Photo

Victoria gas prices | Victoria utility prices

• Please log in to reply
2164 replies to this topic

#1861 On the Level

On the Level
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 08:32 PM

Big difference is most folks use rail service to travel between towns and there are plentiful Ubers/taxis and very reasonable prices compared to here. 

Hush.....we don't like rail here.

#1862 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,864 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 02:16 PM

Russia’s attack on Ukraine is putting even greater pressure on an already surging oil price environment and that will cost Canadians more at the pump.

Roger McKnight, chief petroleum analyst at En-Pro International Inc. expects gas prices across the country will rise five cents per litre on Saturday.

https://www.cheknews...aturday-958278/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 24 February 2022 - 02:16 PM.

#1863 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 01:26 PM

I'm hearing reports of gas rising to $2.19 per litre for 87 octane.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1864 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 March 2022 - 02:01 PM

Oh no :(

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#1865 marks_28

marks_28
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 02:03 PM

Interesting> Any idea where? Gasbuddy seems to have crashed lol

#1866 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 02:12 PM

It has!! I wonder if the site may have been hacked.

No word on location, just a Facebook post from an acquaintance who just got home and put up the post.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#1867 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 March 2022 - 02:13 PM

This works

http://www.victoriagasprices.com/

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

#1868 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,864 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 05:54 PM

The Alberta government will help hard-hit consumers by pausing the collection of its 13-cent per litre provincial fuel tax on April 1,  Premier Jason Kenney said Monday.

"This massive tax relief is a response to skyrocketing costs at the pump and is going to provide Albertans with the relief that they need when the cost of everything is going up," Kenney told a news conference.

"Albertans told us they needed relief from rising costs. We've heard them loud and clear."

The pause in tax collection will apply to gasoline and diesel fuel. The change also will apply to the four-cent per litre provincial fuel tax on marked (dyed) gasoline and diesel.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ction-1.6375882

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 March 2022 - 05:54 PM.

#1869 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

• 52,864 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 06:33 PM

The Alberta government will help hard-hit consumers by pausing the collection of its 13-cent per litre provincial fuel tax on April 1,  Premier Jason Kenney said Monday.

"This massive tax relief is a response to skyrocketing costs at the pump and is going to provide Albertans with the relief that they need when the cost of everything is going up," Kenney told a news conference.

"Albertans told us they needed relief from rising costs. We've heard them loud and clear."

The pause in tax collection will apply to gasoline and diesel fuel. The change also will apply to the four-cent per litre provincial fuel tax on marked (dyed) gasoline and diesel.

https://www.cbc.ca/n...ction-1.6375882

No plans to reduce tax as gas prices soar above $2/litre in B.C., Farnworth says

Gas prices in Greater Victoria crossed the $2/litre mark on Monday, setting a new record high for the region. Several capital region stations were selling regular gas at $2.089 a litre, while Sooke hit $2.169.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 07 March 2022 - 06:33 PM.

#1870 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 07 March 2022 - 06:38 PM

Feel free to dial back the taxes, John!

WEB_HORGAN_HOUSING_PRESSER.jpg

• LocalMom likes this

#1871 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 07 March 2022 - 06:45 PM

BC is also making coin with the O&G in Northern BC so it’s not like they could consider waiving the carbon tax on home heating or commercial deliveries/agriculture etc

#1872 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,686 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 06:45 PM

Feel free to dial back the taxes, John!

He's just following the (social) science.

#1873 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 07 March 2022 - 08:11 PM

Poilievre on Trudeau talking about European energy security:

What an absolute phoney.

Trudeau claims he cares about Europe’s energy dependence on Russia—after he killed Energy East Pipeline & just last week delayed a major Newfoundland project.

When I replace him, Canadian energy will power democracies abroad & provide paycheques at home

https://twitter.com/...7002492929?s=21

Know it all.

#1874 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:01 AM

$2.289 at the Tillicum PetroCan.

Now I’m starting to wonder if it’s individual operators just raising prices to whatever they want.
  • Matt R. and Ismo07 like this

Know it all.

#1875 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 06:38 PM

FWIW, the lead story on CHEK tonight revolved around a noticeable increase in transit use this week.

This would point to higher prices contributing to some mode shift. The argument that carbon taxes cause people to think twice about driving seems to be validated by this data.

• Brayvehart likes this

#1876 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,685 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:06 PM

^🙄
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#1877 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,507 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:29 PM

Looking at my annual budget with the hopes of selling my condo and moving into another (unlikely anyway), if the current gas prices remain as-is indefinitely (we know they'll increase), they translate into about a $25,000 reduction in my home purchase budget.  I could make some other changes, but it's already a close to the bone budget.

#1878 UDeMan

UDeMan
  • 745 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 07:57 PM

I like how when the prices of gas goes up, they always have a story about some guy who has bought themselves a $60,000 Tesla Model 3 saying how they are gloating while driving by the gas station.

• sebberry likes this

#1879 vortoozo

vortoozo
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 08:10 PM

^

It's not just taking the bus, though.

High fuel prices cause people to think about biking, use more fuel-efficient vehicles, and drive more economically.

Since we passed the psychological $2 barrier I am now driving the limit instead of 10k over. Uses less fuel. And without the carbon tax we wouldn't be over $2, so it's absolutely contributing to a reduction in my fuel consumption.

• Brayvehart likes this

#1880 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,481 posts

Posted 08 March 2022 - 08:40 PM

The carbon tax has zero effect on demand by design, which is why it’s so effective. Successful taxes don’t stop use, they piggy back on use at a rate where people don’t like it, but pay it.

We now see that the carbon tax is a cash grab. If you want use to be reduced, you have to raise gasoline prices by 60 cents in the span of a week, not one cent per year.
  • sebberry and Matt R. like this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users