Photo

Coffee/tea | General discussion on cafes in Victoria and coffee-related topics

• Please log in to reply
1142 replies to this topic

#981 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 04:09 PM

Personally, I'm really not a fan of Serious Coffee. I usually drink mochas and their mochas aren't very good. Unfortunately for me, they're the only place open before 7AM in the Downtown area since the start of the pandemic, so I have to suck it up and get my mocha there. I also think they need to update their branding. Their coffee shops are really dated, including their logo. Very 90s "cybercafe" vibes.

• Szeven likes this

#982 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 07:29 PM

^yup, totally.

And somehow I just don’t think the Sooke location still for sale at $345,000 is going to solicit a buyer. What exactly are you buying?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#983 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,023 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 11:16 PM

About $25k worth of used equipment and 10k of inventory.

Matt.
  • Mike K. and todd like this

#984 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:49 AM

Personally, I'm really not a fan of Serious Coffee. I usually drink mochas and their mochas aren't very good. Unfortunately for me, they're the only place open before 7AM in the Downtown area since the start of the pandemic, so I have to suck it up and get my mocha there. I also think they need to update their branding. Their coffee shops are really dated, including their logo. Very 90s "cybercafe" vibes.

Heh - I don't care about the branding etc. as long as the coffee's good (it is) and there's a place to sit at a table where I can pull out some paper and do some writing while I drink said coffee.

• Nparker and grantpalin like this

#985 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:47 PM

If that!

About $25k worth of used equipment and 10k of inventory.

Matt.

• Matt R. likes this

#986 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 8,023 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 06:51 PM

If that!

Hmm yes you are right. The inventory is probably extra. :)

Matt.
  • todd likes this

#987 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 11:36 AM

Apologies if this is a re-post. 

Flourish BeauTea cafe has opened on Fort Street across from Bay Centre in what appears to be the former Papery space (or one close to it).

#988 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 05:43 PM

That opened many months ago.

#989 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 07:13 PM

It did? Wow I had not noticed. I guess it’s a bit of a nook, that space.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#990 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 13 March 2021 - 07:34 PM

Their social media shows a grand opening date of October 15, but I truly only noticed them recently... and I’m downtown every week ...

#991 FogPub

FogPub
  • 981 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 14 March 2021 - 12:26 AM

Their social media shows a grand opening date of October 15, but I truly only noticed them recently... and I’m downtown every week ...

Is their coffee any good?

#992 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:34 AM

Good Earth Coffeehouse is looking to expand following closures of Starbucks locations across Canada.

In a release, the Calgary-based chain said it plans on acquiring locations across the country that were “abandoned” by the Seattle-based coffee giant.

https://dailyhive.co...losed-starbucks

Good Earth currently has three local outlets: Jubilee Hospital, Uptown and Capital Park.

#993 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,509 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 06:38 AM

There is also the location perennially for sale on Oak Bay at Foul Bay.

Know it all.

#994 Kapten Kapsell

Kapten Kapsell
  • 3,539 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:14 AM

There is also the location perennially for sale on Oak Bay at Foul Bay.

Has it been mentioned that the Jusu juice bar in the same building has permanently closed ...?

#995 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,711 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 09:18 AM

Has it been mentioned that the Jusu juice bar in the same building has permanently closed ...?

It has now.  ;)

#996 gstc84

gstc84
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:00 AM

Is Jusu just permanently dead? Their location in the Union building on Fisgard has been shut down since last summer (letter on the door saying locks were changed after they didn't pay rent) and I noticed last week their location in the Atrium is also gone. I guess no one wants to pay $14 for 500 mL of juice in a pandemic...

#997 aastra

aastra
  • 20,742 posts

Posted 17 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

It's actually healthier to abstain from nutrition, exercise, fresh air and sunlight. People are finally getting the message that governments and big corporations have been trying to pound into us for the past 100 years.

• Nparker likes this

#998 Dexter

Dexter
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 March 2021 - 05:51 PM

I can’t figure Jusu out. They walked in their leases and left all their movable assets behind. I’m talking $1000’s in equipment. Spend a million setting the business up and 3 years later walk out on the losses.

It has now. ;)

#999 sukika

sukika
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 11:17 AM

Is Jusu just permanently dead? Their location in the Union building on Fisgard has been shut down since last summer (letter on the door saying locks were changed after they didn't pay rent) and I noticed last week their location in the Atrium is also gone. I guess no one wants to pay $14 for 500 mL of juice in a pandemic...

Their store in Cadboro Bay, near Gyro Park is still open.  

#1000 qv

qv
  • 297 posts

Posted 22 March 2021 - 05:15 PM

Speaking of Cadboro Bay, anybody know which coffee place is going into the Starbucks site?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users