Photo

Clover Point

• Please log in to reply
1112 replies to this topic

#381 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:45 PM

A reasonable person would start to take the hint.

#382 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 07:54 PM

https://lisahelpsvic...bruary-14-2021/

She truly believes her way is the only way. What a bizarre letter.

How is it I have never once met one of these people who think she's doing a good job? In 6 years, you'd think I'd have met one.
  • newbie_01 likes this

#383 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 08:30 PM

How is it I have never once met one of these people who think she's doing a good job? In 6 years, you'd think I'd have met one.

You would have to spend more time in the "encampments" 

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#384 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:23 PM

Venture into Fernwood

#385 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:29 PM

Perhaps council should just have jurisdiction over Fernwood.

#386 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:37 PM

Gone are the days of folks sitting in their car taking in the view, eh?  Really, Lisa?  Want me to sit there on my bicycle for an hour?

IMG_3984.jpg

Anyway, spent some time enjoying the bands of heavy rain pass over while sipping on my coffee today from the comfort of my bike car

IMG_3994.jpg

• Redd42, grantpalin and mbjj like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#387 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 09:42 PM

I am sure there were hordes of folks picnicking at Clover Point today.

• sebberry and mbjj like this

#388 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:28 AM

I am sure there were hordes of folks picnicking at Clover Point today.

Council should be route-marched out there to "enjoy" it. 

#389 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 08:29 AM

Council should have been made to picnic there on Saturday.

• Victoria Watcher likes this

#390 kitty surprise

kitty surprise
  • 407 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:49 PM

She truly believes her way is the only way. What a bizarre letter.

Just plebiscite the damn thing already. 

#391 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:56 PM

Or better yet, shelve the whole idea until the CoV is in better fiscal shape. I'd say 25 years or so ought to do it.

• rjag and mbjj like this

#392 mbjj

mbjj
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:09 PM

Or better yet, shelve the whole idea until the CoV is in better fiscal shape. I'd say 25 years or so ought to do it.

But...but....think of the whales! 

• Nparker likes this

#393 Urbanpioneer

Urbanpioneer
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 04:26 PM

The Mayor is not wrong , she posted this picture on her blog. Look at the poor pedestrians precariously trying to squeeze around the cars that are no doubt revving there engines trying to intimidate.

I'm not sure how anyone can say this urban blight would be better than an inclusive healing encampment in its place

IMG_E2777.jpg?fit=750%2C787&ssl=1

• max.bravo likes this

#394 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:01 PM

...urban blight...

Victorians have been tossing around the term "urban blight" for the past 60 years at least. In the past you could play the "urban blight" card to justify pretty much anything:

- casual demolition of heritage buildings,

- the appropriation of old residential neighbourhoods (and mass evictions of people from their affordable homes),

- the introduction of large surface parking lots where parking lots had never existed before,

- all manner of roadwork, street widening, and traffic pattern changes

And nowadays you can play the "urban blight" card to restrict access to waterfront open spaces.

It seems to be a catch-all term to energize pretty much any initiative, and especially when the initiative in question has no relevance whatsoever to actual urban blight (except maybe causing it).

#395 Love the rock

Love the rock
  • 942 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

The Mayor is not wrong , she posted this picture on her blog. Look at the poor pedestrians precariously trying to squeeze around the cars that are no doubt revving there engines trying to intimidate.

I'm not sure how anyone can say this urban blight would be better than an inclusive healing encampment in its place

What I see is cars and pedestrians sharing the space . Are you trying to create problems where none exist ?

#396 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

What I see is cars and pedestrians sharing the space . Are you trying to create problems where none exist ?

I think Urbanpioneer was being sarcastic.

What I get from the above photo is that CP needs some tweaking to improve the pedestrian realm. Banning cars is entirely political in nature and has nothing to with public safety or the ability for multiple users to use the space at the same time.

• Mike K., rjag, sebberry and 4 others like this

#397 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:33 PM

That green 2500m sign marks the end of 2.5km of paved walking paths, does it not?  The mayor chooses to focus on the last 50 meters to claim the sky is falling.

Move the cars back a little bit and put a pathway in there.  None of this is brain surgery.  

• aastra, Nparker, rjag and 8 others like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#398 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:34 PM

...Move the cars back a little bit and put a pathway in there.  None of this is brain surgery.  

Nor should it be terribly expensive.

• Love the rock and mbjj like this

#399 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:39 PM

Okay, what if cars are still allowed there but everyone who parks is required to work an hour shift in the bicycle cho... um, bicycle "repair shop" that will be down there? I think we've got a winner with that tweak.
  • rjag likes this

#400 rmpeers

rmpeers
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 06:41 PM

That green 2500m sign marks the end of 2.5km of paved walking paths, does it not? The mayor chooses to focus on the last 50 meters to claim the sky is falling.

Move the cars back a little bit and put a pathway in there. None of this is brain surgery.

Eh, when we're talking local politics, let's not rule brain surgery out.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users