BUILT
Encore
Uses: condo, townhome
Address: Sitkum Road at Saghalie Road
Municipality: Victoria
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 17
Condo units: (studio/bachelor, 1BR, 2BR, 3BR, penthouse)
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Encore at Bayview Place is a 17-storey, 134 unit condo in the Saghalie District of Bayview Place, a multi-phas... (view full profile)
Learn more about Encore on Citified.ca
Photo

[Vic West] Encore at Bayview Place | Condos | 17-storeys; 56 meters | Under construction

• Please log in to reply
1107 replies to this topic

#961 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

The Sovereign would be the most direct comparison albeit with newer with more modern amenities, and Shoal Point would be a straight comparison in terms of views, if not further ahead in that regard (but Shoal Point's interiors are still late 90's sheik with some early 00's influences thrown in). But as you say, interior renos can change that up right quick.

I've always wanted the Sovereign to wow me but it just doesn't. Low ceilings (8'6''), small bathrooms, small balconies, limited privacy from neighbouring buildings, etc. 

That being said once again compared to pre-sales very reasonably priced. Three units on MLS right now between $706 and $788 per square foot.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#962 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 11:16 AM

At the Sov? Interesting.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#963 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:03 PM

Drove by this morning and half the tower is still missing balcony railings. I am not sure if a building can receive occupancy missing railings?

no

If I was a developer personally I would pretty much build as cheap as I could get away with. Any quality upgrades you do like solid core interior doors, for example, you might as well take the cash difference in cost and set it on fire. 

I've viewed a lot of owner built homes and even helped out a few friends with renovation and my experience generally speaking owner builders are cheap.  Not everyone as I owner built my home

I was helping out my ex gf once and doing some budgeting for her.  She took one look at the budget based on what she was telling me she was expecting and I got the "not in this world" look.  Then I got shown the flyers from Home Depot and Lowes where she was picking out the flooring, lighting, plumbing fixtures, etc and I just hung my head

I've been to homes and I see fugly head pump units hanging on the walls, an asphalt driveway, cheap plumbing and electrical fixtures and the owner, a friend of mine, is telling me this is an executive home worth $2.5 million with no expense spared

Most people have no clue what quality is.  They see a hardwood floor and go wow not realizing its cheap laminate and will be garbage as soon as the cat/dog does their business, etc

I could talk about this forever, but you get the idea

#964 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

Well this is interesting. We think we'll find our 2 bedroom condo in the Encore too small at 1150 sq ft, roughly. In any case, the master bedroom is definitely too small. No real space on either side of our king bed. Who wants that? With the information you just provided, perhaps we'll look at the 2 bedrooms in the Bayview in the future, especially if the units there are selling at a discount. Do you know if any 2 bedrooms in the Bayview are for sale right now?

If you don't need a water view tis is the best one IMO

https://www.realtor....ctoria-songhees

#965 songheesguy

songheesguy
  • 144 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

I've seen some great simple modernizations at the Bayview. Check out this kitchen counter upgrade -

https://www.usedvict...position=2&hb=3

Wow I have to admit I didn't think a Bayview unit could look that good or modern! I need those counters in mine! Time for a reno 

#966 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:31 PM

If you don't need a water view tis is the best one IMO

https://www.realtor....ctoria-songhees

If you round up 12x17' bedroom!

• songheesguy likes this

#967 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,241 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 November 2018 - 09:15 PM

If you round up 12x17' bedroom!

Uh no. Look at the floor plan. They measured that very liberally. It's not even the master.

#968 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:18 PM

Photos from Friday, Nov 23rd

Attached Images

• DSCF0455.JPG
  • DSCF0456.JPG
  • DSCF0460.JPG
  • DSCF0461.JPG
  • DSCF0463.JPG
  • DSCF0464.JPG
  • DSCF0468.JPG
  • DSCF0469.JPG
  • DSCF0471.JPG
  • DSCF0473.JPG
  • DSCF0475.JPG

• Bell bottoms likes this

#969 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:21 PM

no

I've viewed a lot of owner built homes and even helped out a few friends with renovation and my experience generally speaking owner builders are cheap.  Not everyone as I owner built my home

I was helping out my ex gf once and doing some budgeting for her.  She took one look at the budget based on what she was telling me she was expecting and I got the "not in this world" look.  Then I got shown the flyers from Home Depot and Lowes where she was picking out the flooring, lighting, plumbing fixtures, etc and I just hung my head

I've been to homes and I see fugly head pump units hanging on the walls, an asphalt driveway, cheap plumbing and electrical fixtures and the owner, a friend of mine, is telling me this is an executive home worth $2.5 million with no expense spared

Most people have no clue what quality is.  They see a hardwood floor and go wow not realizing its cheap laminate and will be garbage as soon as the cat/dog does their business, etc

I could talk about this forever, but you get the idea

I have heard that laminate flooring is actually a bit more resistant to dog claws than wood flooring. I know our antique maple wood flooring got scratched badly by our dog, and gravel from driveway, before we got the driveway asphalted. 

#970 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,410 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:22 PM

This facade on the short building gives off an unfortunate hospital vibe.  :(

backside.jpg

• songheesguy likes this

#971 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 02:23 PM

Thanks for posting such a great group of up to date pictures of the Encore complex. Really appreciate it. 

#972 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

I have heard that laminate flooring is actually a bit more resistant to dog claws than wood flooring. I know our antique maple wood flooring got scratched badly by our dog, and gravel from driveway, before we got the driveway asphalted.

Yup. Laminate tends to hold up better with dogs, at least in my experience.
  • songheesguy and Brownhorsey123 like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#973 shoeflack

shoeflack
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:31 PM

Yup. Laminate tends to hold up better with dogs, at least in my experience.

We put in wood-effect vinyl click flooring when we reno'd our condo. We have two large dogs and almost two years later the floors still look no different than when we installed them. I'd argue it's even better than laminate for pets. Great spill resistance as well for any messes.

• Mike K. and Matt R. like this

#974 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:53 PM

attachicon.gifbackside.jpg

Thanks for posting. Are these forms for pouring concrete?? That is our building and our side. At least we have a south exposure and an ocean view.

• songheesguy likes this

#975 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:55 PM

Thanks for posting. Are these forms for pouring concrete?? That is our building and our side. At least we have a south exposure and an ocean view.

Where is the entrance(s) to the parkade in all these pictures?

#976 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

attachicon.gifbackside.jpg

Where is the entrance to the parkade. I've not noticed it in any of the pictures

Where is the entrance to the parkade located?

#977 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 04:00 PM

No porta potties to be seen any more. Does this mean they are almost done??

#978 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:13 PM

No porta potties to be seen any more. Does this mean they are almost done??

No not necessarily, they could be using the ones in the condos.  :)

#979 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:19 PM

The building is going for partial occupancy for the parkade,  the "amenity building" and townhouses while the tower is finished up.  

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#980 Brownhorsey123

Brownhorsey123
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 05:40 PM

The building is going for partial occupancy for the parkade,  the "amenity building" and townhouses while the tower is finished up.  

Yes. But when will the partial occupancy be? Tower looks like it has a way to go to be finished. April 30, 2019 is outside completion date, right?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users