Photo

Victoria gas prices | Victoria utility prices

• Please log in to reply
2164 replies to this topic

#881 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 11:34 AM

Massive flooding in southeast Texas has already impacted gasoline prices in the surrounding area, and one expert says the same could soon happen in Canada.

Hurricane Harvey's remnants left much of Houston underwater on Sunday, and the National Weather Service says it's not over yet:

Some parts of Houston and its suburbs could end up with as much as another 1.3 metres of rain.

The storm has affected about 2.2 million barrels per day of refining capacity in the United States, including ExxonMobil, Shell and Phillps 66 operations that began shutting down Sunday.

Vancouver, Victoria and most of B.C. should expect a hike of about three cents a litre, while Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon and Winnipeg may see prices rise three to eight cents a litre

Toronto and most of Ontario are in store for a five-cent hike, while Montreal may see the biggest jump — as much as a 15-cent increase to about 127.9 cents a litre by mid-week.

"For the Maritimes and Newfoundland, which follow last week's prices under their regulated price regimes, a five cent a litre increase should be expected with the possibility that their 'interrupter clause' may be deployed before Thursday and Friday," McTeague said Monday.

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...mpact-1.4264874

#882 GaryRanson

GaryRanson
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

I am surprised they didn;t use the Solar Eclipse as an excuse to raise prices last week!

• Nparker, Bingo and Love the rock like this

#883 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Up in whitehorse is and has been 106.9 for months...and the fuel that comes to Whitehorse and as far nortb as Dawson acity comes in tankers that travel north on a barge that is towed to skagway from Seattle. Victoria gets screwed on a regular basis and then they sit back and laugh at their made up excuses

Edited by HB, 28 August 2017 - 01:45 PM.

#884 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:46 AM

I am surprised they didn;t use the Solar Eclipse as an excuse to raise prices last week!

Haven't you heard.. it was the solar eclipse which caused the high tides, the hurricane, the flooding and the off-course missile launch from NK.

Can pestilence be far behind?

• GaryRanson likes this

#885 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:58 AM

CALGARY — Greater Victoria gas prices are expected to remain relatively stable despite anticipated hikes in the eastern part of the country after hurricane Harvey forced many refineries on the Texas Gulf Coast to shut down. Changes in the Canadian market are likely to be felt in the eastern part of the country, where there is a logistical connection to the Gulf of Mexico.

Greater Victoria’s prices are more reliant on refineries on the West Coast of the U.S., Parent said.

http://www.timescolo...ices-1.22237555

I am skeptical that this will be the case. They often raise the prices this time of year when some of the refineries in the US convert to heating oil.

US refineries on the Westcoast will be picking up the shortfall, and we in Victoria will likely feel the drip, drip, drip at the pumps sooner or later.

#886 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

...that was one of the excuses used in Metro Van for the increase. We were sitting at 141.9

#887 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:30 AM

We borrowed a friend's pickup and I said I'd fill it up as thanks. I paid $135 in gas yesterday. Yikes. And that was before the anticipated price increase.

#888 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

What in tarnations were you driving?

You can't even fit $135 worth of regular fuel into an Escalade (at $1.299)  :eek:

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#889 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

What in tarnations were you driving?

You can't even fit $135 worth of regular fuel into an Escalade (at $1.299) :eek:

Most full sized trucks (Silverado, F150, etc) have ~100L tanks standard, with 'range' options for 120L+

Edited by Mattjvd, 29 August 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#890 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:41 PM

But that's the thing, those trucks max out at 98L (26US gallons) unless you get behind the wheel of an extended bed one-heck-of-a-beast.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#891 Mattjvd

Mattjvd
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

But that's the thing, those trucks max out at 98L (26US gallons) unless you get behind the wheel of an extended bed one-heck-of-a-beast.

I might have edited after you were replying, sorry. They have options for 36 US gallon (136.08L) tanks.
  • Mike K. likes this

#892 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

It was this beast:

image.jpeg

Come to think of it, we put $145 in it yesterday.

We were just south of Duncan and. I insisted there was enough in the tank to get us to the Mill Bay Co-Op. The needle was *just*below E. My better half disagreed so I immediately pulled over and put five bucks in. While I was in the washroom she put another $10 in. When we got to Mill Bay. I filled it up and the cost was $130 and I don't know if the tank was truly full or if that's the price limit of the pump.

Edited by Rob Randall, 29 August 2017 - 01:00 PM.

#893 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:09 PM

It was this beast:

Come to think of it, we put $145 in it yesterday.

We were just south of Duncan and. I insisted there was enough in the tank to get us to the Mill Bay Co-Op. The needle was *just*below E. My better half disagreed so I immediately pulled over and put five bucks in. While I was in the washroom she put another $10 in. When we got to Mill Bay. I filled it up and the cost was $130 and I don't know if the tank was truly full or if that's the price limit of the pump.

The gas is three cents a litre less in Duncan, but I don't suppose with the HEMI engine it's worth driving over the "hat" to buy gas.

#894 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

We definitely wanted to wait for Mill Bay because we have a Co-Op membership. Even if I ran out of gas I'd just coast down the Malahat amirite?

Just to show how out of touch I am, I was sure filling it up would only cost like, eighty bucks, tops. And it took so long. I only fill my tiny Nissan and it takes just over a minute or so.

Edited by Rob Randall, 29 August 2017 - 01:27 PM.

#895 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:28 PM

Holy smokes, yeah a Hemi will suck back like nobody's business. That sucker NEEDS a big tank like that just to keep you out of the gas station more than twice a week.

I'm writing this as a 3500 drives past, lol.

Know it all.

#896 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:47 PM

I hope gas prices go up to get all these Hemis/massive trucks off the road. It's already ridiculous enough that you don't have to pay luxury tax on trucks :)

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#897 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,531 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:19 PM

Whatever, hippy!
  • GaryRanson likes this

Know it all.

#898 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:15 PM

CALGARY — Greater Victoria gas prices are expected to remain relatively stable despite anticipated hikes in the eastern part of the country after hurricane Harvey forced many refineries on the Texas Gulf Coast to shut down. Changes in the Canadian market are likely to be felt in the eastern part of the country, where there is a logistical connection to the Gulf of Mexico.

Greater Victoria’s prices are more reliant on refineries on the West Coast of the U.S., Parent said.

http://www.timescolo...ices-1.22237555

I am skeptical that this will be the case. They often raise the prices this time of year when some of the refineries in the US convert to heating oil.

US refineries on the Westcoast will be picking up the shortfall, and we in Victoria will likely feel the drip, drip, drip at the pumps sooner or later.

TODAY the prices range from 130.9 at Costco to an average across town of 135.9 up to 137.9 at the Shelbourne and Pear St. Chevron

http://www.victoriagasprices.com/

• Mike K. likes this

#899 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,345 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 20 February 2018 - 07:38 PM

Because Mike only posted in a locked thread... 2c gas tax increase incoming...

#900 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:18 PM

I did? Dang its. 

Thanks for posting here.

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users