Justin Stephenson | Victoria | Councillor

Victoria

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 R0ark

R0ark
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

Justin Stephenson is a candidate for Victoria City Council November 2014. Background as a business developer, fundraiser, networker, teacher, facilitator and coach with a corporate executive background and over 30 years experience leading organizations to operational excellence within the biomedical, healthcare, non-profit, investment and financial services sectors. Proven track record in improving operational performance, leading and motivating teams, fundraising and delivering results on schedule and on budget. 

Edited by Mike K., 19 September 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#2 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:31 AM

Wow. Looking at his resume, what a track record. 

• Amused likes this

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#3 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,736 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

His website is well laid out and easy to navigate. His platform seems clear. He lives in the city of Victoria. Most importantly he is NOT an incumbent. There's a good chance he will get my vote.

#4 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:47 AM

I think he is one of the best people running for any office in the CRD in this go around

• R0ark, John M. and Amused like this

#5 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 06:34 PM

Someone on Ida's team mentioned to me that he expressed interest in working with her if it becomes clear that working with Lisa (Like he is now) won't get him elected

#6 NotHudsonMack

NotHudsonMack
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Someone on Ida's team mentioned to me that he expressed interest in working with her if it becomes clear that working with Lisa (Like he is now) won't get him elected

Lol. It is more complicated than that. I heard this rumour like 2 weeks ago and decided to ask my friend who is working on Justin's campaign. I was very sceptical of the rumour because Justin was the very first candidate to announce and immediately endorsed Lisa helps way back in early 2014, well before he had any idea of who else would be running. I don't think council candidates should do this and as far as I know, he is the only candidate to formally endorse any mayor so far? (correct me if im wrong please) Lisa isn't running a slate so I do wonder what Justin gets out of the arrangement. Anyways, my friend basically said that Justin is a businessman and he is running his campaign to get elected like a business would. If the polls swing towards Ida Chong (or probably Stephen Andrew now as well) Justin will "play ball" (not my words) with whoever is leading the pack.

I'm not against what he's doing as I would assume most council candidates are doing this, but most have been smart to stay out of the mayor race but Justin declared support Lisa WAY too early and now he looks shady for talking with other mayoral campaigns. He still has a maybe for my vote but perhaps thats because I'm so cynical I don't expect any better behaviour from politicians these days :(

#7 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

Lol. It is more complicated than that. I heard this rumour like 2 weeks ago and decided to ask my friend who is working on Justin's campaign. I was very sceptical of the rumour because Justin was the very first candidate to announce and immediately endorsed Lisa helps way back in early 2014, well before he had any idea of who else would be running. I don't think council candidates should do this and as far as I know, he is the only candidate to formally endorse any mayor so far? (correct me if im wrong please) Lisa isn't running a slate so I do wonder what Justin gets out of the arrangement. Anyways, my friend basically said that Justin is a businessman and he is running his campaign to get elected like a business would. If the polls swing towards Ida Chong (or probably Stephen Andrew now as well) Justin will "play ball" (not my words) with whoever is leading the pack.

I'm not against what he's doing as I would assume most council candidates are doing this, but most have been smart to stay out of the mayor race but Justin declared support Lisa WAY too early and now he looks shady for talking with other mayoral campaigns. He still has a maybe for my vote but perhaps thats because I'm so cynical I don't expect any better behaviour from politicians these days :(

I agree in general with what you say, but I do truly believe that most politicians are inherently good (Minus Isitt) 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users