Photo

Poll: Richard Atwell controversy; plus bonus poll

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Your opinion on the Mayor Atwell controversy (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Where do you stand on the Mayor Richard Atwell controversy?

1. I'm with Atwell. He's definitely being unfairly targeted by sore losers (5 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. I'm with council. He's delusional. There's no conspiracy (10 votes [28.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

3. I'm torn. Yes, he's made dumb mistakes but he's being harassed (20 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

What do you think of the media coverage of the controversy?

1. Good. Lots of outlets covering the story from all angles (15 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. Terrible. The media aren't digging deep enough (17 votes [48.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.57%

3. Too much! Enough already with it (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

Which politician will be the most interesting to watch in 2015?

1. Richard Atwell (18 votes [51.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 51.43%

2. Frank Leonard (1 votes [2.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

3. Barb Dejardins (2 votes [5.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

4. Jeremy Loveday (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Ben Isitt (3 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

6. Lisa Helps (11 votes [31.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 31.43%

7. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 11:25 PM

Poll discussions only, Atwell discussions in the appropriate thread.

#2 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 06:13 AM

I'm not sure it'll happen in 2015, but the sewage situation will be big soon, unless one central site is chosen, in Victoria or on native lands.  So I have Barb Desjardins as the one to watch.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#3 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:32 AM

^Agreed. She may not be the most fun to watch but the power she wields make her a game changer.

What "Other" politicians will be worth watching on the municipal level?

The poll could have been even more nuanced. I think people are upset but still a little unsure about what's really going on. Unlike Rob Ford where everyone knew where they stood, love him or hate him.

#4 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:38 AM

Lisa Helps should be there. Why is frank Leonard there?

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:40 AM

Lisa Helps should be there. Why is frank Leonard there?

Well, some might presume a by-election in Saanich, and Frank running in it.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#6 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

D'oh! I forgot Lisa Helps! I meant to put her in. I put Leonard in because normally he's a Chatty Cathy on social media and I don't know how much longer he can keep himself bottled up before he explodes. He could be like 80s Pierre Trudeau, looming in the background.

#7 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

it would be interesting to do a new poll on Mr Atwell in light of the Focus articles to see if opinions have changed....

#8 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:16 PM

D'oh! I forgot Lisa Helps! I meant to put her in.

Fixed that for you.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#9 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

it would be interesting to do a new poll on Mr Atwell in light of the Focus articles to see if opinions have changed....

Not until I see the result of the police complaints.

Take a look on District of Saanich careers site, lots of IT postings, and that isn't all the vacant ones either!

• rjag and spanky123 like this

#10 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:37 PM

I see Helps already has eight votes but that's not fair because the year is already half over. She has been the most interesting politician so far this year in terms of the ideas she's bringing forth--stuff Fortin wouldn't have dared, like the tiny homeless houses.

I know Atwell's rating has gone up, both because of the definitive proof of spying and that he's doing other stuff than complaining about being harassed.
  • gumgum and rjag like this

#11 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:39 PM

Stew Young could be on the interesting to watch list if he ends up doing something dramatic with the bikers' clubhouse and the westside sewage plan.

#12 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:05 PM

I like the idea of a new poll. Is it coming, or do we delete our former choice and vote again?

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:07 PM

Stew Young could be on the interesting to watch list if he ends up doing something dramatic with the bikers' clubhouse and the westside sewage plan.

And commuter rail. He's legitimately pissed the ICF couldn't deliver.

• AndrewReeve and 57WestHills like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 09:41 AM

Not until I see the result of the police complaints.

Take a look on District of Saanich careers site, lots of IT postings, and that isn't all the vacant ones either!

Atwell was on CFAX Tuesday and a caller asked about the police complaints. Atwell responded (paraphrased) that he felt that it touched too much on his personal life and that it took focus away from his duties and he hopes to get back to it at some point. Don't know whether that means he didn't file the complaints with the PCC after all or that he got a response he didn't like and didn't bother to follow up or what. Either way it sounds like he isn't going to address this any further.

Too bad as he has certainly cast an air of suspicion on the police and the IRSU who at least deserve some resolution to his accusations.

Edited by spanky123, 13 June 2015 - 09:42 AM.

• 57WestHills likes this

#15 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:34 PM

Or perhaps a complaint would end up airing even more dirty laundry about himself than he'd like.

• pherthyl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users