Photo

2017 BC General Election + subsequent fallout

• Please log in to reply
2617 replies to this topic

#81 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:45 PM

Yukon NDP promise "something, something, environment" and "something, something social justice"

http://www.cbc.ca/be...thing-1.3823338

#82 johnk

johnk
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:15 PM

I noticed a little flurry of grants doled out the other day. There will be more.

#83 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

So someone called Mitzi Dean has taken the nomination for Esqumalt-Metchosin for the NDP.  Maureen Karigianas' replacement.

Just another social service person, living off the taxpayer.

http://www.cra-arc.g...ICESASSOCIATION

Her organization does not even attempt to raise their own funds.

screenshot-www.cra-arc.gc.ca 2016-11-14 16-14-31.png

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#84 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

There is only one Mitzi I would vote for, and I dont think this is her. (right Sparky)

• VicHockeyFan likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#85 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:38 PM

There is only one Mitzi I would vote for, and I dont think this is her. (right Sparky)

1980s era Vancouver (stage name?) Mitzie? I remember her well.

• LJ and AllseeingEye like this

#86 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:49 AM

Just another social service person, living off the taxpayer.

LOL, on behalf of all of us who "live off the taxpayer" by, you know, being employed to provide public services, you're welcome.

And looking at the charts I am pleased to see that administration is only 8%. Clearly without having to waste money on fundraising they are making efficient use of that taxpayer money.

• Lover Fighter, Nparker and John M. like this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#87 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:35 PM

just got off the phone with Leger Survey about the upcoming Provincial Election and one of the questions was

"would I vote for Nils Jensen NDP Candidate for Oak Bay/Gordonhead?"

I challenged him with that question and he said he was working with data supplied by the various parties. A few questions later the question

"would you consider Nils Jensen with a career as a public Prosecutor and past Mayor of Oak Bay would serve the constituents of OB/Gordonhead well?"

I wonder if Nils knows he's running for MLA?

#88 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

just got off the phone with Leger Survey about the upcoming Provincial Election and one of the questions was

"would I vote for Nils Jensen NDP Candidate for Oak Bay/Gordonhead?"

I challenged him with that question and he said he was working with data supplied by the various parties. A few questions later the question

"would you consider Nils Jensen with a career as a public Prosecutor and past Mayor of Oak Bay would serve the constituents of OB/Gordonhead well?"

I wonder if Nils knows he's running for MLA?

I doubt that. Nils connections to the provincial NDP have been tenuous since moves were made to push him out following the 2003 leadership election, when he ran against Carole James on a platform of moving the party to the centre. The lefties have hated his guts since. Nils also (from what I understand) has a fairly good relationship with Andrew Weaver, and has also had (once again, from what I understand) increased connections to the Federal Liberals.

#89 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:36 PM

I doubt that. Nils connections to the provincial NDP have been tenuous since moves were made to push him out following the 2003 leadership election, when he ran against Carole James on a platform of moving the party to the centre. The lefties have hated his guts since. Nils also (from what I understand) has a fairly good relationship with Andrew Weaver, and has also had (once again, from what I understand) increased connections to the Federal Liberals.

Agreed, yet I wasnt the only one to receive this phone call. And it was very explicit in asking if I considered his career as a prosecutor and past OB Mayor to be of value 

Judy Fainstein I received the survey call and I asked if the NDP candidate was confirmed and I was told "yes"

Chris Ash I just got off the phone with this 'survey' as well. Seems the trolls are hoping the current mayor of oak bay gives up his seat for loftier sights. Wow. Certainly goes against what he ran two years ago. Wow.. political expedience above all.

#90 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

From what I understand the NDP are having a hell of a time finding a candidate in OBGH, while the Liberals already have someone lined up.

• rjag likes this

#91 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:43 PM

From what I understand the NDP are having a hell of a time finding a candidate in OBGH, while the Liberals already have someone lined up.

Yup, I hope he runs because he would be destroyed by Weaver but at least he would have had to resign as Mayor as well.....just saying I'm not a fan!!!

#92 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

Maybe he is running for the provincial Liberals?

• rjag likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#93 John M.

John M.

John M.

• 414 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:49 PM

Maybe he is running for the provincial Liberals?

I highly doubt that. He recently had a very public spat with Andrew Wilkinson over university endowment land rents. Also, he's definitely on the lefty-side of the spectrum.

#94 nerka

nerka
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ssman-1.3896141

I wasn't aware that the NDP are actually leading marginally in polls. At this point if I was a betting man I'd still put my money on the Liberals.

#95 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

Alex Dutton is the Liberal candidate.

https://www.facebook...AlexDutton2017/

15178201_1129016567219767_79804591784334

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#96 RFS

RFS
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 11:47 AM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ssman-1.3896141

I wasn't aware that the NDP are actually leading marginally in polls. At this point if I was a betting man I'd still put my money on the Liberals.

if the NDP were smart they would hammer relentlessly on MSP and traffic congestion. something like "make healthcare affordable and get people moving" and regular folks who don't know any better would vote for them.
instead they will probably whine about pipelines and site C

Edited by RFS, 15 December 2016 - 11:48 AM.

#97 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

If the Liberals were smart, they'd roll the MSP into income tax now.

• jonny and thundergun like this

#98 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,733 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

If the Liberals were smart, they'd roll the MSP into income tax now.

I suspect that will be announced closer to the election; probably with the February 2017 budget announcement.

#99 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:11 PM

The interesting thing for the NDP is that the unions will be in favour of pipelines and Site C.

I should clarify that blue collar unions will be in favour.

Edited by jonny, 15 December 2016 - 12:13 PM.

#100 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:12 PM

instead they will probably whine about pipelines and site C

Probably.  I wonder what the true level of opposition is to Site C.  The approval of WAC Bennett power projects is probably 95%, I mean 95% of people are proud of that vision.  A smart politician can use that to make Site C look good.

• Bingo and jonny like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users