Photo

Investment Ideas

• Please log in to reply
669 replies to this topic

#661 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

For sure .. all credit goes to Steve for accomplishing what he did.

You mean the Steves.... 

#662 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 41,408 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:48 AM

So I’ve been thinking. With the bitcoin bubble getting larger by the hour, is now the time to lock in gold and silver?

Gold is trading at $1,600CAD and silver at $20. With BRICS pushing for an independent gold standard petroleum dollar and the bitcoin bubble inevitably bursting in the coming weeks or months, gold might see a sudden spike as everyone takes cover and gets in for what could be a long, bumpy ride as the US struggles to maintain its petro dollar status and China/Russia keep pushing for an alternate petro currency. The result is instability which equates with a rise in precious metals.

Thoughts?

Gold is at $1,332USD today (hit $1,370 a few days back), or $1700 CAD. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it rise to $2,000CAD over the next month or six weeks with the way the trade war is shaping up.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#663 nerka

nerka
  • 913 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

For how long will Canadian natural gas sell at a 40% discount to US natural gas?  (yesterday's prices). When the gap closes will some Canadian natural gas producers be good investments?

What could close the gap in prices? LNG exports from BC? Increased Canadian consumption of gas (Alberta phasing out coal)? Increased exports to the US don't look likely except perhaps to the US West Coast. Will Canadian production fall in response to low prices?

Thoughts?

#664 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 41,408 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 12:29 PM

LNG exports, for sure. There's just not enough demand for Canada's NG, but there will be if we can export the stuff to Asia.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#665 tjv

tjv
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:06 PM

I would say if it wasn't for Steve we might be living in a very different world....

too bad he didn't invent really anything.  Microsoft invented the tablet, IBM invented the smartphone.  He was a marketer and nothing else.  I don't have a single Apple product and very happy for it.

If you read about him you will discover he was a nut job.  He refused to bathe or wear deodorant and was put on the night shift because he stunk so bad, for awhile he only ate apples and carrots and nothing else, etc, etc

#666 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:41 PM

too bad he didn't invent really anything. Microsoft invented the tablet, IBM invented the smartphone. He was a marketer and nothing else. I don't have a single Apple product and very happy for it.

If you read about him you will discover he was a nut job. He refused to bathe or wear deodorant and was put on the night shift because he stunk so bad, for awhile he only ate apples and carrots and nothing else, etc, etc

Sorry you’re right. He was a total loser....

Edited by dasmo, 06 April 2018 - 05:42 PM.

• Matt R. likes this

#667 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:54 PM

I also own MSFT but they haven’t performed nearly as well. Mind you I didn’t invest in them until they started doing some well designed products in the hardware domain.

#668 jonny

jonny
  • 8,018 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Would life really be so different if we were all still using BlackBerry's and flip phones? Life is pretty much the same as it was in 2009, overall.

#669 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:08 PM

Apple’s big contribution IMO is bringing design to the forefront of computers and like devices. Their integration of hardware/software is still second to none even though iTunes sucks. They also made digital music profitable again....

#670 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 April 2018 - 06:29 AM

Sorry you’re right. He was a total loser....

People have no idea how much difference an inspirational leader makes in a technical organization.

Edited by LeoVictoria, 07 April 2018 - 06:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users