Elizabeth May | Green Party of Canada Leader

• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

#161 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:52 AM

Look, I’m not sure she’s a bully. Does she go off the deep here and there? Sounds like it.

When I was a kid and a gas jockey I had a boss that would yell sometimes. It wasn’t very pleasant but you made sure you did not do the same thing wrong again. He could have had much better boss skills. He could have trained you for more than 15 minutes before throwing you in, for example. He could have expressed his satisfaction with good work behaviours more often than he did.

But I’m not sure he was a bully.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 02 February 2018 - 08:52 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#162 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 08:53 AM

A bully is a bully.

Should the class watch Mean Girls to see what it’s like to be a young woman in our society?
  • VicHockeyFan and rjag like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#163 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:31 AM

anyway.....back to the topic....Should Ms May receive special treatment and a hall pass because she has different plumbing? Or is a bully simply a bully?

She's irrelevant, so how much time should we really spend on her?

Question though: Does workplace bullying hold the same weight or consequences as sexual misconduct?

I do think it is very bizarre that the Green Party would immediately jump to the lame defense that May is being unfairly targeted because she is a female? Jump straight to the gender card in this environment? Victim blaming? Roll out the ol' "outdated gender stereotypes" drivel. Really?

If a woman is a bullying jerkface, it's because she is a bullying jerkface - not because she is a woman and because people can't work under successful women.

• Old Esquimalt and Love the rock like this

#164 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:34 AM

Look, I’m not sure she’s a bully. Does she go off the deep here and there? Sounds like it.

When I was a kid and a gas jockey I had a boss that would yell sometimes. It wasn’t very pleasant but you made sure you did not do the same thing wrong again. He could have had much better boss skills. He could have trained you for more than 15 minutes before throwing you in, for example. He could have expressed his satisfaction with good work behaviours more often than he did.

But I’m not sure he was a bully.

In today's work environment, which includes things like the relatively new Worksafe BC bullying and harassment guidelines, a lot of the workplace behaviour that was "normal" in the 1980's when you worked at this gas station is not acceptable nowadays. 

Edited by jonny, 02 February 2018 - 09:52 AM.

• spanky123 likes this

#165 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:50 PM

She's done.

http://www.thestar.c...estigation.html

OTTAWA—Elizabeth May is asking Green party members to help cover the “new and unexpected” cost of a workplace bullying investigation into her own alleged behaviour — an investigation that she called for herself in the face of accusations from former staffers last week.

In an email to party members Monday, the longtime Green leader said the bullying accusations have cast “a shadow on our work,” and that she believed the party wouldn’t be credible again without an independent probe.

• rjag and jonny like this
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#166 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 06:54 PM

They need to fundraise just to fund one little probe?

#167 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:34 PM

Oh man, with an article title like this I don't think bluefox is far off:

"Elizabeth May asks for donations to pay for cost of bullying investigation"

• rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#168 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:53 PM

She'll always have her hardcore group of bearded old men wearing anoraks and bike helmets to help her out

• todd likes this

#169 bluefox

bluefox

ex-Victorian

• 697 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 09:09 PM

They need to fundraise just to fund one little probe?

No, Elizabeth needs to paint herself as the true victim.

• jonny likes this
(Not the owner of, nor am I associated with, the Blue Fox Café, in any way.)

#170 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:49 AM

No, Elizabeth needs to paint herself as the true victim.

Stalling tactic. She is hoping that by the time the probe is completed, everyone will have forgotten about it.

• rjag likes this

#171 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:28 AM

CBC, January 31st:

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ation-1.4508997

The investigation will be carried out by a third party under the leadership of Sheila Block of the Toronto-based law firm Torys LLP.

According to a statement from the party, the inquiry will take from two to four weeks, after which a report will be released to the public.

That sounds like we should expect something this week or next.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 19 February 2018 - 07:28 AM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#172 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:53 AM

https://www.hilltime...tigation/133560

Email exchange shows Green leader May involved in choosing lawyer for her own investigation

• bluefox likes this

#173 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 02:33 PM

When is the bullying report expected to be released?

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.

#174 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:41 PM

When is the bullying report expected to be released?

It was supposed to be 4 to 6 weeks after January 31st.

#175 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,971 posts

Posted 12 March 2018 - 05:52 PM

It was supposed to be 4 to 6 weeks after January 31st.

So never then?!

• tjv likes this

#176 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:30 AM

May has been arrested at an anti-pipeline protest.

Two Members of Parliament have been arrested at the Kinder Morgan facility on Burnaby Mountain after they defied a court injunction that banned protesters from disrupting construction work at both Trans Mountain terminals.

Saanish-Gulf Islands MP and Green Party leader Elizabeth May, and Burnaby South NDP MP Kennedy Stewart joined several dozen protesters and marched to the gate of the Kinder Morgan tank farm. https://globalnews.c...-kinder-morgan/

Know it all.

#177 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:35 AM

So never then?!

It's delayed by a few weeks now, I guess.

#178 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:37 AM

I wonder how May and Stewart got to the protest. Surely they did not fly in from Ottawa and then drive to Burnaby. 

#179 jonny

jonny
  • 9,211 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 11:44 AM

I loved this post from May 10th:

2018-03-23 12_41_45-Elizabeth May (@ElizabethMay) _ Twitter.png

The ferry she took runs on diesel refined at the Parkland refinery. The diesel comes from "tarsand" diluted bitumen that traveled to Burnaby on Trans Mountain Line 1.

#180 Dr.Strangelove

Dr.Strangelove
  • Banned
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:52 PM

She'll score brownie points from her supporters for getting arrested. They will view the arrest as a Sacrifice from their party's leader who held her ground and didn't back down.

Politically, likely a good move on her part with the federal election coming up next year.

Edited by Dr.Strangelove, 23 March 2018 - 04:53 PM.

• jonny likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users