Citified.ca

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

We've been working on a new resource over the past year called Citified. Since 2006 VibrantVictoria has been comprised of a discussion forum, construction-related articles and the major construction projects list. Citified will be separating out the articles and construction data into a formal resource with a significantly higher volume of data on projects throughout the capital region together with articles.

We expect to be up and running by the spring of this year. At that time, VibrantVictoria will become a standalone forum. The two websites will, however, operate hand-in-hand as far as construction information and linking of materials are concerned, much like what we do now with the major construction projects list.

Although we haven't pushed social media quite yet, find us on Facebook at http://www.facebook....itifiedvictoria and on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/citifiedyyj

Citified-logo.jpg

• Nparker and Mr Cook Street like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:20 PM

Nice! congrats guys. I like to see your organic growth! 

#3 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:21 PM

Much appreciated, thank you. Slow and steady :)

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:05 PM

Much appreciated, thank you. Slow and steady :)

I like that you are trying to expand into something new.

I don't quite understand the concept at this point.

Can I compare this to having two threads discussing similar topics or projects,

just like when we all get off topic from time to time,

except now it will happen on separate websites?

#5 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

Citified is a construction resource that can be thought of as a database of construction activity and a construction-related media outlet that is geared towards consumers and real-estate professionals. Citified will list VV threads as the comments on project entries while VV project threads will refer to Citified data in the header. There will not be any functional overlap between the two sites (nothing on VV's forum will change). Long story short, VV will remain a forum, Citified will become a database of construction projects.

We'll have lots more to show in the coming weeks, including the opportunity for VV'ers to preview the site before it goes live.
  • Nparker, Sparky and Bingo like this

Know it all.

#6 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:06 PM

Say hello to the Citified Sonic! She'll be helping out with collecting data for Victoria's most comprehensive new-build home and commercial real-estate resource.

Citified-Twitter-Header.jpg

• sebberry, Mixed365 and D.L. like this

Know it all.

#7 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:24 PM

What's her name?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#8 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:20 PM

What's her name?

SoniCa

• sebberry likes this

#9 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:27 PM

^ Good one.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Citified is coming this week!

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#11 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 09:38 PM

Citified is coming this week!

Looking forward to the advanced preview for VV'ers.

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 05:28 PM

Citified is live! --> http://www.citified.ca

And check out a promotional video for Citified Plus for Developers, a marketing platform for the development industry through Citified.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBzkcrL-Rgc

• sebberry likes this

Know it all.

#13 LocalMom

LocalMom
  • 470 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:54 AM

Great site and resource.

Question re: a development's 'page' - is there a reason a link to their own web site isn't listed - or is that only for developers that pay you for Citified Plus?

#14 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 07:01 AM

Great promo Mike.

• Mike K. likes this

#15 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:58 AM

Great site and resource.

Question re: a development's 'page' - is there a reason a link to their own web site isn't listed - or is that only for developers that pay you for Citified Plus?

Glad you like it.

And yes that is correct. With Citified Plus a project profile has approximately 30 additional pieces of data including a direct link to the project's website and social media links.

Know it all.

#16 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 12:24 PM

I just wanted to say nice branding and design on Citified. I especially like the tag line. Well crafted.... Who did the work? 

#17 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 01:09 PM

Thanks, Dasmo. The branding was done by Anonymous Advertising. They do great work.

Know it all.

#18 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,239 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

They do. Some good quality stuff there. 

#19 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:16 AM

I'll be on CFAX at 10:30AM to talk development with Pamela McCall. Tune in at http://player.cfax1070.com/

• sebberry likes this

Know it all.

#20 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,409 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'll be on CFAX at 10:30AM to talk development with Pamela McCall. Tune in at http://player.cfax1070.com/

Make a plug for the St. Andrew's development please.  :D

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users