223 replies to this topic

#1 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmQjhPMl674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEi5eGvcvZA

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#2 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:36 PM

Well that's embarrassing...

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#3 Szeven

Szeven
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:26 AM

That was hard to watch. NEXT!

#4 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:48 AM

I noticed May's Bill C-51 op-ed on the Green's site has been nixed. Not sure what the deal is there.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#5 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:12 AM

Yet another terribly named thread. Every time I see one of these names I take VV a little less seriously as a neutral place for discourse.

• gumgum, Nparker and Matt R. like this

#6 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:19 AM

Yet another terribly named thread. Every time I see one of these names I take VV a little less seriously as a neutral place for discourse.

Is anyone seriously suggesting she was not drunk? Seems to me that's her best excuse for what she did.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#7 Coreyburger

Coreyburger
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Is anyone seriously suggesting she was not drunk? Seems to me that's her best excuse for what she did.

She has not said she was drunk. So the thread title assumes something. (as would the "composting and its failure" thread, or a great deal of others). The discourse doesn't have to be neutral, but the thread title should be, after it all, it frames the debate.

• Jill and Mr Cook Street like this

#8 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:24 AM

Wait until the entire speech video comes out later today...

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:25 AM

Composting has remained in fail mode for 3 or 4 years.

Hey, anyone can start a thread, and title it as they please, it's not just us that start them.
  • rjag likes this

#10 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Ok, she's just said on CFAX that she was sleep deprived and had wine that was served at the dinner.  Mix the two and you might feel a bit woozy. 

She also said something about being ultra-respectful and polite and never attacks people personally.  Anyone remember her "debate" with Tim Ball on CFAX?

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#11 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Given what she just said on CFAX and the fact that she was trying to talk into her iphone at the same time she was speaking into the mic - she was drunk.

#12 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 May 2015 - 07:53 AM

She has not said she was drunk. So the thread title assumes something. (as would the "composting and its failure" thread, or a great deal of others). The discourse doesn't have to be neutral, but the thread title should be, after it all, it frames the debate.

Do you think she was compos mentis in that video and not inebriated to some extent? Seriously?

Perhaps we should have a failure thread.....Composting in its current form in the CRD is a failure.... just like politically engineered bike lanes on Pandora and Johnson and unenforceable 40k speed limits.....Water conservation measures are also a failure when they become a victim of over-conservation and the reward is increased rates.....IRSU is a failure when all they do is focus on the low hanging fruit....

• jonny likes this

#13 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,184 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

Well, we know now that she was drinking wine, but whether or not she was "drunk" is still an allegation. The decision is up to each individual to decide whether her behaviour was free of liquid courage or whether she had an extreme lapse in judgement and just started spouting off.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#14 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:08 AM

She couldn't have been thinking clearly.  She said she was coming down from the flu and was sleep deprived after travelling lots. 

I don't think she drank enough to be drunk, but adding in a couple glasses of wine could have pushed her over the edge. 

She may not get the credit she deserves, but outbursts like this don't help her cause.

#15 gumgum

gumgum
  • 7,069 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

^^so hence there should be a title change?

Edited by gumgum, 11 May 2015 - 08:12 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#16 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:37 AM

She couldn't have been thinking clearly.  She said she was coming down from the flu and was sleep deprived after travelling lots. 

I don't think she drank enough to be drunk, but adding in a couple glasses of wine could have pushed her over the edge. 

She may not get the credit she deserves, but outbursts like this don't help her cause.

Harper does not even go to this thing any more, it is a bit cringworthy, the whole darned thing.

Mark Steyn weighs in and give it a whole bunch of international attention.  Steyn is followed closely in the US (he regularly subs in on the most listened-to radio talk program in the US) and in the UK and Australia.

#17 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

Perhaps considering her remarks regarding Khadr she should claim she was drunk.....

#18 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:54 AM

Perhaps considering her remarks regarding Khadr she should claim she was drunk.....

That's what I suggested would be the best strategy.
  • Rob Randall and rjag like this

#19 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:56 AM

The concept of a normally respectful and buttoned-up Elizabeth May transforming into a ranting loudmouth had the potential to be comedy gold in the hands of a professional. But if foul-mouthed ranting doesn't come naturally to her, neither does standup comedy. That's why presidents like Obama always have seasoned writers create the comedy skits they do at these dinners.

Imagine May doing an Ezra Levant/Sun News-tabloid-style blowhard diatribe. It could have been funny if the 22 Minutes guys wrote it for her. It's a great opportunity for these guys to either play against their image or exaggerate it (eg: Trudeau's magnificent hair, Obama's "anger translator", Bill Clinton moping around in sweatpants, etc), Sometimes these gags awkwardly bomb, like Bush looking under potted plants for weapons of mass destruction.

It's too bad Harper skips them because I understand he is a genuinely funny guy. 

#20 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 11 May 2015 - 10:01 AM

CFAX news reporting May "wasn't drinking".  Strange, she admitted to having "some wine" that was at the table with dinner. 

Which is it?

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users