topics. Did the Rockefeller Foundation fund the Together Victoria group as well?
  • Matt R. likes this

#3311 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,343 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 03:54 AM

That’s the tactic they’ve decided on. Close it down. Leave the full story untold. Use process to obscure truth. There’s a morbid irony in using control of the justice committee as the instrument to deny the function of the justice committee. If this were the Harper years they’d call it muzzling. The mores change with the tempores, I suppose.

https://nationalpost...ebacle-wont-fly

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 16 March 2019 - 03:54 AM.

#3312 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:14 AM

I don't expect you to read all 805 pages. (I haven't yet)  Just know it's there.

Penned by our former Federal Minister of Justice and her First Nations lobbyist husband Tim

This Jody gal has a chance of becoming our next Prime Minister. Wait for it.

https://bcafn.ca/wp-...nce-Toolkit.pdf

#3313 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:16 AM

Ahhh.....those were the days.

Jody and Justin.jpg

#3314 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 06:24 AM

for which party?

#3315 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:13 AM

I am sure that was part of the plan. The National Post article is quite an eye opener though. I had no idea that she had used her position to try and influence FN court decisions against the Government. I fail to see how that is any different then what she accused Trudeau of.

Edited by spanky123, 16 March 2019 - 07:13 AM.

#3316 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 07:43 AM

The vote to keep JWR muzzled (a must-watch): https://twitter.com/...917003502628865

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3317 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:59 AM

for which party?

My bets are going with the Liberal Party.

#3318 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:04 AM

The vote to keep JWR muzzled (a must-watch): https://twitter.com/...917003502628865

Jeepers....our country is no better than Venezuela or some other dictatorship.

#3319 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:08 AM

Sure looks like it, doesn’t it?

If this were occurring under Harper there would be outrage.

Know it all.

#3320 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,343 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 01:51 PM

https://trudeaumetre.polimeter.org/

so to recap.  during a period of pretty much the best possible economy you could hope for outside of just the last 2 years in alberta he has met almost none of the economic budget goals. so if he does this badly in a good economy how well does he handle budgets in a bad one?

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 17 March 2019 - 01:53 PM.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users