Photo

Federal Budget

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 LJ

LJ
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:52 PM

^Oh pish posh, budgets balance themselves, you don't need a plan.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#42 phx

phx
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:07 PM

I'm shocked at how quickly the economy has deteriorated since Trudeau assumed office.

I'm shocked at how much the economy has deteriorated since Trudeau assumed office.

• Wayne likes this

#43 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

^ that's the thing. It hasn't. Not really. It has slowed a little. But for all the spending in the past year, it hasn't picked up. Perhaps it will yet, that's the forecast anyways. It's bizarre that the Liberals are looking to add 3 times what Harper added to the debt, when the economy is growing. WTF for???

• jonny likes this

#44 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:10 AM

^ The thing is that the Libs haven't really even started the infrastucture spending they promised yet.

On a related note, Morneau stated this morning that the elimination of more tax credits (children's fitness and art credit was eliminated last year) is likely coming.

• jonny likes this

#45 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 03 November 2016 - 09:42 AM

^ The thing is that the Libs haven't really even started the infrastucture spending they promised yet.

On a related note, Morneau stated this morning that the elimination of more tax credits (children's fitness and art credit was eliminated last year) is likely coming.

Looking through the list of federal tax credits, anything they target without compensating somehow will be very unpopular. I don't see any low hanging fruit there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users