BUILT
989 Johnson
Uses: condo, commercial
Address: 989 Johnson Street
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Downtown Victoria
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, loft, 1BR, 2BR, sub-penthouse, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
989 Johnson is a 206-unit, two-tower 15- and 17-storey condominium complex with a six-storey podium. Ground fl... (view full profile)
Learn more about 989 Johnson on Citified.ca
Photo

[Downtown Victoria] 989 Johnson | Condos; commercial | 17 & 15-storeys | Built - completed in 2019

• Please log in to reply
983 replies to this topic

#461 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:15 AM

Client decided on the Wade. 989 wasn't flexible with electric car chargers, my guy wanted to install one in his space. Sign of the times for this request but there were no options offered, other than the communal charger - which isn't good enough as my client's car takes almost 4 hours to charge. 989 also wouldn't allow a closet to be repositioned in the den, important for my client's home office set up. Finally, they were not able to give us accurate floorplans, so it made it even harder to commit.

Wade was willing to work with my client with his electric car needs and more. Slightly cheaper and has amenities, why not?

Do you know how or if the power used by your client will be metered at The Wade?

I think the 989 crew have sidestepped the chargers due to complexities involved with the billing aspect of installing them at stalls.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#462 sweetrealtor

sweetrealtor
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Still in negotiations for the parking stall and charger at the Wade.  At least they are negotiating, whereas 989 was a firm no.  Electric cars are only going to gain in popularity so developers should be prepared to have chargers installed in other areas of their parkades and for purchasers to install chargers in their own parking space. 

Don't know if it will be metered to the purchaser.  I'm pushing for them to assign us a parking stall near the communal chargers without private Hydro metering.  The developer is discussing details with the electrician today.

#463 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:13 PM

Photos from March 31st

Attached Images

• IMG_0136.JPG
  • IMG_0138.JPG

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#464 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:17 PM

I keep wondering how much longer that cedar tree in the SE corner of the site is going to remain standing. Eventually this section will need to be excavated too!

#465 Watchman

Watchman
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Wondering how 989 will be heated have not seen anything on there site ?

#466 Watchman

Watchman
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

How I'll the units be heated .

#467 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:38 PM

Slowly but sure progress is being made. Lots of dirt and rock remains.

April 03

989-Johnson-April-03-2017.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#468 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

I see they've started work on the in-ground pool.

#469 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

I see they've started work on the in-ground pool.

Built to Olympic standards to boot!

370CDAB000000578-3731994-image-a-22_1470

• VicHockeyFan, Nparker and jonny like this

#470 Watchman

Watchman
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Checked out the showroom today . Spoke to Regan he was quite knowledgable on the downtown Victoria market . 989 checked all my boxes .
- good developer Cox
- established builder Farmers
- spacious floor plans
- low maintenance fee's
- no money draining amenities
- baseboard heaters low mtc.
- North American appliances-full size washer /dryer
- bright units
- no garburators -floods
- great location
-minutes to groceries/pharmacies/theatres/restaurants
In general a good quality simple building don't foresee any strata draining issues
  • VicHockeyFan, Nparker, 2F2R and 1 other like this

#471 Ira

Ira
  • 15 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:07 PM

Checked out the showroom today . Spoke to Regan he was quite knowledgable on the downtown Victoria market . 989 checked all my boxes .
- good developer Cox
- established builder Farmers
- spacious floor plans
- low maintenance fee's
- no money draining amenities
- baseboard heaters low mtc.
- North American appliances-full size washer /dryer
- bright units
- no garburators -floods
- great location
-minutes to groceries/pharmacies/theatres/restaurants
In general a good quality simple building don't foresee any strata draining issues

Parking stalls with every unit too. The only negatives I found were the lack of visitor parking (3 spots) and no common room to hold strata meetings. 

The strata fee on the 2BR my clients bought was ridiculously low though, under $300 for 900 square feet.

• Nparker likes this

#472 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:17 PM

Parking stalls with every unit too. The only negatives I found were the lack of visitor parking (3 spots) and no common room to hold strata meetings. 

I don't understand.  How many people attend strata meetings?  Other than the AGM?  My 63-unit building always had them at a member's unit.  AGM at a nearby hall.

• Rob Randall and Nparker like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#473 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:24 PM

Well I suppose it may be better to have a common room or events room which is a neutral area instead of having to be inside someones apartment.

#474 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:34 PM

I don't understand.  How many people attend strata meetings?  Other than the AGM?  My 63-unit building always had them at a member's unit.  AGM at a nearby hall.

Yeah, monthly strata meetings are half a dozen people tops. We just rotated, although the member with the largest penthouse seemed to host most often. Upstairs at Moxies would be a good place for an AGM. We used it once. It's only a few steps from 989 Johnson.

#475 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

...Upstairs at Moxies would be a good place for an AGM...

Plus you can have your AGM catered which should significantly increase participation.  :banana:

• Rob Randall likes this

#476 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:39 PM

206 units, probably half  or less show up for the AGM but some will bring their spouses, so could be anywhere from 75 to 150 people showing up which means a really, really big meeting room that is only necessary for two hours a year.

#477 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

Some places have had their AGM in their parking garage.  Not the end of the world.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#478 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

Blasting is supposed to start here today, per some neighbourhood notices.

#479 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

April 18

989-April-18-2017.jpg

• Nparker and 2F2R like this

Know it all.

#480 FirstTimeHomeCrier

FirstTimeHomeCrier
  • 357 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

I went to view the 989 Showroom and I was super impressed. I saw the virtual tour of the 2 bedroom floor plan and the one bedroom show suite. To me it seems that it was thoughtfully designed. I like that the one bedroom has a smaller fridge because it's more efficient for a single person or a couple. It allows for more counter space. I also love the Kitchen cabinets and counter tops. I'm glad that the bathtub does not have glass shower doors. I prefer the openness and having a shower curtain, which is easier to clean. I like the flow of the one bedroom and the loft look of exposed concrete. I really like the fact that the city is installing a bike lane on Pandora that connects out to the Galloping Goose trails. Does anyone know if 989 is on schedule? I forgot to ask while I was there. Haven't seen any photos posted for awhile.

It's weird that you wouldn't know if it's on schedule, since it sounds like you work for their marketing team.

• Stella Artois likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users