UNDER CONSTRUCTION
University Heights, building A
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: 3956 Shelbourne Street
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 6
University Heights, building A is proposal for a six-storey mixed-use rental and retail complex at Cedar Hill ... (view full profile)
Learn more about University Heights, building A on Citified.ca
Photo

University Heights Shopping Centre

• Please log in to reply
364 replies to this topic

#301 University Heights Development

University Heights Development
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2022 - 05:19 PM

Hi VVers
There are currently onsite works taking place in relation to some upgrades of the existing parkade.
Next in line is an extension of the current Home Depot and the abatement and demolition of the shopping centre and adjacent buildings.
The hope is to start full scale construction in the fall.
It’s an exciting time as the development starts to take shape after a long time in planning.

We are actively working on leasing up the retail with a number of prospective tenants moving towards lease execution.

Thanks

Greystar UH Team
  • Mike K., Nparker, Hotel Mike and 4 others like this

#302 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 07:42 AM

Excellent. Thank you!

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#303 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 13 June 2022 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for the update. Is there a general site plan/rendering we can see? No idea if the ones on Citified are remotely accurate now.

#304 mdb1983

mdb1983
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 11:36 AM

Thanks for the update. Is there a general site plan/rendering we can see? No idea if the ones on Citified are remotely accurate now.

should probably quote them so they can see a notification  :banana:

#305 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 12:20 PM

This the last design available from the prior owner: https://victoria.cit...-redevelopment/

Whatever has been changed since then hasn’t been made available, at least not publicly.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#306 University Heights Development

University Heights Development
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 05:36 PM

No material changes are being made to the design so what was approved is largely what will be constructed.
  • Mike K., Nparker, lanforod and 3 others like this

#307 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 13 June 2022 - 06:24 PM

Welcome to Vibrant Victoria.
  • Nparker and Daveyboy like this

#308 mdb1983

mdb1983
  • 47 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 03:21 PM

i got an email that the save on foods pharmacy is staying open until the end of July. I was surprised they are staying until the end of next month since the grocery store is gone now. i guess they aren't tearing down that part of the building until the fall time so they can stay longer but then i wonder why the grocery left so early? 

but apparently the pharmacy team is moving to a new location but further away unfortunately..it's not convenient for me but that's good they are opening up a new place. I think near the shell station on Quadra and not affiliated with save on anymore.

• Mike K. likes this

#309 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,304 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 11:02 AM

Could be this, doesn't look like 8 either though:

1589807-b1-06102020-univer.jpg

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 13 August 2022 - 11:03 AM.

#310 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 11:34 AM

There do appear to be a lot of Stalinists milling about in that plaza space.

#311 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 02:21 PM

All are six.

Maybe it’s the UVic dungeons that are at issue?

Know it all.

#312 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,304 posts

Posted 04 November 2022 - 03:57 AM

Demolition of J.J. Morgan restaurant at McKenzie and Cedar Hill Cross Road on Thursday marked the final chapter for the Gordon Head staple, which shut its doors in 2020 when owner Russell Eng retired.

https://www.timescol...ntinues-6053726

#313 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 01:45 PM

Time to reactivate this thread?  This project is very active.

• Nparker likes this

#314 DavidSchell

DavidSchell
  • 684 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 04:57 PM

Popped over to home depot this morning and was surprised how much was going on

#315 aastra

aastra
  • 20,649 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 06:19 PM

That's how doers get more done.

#316 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 09:15 PM

What’s happening?
  • Matt R. likes this

Know it all.

#317 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 03 December 2022 - 09:20 PM

Does no one in Gordon Head have access to a camera?

#318 MysticalWarrior

MysticalWarrior
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 03:37 AM

Along with the photos of the new UVic bus loop that I said I'd take, I'll also try to get photos of University Heights this week also (after my last two exams :thumbsup:)!

To describe what's going on there right now though:

• The garden centre area at Home Depot's been demolished and excavation for that expansion has been underway for the past month or so
  • There's a newly paved ramp on Cedar Hill Rd that now goes down to the CT Auto Centre/Tims parking lot
  • As you all know by now, JJ Morgan's and the old CIBC branch are gone (super weird to clearly see the other side of Shelbourne from that part of Cedar Hill)
  • Excavation of the parkade and parking lots are still ongoing; as of today, there seems to be a pretty big hole where the entrance walkway was

So far, the main building itself has yet to be touched, but given that excavation has now reached its foundation, I have a sense that it won't be long - like Fairbanks said, there's a lot of activity going on there.

Edited by MysticalWarrior, 04 December 2022 - 03:39 AM.

• Mike K., Nparker and AllseeingEye like this

#319 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 07:50 AM

Nice summary. You know you're getting older when you can say that you remember when with regard to this area:

• There was no McKenzie Avenue, which was known as Derby Rd where it connected to Cedar Hill. That "McKenzie" was a forest of mostly various deciduous and oak trees and small family farms and horse stables.
  • That Cedar Hill a couple of hundred meters north past the current intersection was gravel and unpaved.
  • That the current mall site was originally a Kmart
  • That the original mall site before KMart was covered in scrub and aging decaying greenhouses where neighbourhood boys bow hunted for pheasant
  • That the original site before aging decaying greenhouses was occupied by very functional, well maintained and productive greenhouses

#320 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 04 December 2022 - 12:41 PM

Ok, thanks Mystical!
  • MysticalWarrior likes this

Know it all.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users