Photo

[Downtown Victoria] Radius condo & office | 17- & 13-storeys | Canceled in 2008

• Please log in to reply
551 replies to this topic

#21 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:13 PM

The latest word I have is that they want to add two stories onto the original proposal to slim up the latest rendering.

this was done as some V.V. members spoke out at the APC meeting and made a good impression.....or this would be heading to public hearing without the changes being made. :-D

#22 aastra

aastra
  • 20,757 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

Has anybody managed to see a good rendering of this project?

#23 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:47 PM

I have a copy of the original, but not the latest one. I can try and see if I can get the latest rendering though.

#24 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:49 PM

There are the old renderings prior to the redesign as per community input atop this page.

Nothing new has been released but more info is at
http://www.vibrantvi... ... ellres.htm

and

http://www.vibrantvi... ... office.htm

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#25 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

I will also get a copy of those skyline shots of the earlier proposal too. I only have a paper copy.

thanks DERF!!!

#26 djp

djp
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:24 PM

Any new word on this?

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:25 PM

Ya, what's up?
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 03:50 PM

Last night the planners present at the Hudson ACP seemed tight-lipped about the proposal. When asked on the status (becuase the Hudson is so close) they said the project was in a re-design phase but then they stated that the heights were still within the height limit, but word on the street is that the heights of both towers has increased to decrease the "wall" effect.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 Scaper

Scaper
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

I was tolded that the height has increased by two floors after words had been spoken with Council.

#30 captain highliner

captain highliner
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:17 PM

I noticed Edwards Welding has closed out and auctioned off its stuff. Could the wrecking ball be far behind?

#31 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:04 PM

This has not gone to public hearing yet though. Perhaps December or early January?

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#32 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:04 PM

This development is right across the street from the blinding video screen in front of the arena. Residents of Denby Placce further down the street already complain of the light shining into their homes, so this could be a problem with the Well as well.

#33 Ben Smith

Ben Smith
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:32 PM

Hah, I have a damned street light outside that seems to illuminate my room with an orange glow by night...and I don't complain...I'm a true Gordon Headian :lol:

#34 zingzamzoom

zingzamzoom
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Haha..well the video screen is a bit bright. I have lived here at Denby Place since this summer and I am just beginning to notice it. We were quite lucky because we had a big tree in the middle of Blanshard blocking us from the screen, but now the leaves are falling off and oh my god it is bright. At night it looks like we have left the tv on in our house. When that white flash comes on our house goes a bit bright. But....this is not near as annoying as the yeller who lives down the street!

Aaron

#35 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:59 PM

I think inhabitants of the Well might be quite lucky. It's the office portion which will face Blanshard :)

Know it all.

#36 D.L.

D.L.
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:29 PM

oh ok. I didn't know about the office portion.

#37 Galvanized

Galvanized
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:36 PM

^That's good!

The other night I was turning right from Caledonia onto Blanshard and one of those ads which had a white background lit up the entire inside of my Jeep. I couldn't believe it!
Past President of Victoria's Flâneur Union Local 1862

#38 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,559 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 09:27 AM

The white backgrounds are absolutley insane!

Know it all.

#39 G-Man

G-Man

Senior Case Officer

• 13,805 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:41 AM

City office space difficult to obtain
But two projects in the works propose to alleviate the shortage of high-end rentals

Andrew A. Duffy, Times Colonist
Published: Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Faced with the lowest vacancy rate in more than 10 years for Class-A office space in the downtown core, Victoria companies looking for new digs are being squeezed.

[...]

© Times Colonist (Victoria) 2006 previous page 1 2

Visit my blog at: https://www.sidewalkingvictoria.com 

It has a whole new look!

#40 Ben Smith

Ben Smith
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

Interesting.

Office Space is low and made funny, making it of little profit and making people who would want a Class-A business drift away.

Time for a luxourious business building, anyone?

The Sussex has a REALLY nice interior, and just mid-summer I was in the fifth floor of the "Rohani" building, the glass highrise on Fort Street, getting my passport. The office space I was in (and waiting in for nearly an hour) was located at the SE corner of the building. Very nice space, but the view was mostly blocked by The Sussex, located probably around ten meters away.

Sussex is luxoury.

And the CIBC tower is fairly nice itself.

We definatly need somemore of these. They fit in well on Douglas Street, so we should find a spot where a good twenty-floor (or less..) highrise could go for business reasons...

Ben

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users