Victoria

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:20 AM

No idea who she is, but she ran in 1999 for council and ended up in the bottom of the results, #21 out of 32.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

I still see she hasn't actually posted any information about herself on her website. 

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 07:46 AM

I still see she hasn't actually posted any information about herself on her website. 

Link?

EDIT:  OK, I see, both CFAX and Bernard have her name wrong.

http://www.voteforrigagodron.com/about

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 R0ark

R0ark
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

She's running for council, not to be Mayor.

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

She's running for council, not to be Mayor.

Geez, who knows, I'm running with all kinds of bad intel maybe..

We've already heard from a slew of candidates who want to run in this November's civic elections around Greater Victoria, but now it's officially time to file the paper work.

The nomination period opened Tuesday and lasts until October 10.

In the City of Victoria, one of the first people to file papers was a new mayoral candidate named Riga Gordon.

Incumbent Dean Fortin and challengers Ida Chong, Lisa Helps and Changes the Clown have said they all intend to run.

http://www.cfax1070....s-nomination-pe

#6 R0ark

R0ark
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:13 AM

Geez, who knows, I'm running with all kinds of bad intel maybe..

http://www.cfax1070....s-nomination-pe

I stand corrected. Her site still says she's running for council, and when I met her once she said she was running for council.

That is awesomely hilarious if she really is running for mayor. Truth be told, she had little chance of getting elected to council, but she has absolutely no chance of becoming mayor. 

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:19 AM

Generally it can't be too good for the resume if you keep losing elections.

#8 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,234 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:30 AM

The nomination process ends on October 10. I reckon there will be a whole different scene by the end of that day.

• John M. likes this
Don't be so sure.:cool:

#9 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:56 AM

The nomination process ends on October 10. I reckon there will be a whole different scene by the end of that day.

Agreed. I'd say at least one more serious contender for mayor, as well as several (as of yet) unannounced major candidates for council with the backing of various political factions and organizations 

#10 R0ark

R0ark
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:33 PM

The official list of candidates: http://www.victoria....candidates.html

I wonder if she checked the wrong box or something.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:23 AM

Weird. And what's with only the first letter of her name?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#12 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 08:51 AM

I walked by her campaign headquarters (her house, I'm assuming) and the large banner she has affixed to the building quite clearly states "Riga Godron for Victoria City Council"

#13 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

I just confirmed with someone that signed her nomination papers, she is indeed running for mayor, although she was previously just going to run for council.

#14 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

I just confirmed with someone that signed her nomination papers, she is indeed running for mayor, although she was previously just going to run for council.

Wasn't she at some point affiliated with Gregory Hartnell's "Concerned Citizens Coalition"?

#15 Holden West

Holden West

Va va voom!

• 9,058 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

I found a newer website that is not as terrible as that old one:

http://www.vote4riga.com/

Really puzzling. She had a reasonable shot at a council seat but she threw it all away for a hopeless attempt at the mayor's job.

"Beaver, ahoy!""The bridge is like a magnet, attracting both pedestrians and over 30,000 vehicles daily who enjoy the views of Victoria's harbour. The skyline may change, but "Big Blue" as some call it, will always be there."
-City of Victoria website, 2009

#16 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 12:46 PM

Looking at that site, I'd conclude that she's running for council and not the mayor's chair. I'd also conclude that she has no platform, but she does have a large photograph.

• jonny likes this

#17 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

Looking at that site, I'd conclude that she's running for council and not the mayor's chair. I'd also conclude that she has no platform, but she does have a large photograph.

:1954_dancing:

...works for some, I guess...

obama-nope.gif

• Jill and AndrewReeve like this

#18 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Apparently she changed her mind and decided to run for mayor at the registration.

#19 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:10 PM

Well at least it was well thought out plan. :confused:

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#20 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

Or at least, that's just what I heard from a secondary source

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users