Photo

[Cowichan Valley] Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit / Resort

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#81 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:29 PM

2009 911 997 turbo 6 spd.  571 awhp on 91 octane.

I may trade up for a Targa 4 GTS in the coming months as I think they're extremely beautiful.

Attached Images

• 563498_10151945171130304_1469786687_n.jpg

• Mike K., rjag, jonny and 1 other like this

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#82 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 29 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

2009 911 997 turbo 6 spd.  571 awhp on 91 octane.

I may trade up for a Targa 4 GTS in the coming months as I think they're extremely beautiful.

How are the Turbos to maintain?  I was going to go on the waitlist for the GT4 but sounds like it might be a year or two.  Might look at a used manual Turbo next spring but don't know if I could afford to maintain it....

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#83 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 02:34 PM

How are the Turbos to maintain?  I was going to go on the waitlist for the GT4 but sounds like it might be a year or two.  Might look at a used manual Turbo next spring but don't know if I could afford to maintain it....

Beyond basic maintenance, It's needed front brake pads an 02 sensor and two headlight bulbs.  The most rock solid issue free car I've owned, well besides my old Lexus LS400.

You're definitely on the right page with the GT4, my wife and I had a track day with a Cayman S and it was absolutely incredible. 

#84 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

Crews laid down the first of three layers of asphalt in a one-day blitz this week at the new Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit in North Cowichan.

The job started at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and finished shortly after 6 p.m. the same day, said Peter Trzewik, spokesman for GAIN Vancouver Island’s Premier Auto Group. “The machines never stopped.”

A total of 3,500 tonnes of asphalt was put down on the 2.3-kilometre track designed for high-performance automobiles at 4063 Cowichan Valley Highway. It will eventually grow to 4.21 kilometres of track.

Duncan Paving and other crews from related OK Industries operations were on the job. SupErb Construction is the general contractor and Triple T Excavating is being used as well.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.BctcjaD4.dpuf

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#85 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,176 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:31 AM

The property will include an off-road component. I'm in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jjo6YWhOps

• Bingo likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#86 SimonH

SimonH
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:17 PM

I believe Audi North America have it for the next 3 weeks, launching the new R8 and RS7 Performance to journalists and dealers.

#87 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,176 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Wow.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#88 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:59 PM

Yup was talking with my Porsche guy today and Audi has it exclusively for the next month. If you drive up you can see all the R8's from the road. They also covered the clubhouse in the Audi red stripe and other colours

Edited by rjag, 08 April 2016 - 04:00 PM.

#89 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:34 AM

I believe Audi North America have it for the next 3 weeks, launching the new R8 and RS7 Performance to journalists and dealers.

see this is great for the profile of our island, the amount of international people who will be introduced to the south island for the first time via a venue such as this is worth it for the general public IMO.

• jonny likes this

#90 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:10 PM

This is bar none the best kind of traveller to bring in.
  • jonny likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#91 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,176 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:01 PM

Yup, for sure.

Know it all.

#92 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:05 PM

Like this at Port Renfrew...

Now, boaters can use it for 12 months. Marine gasoline and diesel fuel will be available.

Plans also call for a food truck, fish processing facility, an on-land vessel storage area, washrooms and helicopter pad.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.0hCW6zGx.dpuf

A guys that comes in by helicopter probably drops 5x or 8x what a person brings to town going to the Tall Tree Music Festival.

#93 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:59 AM

Yup was talking with my Porsche guy today and Audi has it exclusively for the next month. If you drive up you can see all the R8's from the road. They also covered the clubhouse in the Audi red stripe and other colours

You can see an R8 inside Westin Bear Mountain plus one outside and also one inside Victoria airport

#94 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 07:08 AM

Motoring mayhem at Vancouver Island’s circuit for the rich

Brian Harper flogs a bevy of sports cars at the new Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit, a club track with a $48,000 entry fee

DUNCAN, B.C. — It was a list to make any motor head weep with joy. A dozen of the quickest, most desirable sports cars and sedans lined up along the pit road, each and every one waiting to have the wheels driven off them — or at least given a good workout as defined by the abilities of the assembled.

The sampling included the Subaru BRZ and WRX, Alfa Romeo 4C, Porsche Cayman S and 911, BMW M3 and M6, Mercedes C63 AMG and AMG GT, Lotus Evora, Jaguar F-Type R and Audi S3. Plus, there was some vintage iron, a Ferrari 308 GTB, Porsche 911E Targa and a BMW 2002 tii.

Oh yeah, a guy by the name of Max Papis — he of Formula One, ChampCar and NASCAR fame — was hanging around the track, ready to show us how to get the most out of the cars.

#95 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:31 AM

Wow, looks great. Sadly I'll likely never see the inside of that place, but I'm glad it came together.

#96 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:34 AM

Asked my wife to buy me a membership, she told me to sell my car.

• Mike K., rjag and Danma like this

#97 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:49 AM

An R8 wiped on the track a few weeks back, too big and heavy for the current configuration, it's better set up for the Alfa 4c which is lighter and more tossable. Once the 2nd part of the track is developed then it's going to be a different story.

Also lots of folks throwing up, it's been compared to a very wild roller coaster!!!!

I'm hopefully driving it sometime in June so will let you know😊
  • Mike K. and VicHockeyFan like this

#98 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Also lots of folks throwing up, it's been compared to a very wild roller coaster!!!!

Oh, I could see that, as a passenger.  I doubt many drivers are throwing up.

#99 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,176 posts

Posted 06 May 2016 - 11:33 AM

When is the 4x4 track expected to open?

Know it all.

#100 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 06 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

An R8 wiped on the track a few weeks back, too big and heavy for the current configuration, it's better set up for the Alfa 4c which is lighter and more tossable. Once the 2nd part of the track is developed then it's going to be a different story.

I'm hopefully driving it sometime in June so will let you know

ustream it? :1954_dancing:

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users