District of Saanich - Mayor and council general discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1208 replies to this topic

#721 Bernard

Bernard
  • 5,056 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:47 AM

Some incredibly perceptive VVer once observed that every time Atwell opens his mouth, he says something that suggests he's not ready for prime time. I think it was me.

If it was not you, it was likely me.    I told him before he decided to run for mayor that I did not think he was ready for the role and needed at least one term on council.

and, I am certain there are more shoes that will drop in the next bit

#722 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:19 AM

If it was not you, it was likely me.    I told him before he decided to run for mayor that I did not think he was ready for the role and needed at least one term on council.

It has been almost a year and a half since the election and the 'scuffle' at Cynthia Carlsen's house and it has taken this long to get a small claims court action initiated? I don't care enough to invest the $12 to read the small claims court filing but it certainly sounds like the relationship between the two did not end on the night in December when the police were called.

I feel badly for Atwell's wife. Even if nothing ever happened between Carlsen and Atwell the whole sordid mess keeps getting replayed.

#723 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:57 AM

What do you mean even if nothing happened? He admitted he was having an affair. Everyone knows it was with her.

#724 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:02 PM

What do you mean even if nothing happened? He admitted he was having an affair. Everyone knows it was with her.

I was being polite.

• Bernard, Sparky and nagel like this

#725 LJ

LJ
  • 12,728 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 07:48 PM

spanky123, on 14 May 2016 - 2:02 PM, said:

I was being polite.

Sorry, that is not allowed here. :1954_dancing:

• Bernard likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#726 Jill

Jill
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 03:02 AM

He's the Imelda Marcos of municipal politicians!

• johnk likes this

#727 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:57 AM

One closet full of shoes and another full of skeletons.
  • Wally likes this

#728 Wally

Wally
  • 162 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 07:28 PM

I was thinking that this was playing out like the movie fatal attraction.

#729 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,665 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:16 AM

What's this? Comrade Isitt suggesting the market should decide how many pedicabs can successfully operate in the city. Is this backwards day?

...Isitt argued council should remove the restriction on numbers and allow the market to decide. “We’re basically artificially restricting entrepreneurship and we’re restricting choice for visitors and members of the public,” Isitt said...

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.y2LgW2Jb.dpuf

#730 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:45 AM

What's this? Comrade Isitt suggesting the market should decide how many pedicabs can successfully operate in the city. Is this backwards day?

Perhaps.

Or Loveday and Isitt have plans to get into the Kabuki Kab business.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#731 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:50 AM

Why is this in the Saanich thread?

• Jill, nagel and vicstargazer like this

#732 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:21 AM

Great question, Super Duper Moderator.

#733 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,140 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

IKR, that's why they pay me in "Duper Dollars".
  • Bernard likes this

#734 Greg

Greg
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

He perceives pedicabs as a space where the proletariat owns the means of production. If I issued a bogus press release tomorrow indicating that some large corporate entity was about to make a big splash in the local pedicab business because they saw a tremendous opportunity for profit, and planned to hire a number of minimum wage workers to pedal them, how long do you think it would be before he reversed this position?

/how did this end up in this thread?

• rjag and nagel like this

#735 SusanJones

SusanJones
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:22 AM

Mayor of Saanich Richard Atwell wins amongst the recent polling completed by the Times Colonist (Nov. 14/15, 2016)

http://www.timescolo...worse-1.2845648

Attached Images

• highesmay1.jpg

#736 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:31 AM

Have your say over a coffee chat.

“Public input and participation is valued and needed,” Mayor Richard Atwell said in a recent statement, so council can hear “the community’s views on how we can further optimize our governance approach and processes.”

Coffee chats, focus groups and community meetings will be held until the end of May with written submissions to saanichgovernancereview@shaw.ca open until May 31.

An online survey will be available March 1 to May 31.

There will be four public meetings:

• April 12 — 7-9 p.m., Cedar Hill Golf Course clubhouse

• April 22 — 1-3 p.m., Gordon Head Recreation Centre

• May 6 at a location to be announced

• May 17 — 7-9 p.m., Saanich Commonwealth Place

For more information, go to saanich.ca/governancereview.

#737 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,001 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:50 AM

Mayor of Saanich Richard Atwell wins amongst the recent polling completed by the Times Colonist (Nov. 14/15, 2016)

http://www.timescolo...worse-1.2845648

When Atwell focuses on the issues that got him elected (ie sewage treatment) and leaves the governance to the CAO then he does a lot better.

• Bingo likes this

#738 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:29 AM

Vic Derman has died.

I forget what the rules are for by-election.  I think 18 months out from general, you must have one?  Inside 18 months it's up to council?

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#739 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,455 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

Oh oh. Was it sudden? Any further info?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#740 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

Oh oh. Was it sudden? Any further info?

http://www.timescolo...t-72-1.12211353

Friends said the 72-year-old had been fighting a nasty cold for a couple of weeks.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users