865 replies to this topic

#861 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,503 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 04:53 PM

Nice!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#862 James Bay walker

James Bay walker

CustomUserTitle

• 558 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 21 February 2019 - 02:05 PM

I read a couple of weeks ago (Times Colonist, from a friend as I can't see subscribing to it) where the Consumer Price Index has been 'adjusted' four times to the detriment of the lower levels of our workforce (and I suppose pensioners, too). While fewer benefits being paid out should help keep income taxes down for those in higher income levels, I think the latest CPI contributes to a poor quality of life for a greater proportion of Canadians. jbw

#863 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,503 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:59 AM

Canopy Growth is entertaining the idea of creating an REIT.

This could be a huge opportunity as they pursue an international real-estate portfolio for their production facilities.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#864 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,834 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

WEED has been a solid performer for me. Even after buying back in last year. With the big tobacco and beverage companies starting to buy in I would imagine income from this type of REIT would be a lot more stable than from the malls that’s for sure. Perhaps this is a good use of the old Sears space....
  • todd likes this

#865 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 335 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:53 AM

Anyone buying the Lightspeed IPO today.  Ticker LSPD on TSX.

May be a good long term hold, but will wait until it sets in a bit.

There is a limited number of Canadian Tech names and they tend to get greater values than US Tech stocks.

#866 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 47,503 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:40 PM

Westjet has been taken over for $31 a share.

It was trading in the mid-$18's last week.

• DavidSchell likes this

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users