Agrius | Era building | 700-block of Yates Street

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 19 November 2015 - 04:37 PM

The new Fol Epi bakery that has opened in the Era building in the 700-block of Yates Street will also double as Agrius, a restaurant set in the same space as the bakery (which opens on the 23rd).

• Matt R. likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:35 AM

...The 4th annual list of Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants released on Tuesday includes two Vancouver Island establishments. Tofino’s Wolf in the Fog is listed at #85, while Victoria’s Agrius comes in at #93...

https://www.cheknews...00-best-437989/

#3 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:00 AM

pilgrimme, a short, subsidized ferry ride away on Galiano, ranked even higher. If you haven’t been, it’s worth the trip!

Matt.
  • VicHockeyFan likes this

#4 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:06 AM

The ferry subsidy paid by those Mainland > Vancouver Island residents makes everything on the Islands taste much sweeter.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#5 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:11 AM

We did our staff party there a couple of years ago. I think we did 10 courses, blew my mind.

Matt.

#6 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

^Beats the rubber chicken and veggie lasagne at most staff party banquets.

I love Agrius. Casual, but top-notch service. 

• jonny likes this

#7 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

^ We chartered a catamaran with a bar to take us there and back. We drop down to about 25 staff in September so it was a nice size, we were able to buy out the restaurant.

Agrius is good also, heck of a pastry team and a great general manager!

Matt.

#8 Rob Randall

Rob Randall
  • 16,310 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:19 AM

One thing I noticed at our visit to Agrius last Friday was the ceiling. They had a pair of twin bed-sized panels covered in acoustical egg-crate foam suspended there. The result was remarkable. The restaurant was full (approx. 40 seats), you could hear the music, you could converse comfortably but you weren't bothered by the talking of the diners right next to you. The panels seemed to suck up all the ambient noise that would otherwise be bouncing around (see: Garrick's Head Pub).

• Mike K., VicHockeyFan, Nparker and 1 other like this

#9 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,232 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 16 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

^ those are all over the ceiling in Commonwealth Pool, yet it gets loud in there, especially during swim meets like last weekend. I wonder how loud it would be without the panels.

#10 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 04:35 PM

I see Agrius is taking home the Gold for best Victoria at the Van Mag awards this year... again.

Matt.

#11 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 10:56 AM

Agrius and Fol Epi at this location are done next week, last day will be Mother's day.  

#12 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 10:57 AM

Oh wow.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#13 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:15 PM

Too bad I enjoyed both of them; not a huge surprise since the onset of covid they are/have literally lost about 350 potential customers right next door once Maximus moves to whatever new office it opts for in light of losing the HIBC contract.

#14 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,155 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 01:55 PM

Any updates on that move, ASE?

Know it all.

#15 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 06:37 PM

Acquisition of Service for the HIBC contract by PBCS is slated to occur in the next ten days; lots of moving process and especially systems and IT policy parts in the transfer.

We actually start in small groups this week to go onsite to the new Keating digs for some PBCS HR, corporate and systems orientation. There are a series of go/no go checkpoints that need to be met (so far successfully) and barring something unforeseen I believe the actual formal AOS is the third week of this month. That'll be fun for me since I am on vacation during that time - just hoping all my login credentials for about two dozen systems all work on Day 1 for me.

No word on where the Maximus folks staying behind will wind up, and at this point there is no reason to expect I/we will hear anything official as the staff communication processes are also in transition away from Maximus to PBCS. I imagine I'll eventually hear something on that subject via the usual office grapevine.

• Mike K. likes this

#16 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 07:19 PM

Agrius and Fol Epi at this location are done next week, last day will be Mother's day.  

Do either have another location?

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#17 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 07:36 PM

Yes the first bakery is Dockside, fol epi. Next to the Trek rental place and caffe fantastico.
  • LJ likes this

#18 JohnsonStBridge

JohnsonStBridge
  • 342 posts
  • LocationInner Harbour

Posted 08 May 2023 - 08:53 PM

Next to the *former* Trek Bicycle Store.

#19 Matt R.

Matt R.

Randy Diamond

• 7,861 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 09:22 PM

Oh, has it gone already? Sitting empty?

#20 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,390 posts

Posted 08 May 2023 - 10:23 PM

My former co-workers and I used to frequent Fol Epi regularly before the WFH era. Multiply this times hundreds or more downtown workers and it's little wonder this establishment is going under.
  • AllseeingEye and DavidSchell like this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users