BUILT
Parkview at the Gorge Waterway
Use: townhome
Address: 1060 Tillicum Road
Municipality: Esquimalt
Region: Urban core
Sales status: sold out / resales only
Parkview at the Gorge Waterway is a 10 unit townhome development backing onto Esquimalt's Gorge Kinsmen Park a... (view full profile)
Learn more about Parkview at the Gorge Waterway on Citified.ca
Photo

[Esquimalt] Parkview at the Gorge Waterway | 10 townhomes | Completed - built in 2015

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

http://www.largeandc...perty/parkview/

1060 Tillicum, right across from the Gorge Pub.

44m8.jpg

I was talking to the Realtor here.  He says that Fortis did a study of this specific project and based on today's rates, the project would use about $1625 per year in electricity (per unit) if they had done electric baseboard heating, electric stoves, dryers and electric hot water.

Instead they are doing gas stoves, gas fired in-floor radiant heating, on demand gas water heaters, gas dryers, and gas cooking stove.  And Fortis says that'll average a little over $700/yr. 

It's also the first project in all of Canada to have electric car chargers in the garage of every single unit.

On MLS:    http://www.realtor.c...ertyId=15124901

The units that front onto Tillicum have triple-pane windows designed for sound (traffic noise) abatement.

44o.png

• Mixed365 likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,394 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Edit: The site as it looked before construction:

Capture.JPG

Edited by Nparker, 11 March 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#3 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 12:15 PM

^ Oh it looks different than that now.  It's 50% or more built.  Summer completion.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#4 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:10 PM

I guess they are the developer who built the Datatech building on Mckenzie and Borden?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#5 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

Ya maybe. They own Country Grocer, Liquor Plus etc.

#6 Mixed365

Mixed365
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:24 PM

Ya maybe. They own Country Grocer, Liquor Plus etc.

The companies or the locations?

“To understand cities, we have to deal outright with combinations or mixtures of uses, not separate uses, as the essential phenomena.”
- Jane Jacobs 

#7 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

The companies or the locations?

Bit of both.  They own both the companies for sure.  They own the signature Liquor Plus and the hotel it's in, the Super 8 on Douglas.  They own the old Monday Mag building on Blanshard at Fisgard too.

• Mixed365 likes this

#8 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,233 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:25 AM

What is the name of the family/developer?

#9 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 07:30 AM

Large & Co.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#10 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Quite a lot of progress since the beginning of December.

March 24.

Parkview-at-the-Gorge-Waterway-March-24-2015.jpg

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#11 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 10:16 AM

Smart-car.jpg

Electric car promo drives interest in Gorge Park townhomes

http://victoria.citi...park-townhomes/

That's the gist of a promotion Victoria-based developer Large & Co. has on the table for its Parkview at the Gorge Waterway townhome development at Esquimalt's picturesque Gorge Park.

Parkview boasts one of the most unique features of any project in Canada, an electric car charger in every driveway, and Large & Co. is highlighting this forward-thinking amenity in arguably the most appropriate way between now and October 31, 2015.

"Parkview not only represents one of the best townhome values on the market, it gives a nod to the future with an electric car charger with every home. Including an electric car with a purchase of a townhome is a unique and tangible way of highlighting this feature," said developer Earl Large. [Full article]

Parkview-at-the-Gorge-Waterway-aerial.jpg

Know it all.

#12 kjcolpman

kjcolpman
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:04 PM

Hi there,

I am from Large & Co and have been reading through your posts. First off thanks for your positive feedback on ParkView development - it is completely done now and well worth a look!

In terms of what our company 'owns' - Large & Co. Developers are NOT owners of Liquor Plus, Country Grocer or the Super 8 Motel - these are owned by other 'Larges', although we are related :-). Large & Co Developers did construct and own the DataTech building at McKenzie but have since sold it. Our focus at Large & Co is strictly property development and we have been doing that for 50 years.We are working on lots of great other projects so check out our website and see as they come online !

Cheers

Kim Colpman

Director of Development

Large & Co. 

• Mike K., AllseeingEye, tedward and 1 other like this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 12:46 PM

Thanks for the update, Kim. It's much appreciated.

Know it all.

#14 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 03 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hi there,

I am from Large & Co and have been reading through your posts. First off thanks for your positive feedback on ParkView development - it is completely done now and well worth a look!

In terms of what our company 'owns' - Large & Co. Developers are NOT owners of Liquor Plus, Country Grocer or the Super 8 Motel - these are owned by other 'Larges', although we are related :-). Large & Co Developers did construct and own the DataTech building at McKenzie but have since sold it. Our focus at Large & Co is strictly property development and we have been doing that for 50 years.We are working on lots of great other projects so check out our website and see as they come online !

Cheers

Kim Colpman

Director of Development

Large & Co. 

Kim,

What's the story behind your two projects on Shelbourne?  One of the older homes you are working on right now is pretty much 99% new including trusses, etc.  How do the economics of moving the two old homes work; is it worth moving to save a few 2'x4's and some sheeting or is it some sort of deal that is made with the City of Victoria for rezoning purposes?  Just my personal curiosity.  Thanks.

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#15 kjcolpman

kjcolpman
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Hi Marko,

The intent is to retain as much of the original structure as possible - two reasons....less in the landfill and there is an economic upside. Sadly, the house you are referring to required a bit more removal of the original when we moved it down shelbourne (it came from haultain site) so that is more likely break even.

Kim

#16 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:43 PM

Large price adjustment on these units!

#17 mysage

mysage
  • 515 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:43 AM

Large price adjustment on these units!

Up or down?

#18 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:49 AM

Up or down?

Down

#19 Redd42

Redd42
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Down

Not at all surprised!

#20 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,164 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:28 AM

Yes, the adjustment was made in late December/early November with all units priced between $500k and $600k.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users