Photo

Westsong Vandals

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Matmons

Matmons
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

The Westsong Walkway is one of my favourite trails, I go for a jog or walk there just about every day. However, lately some people decided to leave their mark on this beautiful place, and the result is visual pollution of the worst kind.  

IMG_20141209_141314.jpg  IMG_20141209_141826.jpg

I am aware that graffiti can enhance some areas where there are drab concrete walls etc., but that requires artistic skills from the people doing the decorating, and these guys have none. I am not sure how Reuben Hall feels about his 2003 mural being defaced, but I think it is unforgivable.

IMG_20141209_141520.jpg

If anyone knows who this HRT and his friends are, please explain to them that the public demands a stop to their vandalism. Are there anyone with ideas on how to stop these guys, I am all ears.

IMG_20141209_141815.jpg IMG_20141209_141444.jpg

#2 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,521 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:28 PM

Haven't all of those signs been tagged at one point or another? I seem to recall that area of the walkway gets a lot of attention from taggers as its shrouded by heavy foliage.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:35 PM

Read this:

http://www.victoria....i-graffiti.html

Tagging is disgraceful. Report it. The cops will document it and if the vandal is ever caught in the act they can go back through the files and lay extra charges on him if other examples of his work are in the books.

This is another example of the importance of police communication among municipalities because these taggers often cross borders.

#4 North Shore

North Shore
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Two words: Tar. Feathers.

That'd fix the little fackers!
Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?

#5 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,724 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Two words: Tar. Feathers...

It seemed to work on American Horror Story:Freakshow last week.

#6 GabriolaGirl

GabriolaGirl
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

Westsong walkway is one of our favourite walks when we come to Victoria.  I'm not surprised though, as we've been harassed & yelled at by groups of teens along there & not late at night, 8ish pm.  Closer to Westbay than down where those pics are taken.   Shameful really that some don't appreciate the beautiful spot that they live. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users