Photo

2017 BC General Election + subsequent fallout

• Please log in to reply
2503 replies to this topic

#61 RFS

RFS
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:46 PM

Our provincial political options truly suck. Its either bad or worse.
What are the odds a new party could appear and actually have a chance?
Sort of like what happened with the wild rose party. (Not politically speaking of course)
  • 57WestHills likes this

#62 Bernard

Bernard
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:56 PM

Our provincial political options truly suck. Its either bad or worse.
What are the odds a new party could appear and actually have a chance?
Sort of like what happened with the wild rose party. (Not politically speaking of course)

At this point it is too late in the timetable to pull something off unless someone can front $500,000+ to get the ball rolling

#63 RFS

RFS
  • 3,248 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:34 PM

I like todd stone though
  • Bernard likes this

#64 Bernard

Bernard
  • 4,241 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 30 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

I am trying to find good links to all the policy statements the NDP has made to get an idea of what an NDP government might do.    I have read through their press releases and private member bills, but i am looking for anything else out there

#65 rjag

rjag
  • 5,115 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:46 AM

Good article today by Bill Tieleman

The NDP needs to stop liking losing 

It’s as if losing is preferable to taking the steps need to win because good excuses are risk-free, as opposed to the scary alternative of upsetting the ideological and personnel apple cart to find a successful electoral approach.

And that’s why the NDP has consistently underperformed.

http://vancouver.24h...Q5FIgo.facebook

• Bingo and tedward like this

#66 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

Good article today by Bill Tieleman

It seems like bizarro world to me to see you say that.

#67 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

It was a good article.

I've voted red provincially since they let me vote.  I'm pretty sure my entire family has as well.  We're talking dozens of people.  Practically all of them, including myself, think the current government is seriously lacking, to say the least.  But the truth is there's nobody else to vote for.  I couldn't tell you a single thing about the NDP, other than John Horgan has a grey/white goatee.  They are absolutely hopeless at getting their message out there.

• rjag likes this

#68 rjag

rjag
  • 5,115 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:25 AM

It seems like bizarro world to me to see you say that.

Interesting that you say that!

I have always thought they have made an effective opposition Provincially and less so federally. The problem I see is they have lost their way and are no longer the party of the common man....the worker. They are more ideologues and environmentalist and have lost their union roots.  

Municipally its like NDP kindergarten in the CRD and look how that's working out.... ;-)

• Mike K. and John M. like this

#69 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:55 AM

Does anybody know when we might see the Esquimalt Royal Roads NDP nomination meeting?  To replace Maureen Karigianis?  I'm curious to see who's going to go for that.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#70 SusanJones

SusanJones
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 12:17 PM

:thumbsup:

#71 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 319 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:35 AM

Does anybody know when we might see the Esquimalt Royal Roads NDP nomination meeting?  To replace Maureen Karigianis?  I'm curious to see who's going to go for that.

I've heard of incumbent councillors from Esquimalt interested in the nomination.

#72 LJ

LJ
  • 8,983 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

In Les Leyne's column in the paper today he was talking about the NDP nomination process in Columbia/Revelstoke.

To be nominated the NDP have a list of disabilities/minorities you can tick off to give yourself extra points or whatever in the process.

In this district the woman, could obviously tick off "female" but she thought she had a lock on because she was in wheelchair as well.

The male candidate won the day despite being male and living with a female, because he self identified as bisexual.

With these wacko's in opposition Christie's job should be hers as long as she wants it.

http://www.timescolo...bsurd-1.2369157

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#73 SusanJones

SusanJones
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:02 AM

See news.yyjchat.ca Andrew Weaver calls for resignation of BC Minister of Environment 

Edited by SusanJones, 27 October 2016 - 11:02 AM.

#74 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 666 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 11:14 AM

Provincially, I'm at a loss.  I'll vote, likely based on who I see being a solid representative for my riding regardless of political stripe (might even, GASP go green).  I'm disliking the current state of affairs, but uncertain that an Orange Crush would be better.  I want compassionate conservatism that effectively sees its role as enabling a strong economy - a holistic hand-up approach, rather than a hand-outs one. 

I fear both the orange and the red of the now - one for perhaps being a bit too kind (enablers of destruction) and the other for being a bit too cruel (a bit of heart would be a good thing).  A change would likely do the province some good at any rate...

• Nparker, rjag, jonny and 2 others like this

#75 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:10 PM

Premier announces Vancouver Island-specific 2017 platform - Comox Valley Echo

Time to announce the bypass highway.  It protects and enhances the Goldstream estuary and salmon run.

And the 12km new highway is financed almost entirely by real estate sales for three subdivisions over the length of the new highway.  Oh, and these are not any old subdivisions.  They are built with innovative wood products produced on the Island and they will showcase alternative energy designs produced by BC companies.  Every home will use only 20% of the energy of a traditional home design.

screenshot-www.google.ca 2016-10-27 16-12-25.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#76 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 06:50 PM

There is also the tunnel under Saanich Inlet that was chosen as the least expensive option. There will be four lanes of traffic (undivided) with one lane dedicated to rail traffic.

The entire project will be financed by capturing and selling the methane produced by the new cow gas facility in Metchosin, upwind of Victoria.

See the route on the map. 

post-5-0-42721800-1477610403.jpg

#77 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 49,282 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:00 PM

Puts Kicking Horse to shame.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#78 lanforod

lanforod
  • 7,138 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:12 PM

That's gotta all be just phase 1. Phase 2 is a fixed link to the mainland.

#79 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 06:28 AM

I didn't realize we renamed this the bad idea thread but carry on.

• tedward and Awaiting Juno like this

#80 Awaiting Juno

Awaiting Juno
  • 666 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:36 AM

General election 2017: It's just a bad idea.

• Nparker and http like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users