Syrian Refugees

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:55 PM

Not politically correct to say, but when you have an extra 1M guys in the country of 60M, you gotta be super smooth to get laid.

Simply not gonna happen but for the best actors.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 spanky123

spanky123
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:39 AM

Not politically correct to say, but when you have an extra 1M guys in the country of 60M, you gotta be super smooth to get laid.

Simply not gonna happen but for the best actors.

Especially not PC given the recent claims in Cologne by 400+ women that they were assaulted by refugees on New Years eve.

#23 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:43 AM

Especially not PC given the recent claims in Cologne by 400+ women that they were assaulted by refugees on New Years eve.

That's what I mean.  You have 1M young males, and nobody will date them.  So your best bet for some form of sexual release is to go groping at the train station.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#24 nagel

nagel
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

I think it was immigrants/migrants not refugees but I'm sure most people won't care about the distinction.

#25 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 04:08 PM

Police in Cologne were left nearly speechless following the melee that involved some 1,000 men. The chief said he'd never experienced anything remotely as messed up as such a large hoard of men running rampant and sexually assaulting any woman in sight. There was at least one report of rape.

What the hell is going on over there?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#26 nagel

nagel
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:34 AM

Don't know but we need to stop associating it with Syrian refugees unless someone actually has some evidence they were actually involved.

#27 spanky123

spanky123
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:52 AM

Don't know but we need to stop associating it with Syrian refugees unless someone actually has some evidence they were actually involved.

Right or wrong the media is claiming that these are Syrian refugees. Heard it again on CBC this morning.

#28 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:27 AM

Yes, that's what the media has been saying and they typically like to steer clear of making assumptions of that nature. I mean they avoid the issues as much as they can if they can help it.

On Monday (I think) there was a filmed attack by two refugees on a man at an Austrian subway station. He was being robbed, but this time the public stepped in and turned the situation around by subduing the two individuals with a beat down of their own.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#29 nagel

nagel
  • 5,746 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

Yes, that's what the media has been saying and they typically like to steer clear of making assumptions of that nature. I mean they avoid the issues as much as they can if they can help it.

On Monday (I think) there was a filmed attack by two refugees on a man at an Austrian subway station. He was being robbed, but this time the public stepped in and turned the situation around by subduing the two individuals with a beat down of their own.

I've been hearing North Africa.

I will agree there isn't much detail coming out about the attacks, for how big they appear to have been.  It's hard to understand or comprehend the magnitude at all.

#30 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

Right, and mix in political correctness and you have a recipe for near silence on the issue. And that's what's most troubling of all, that the media is being very selective in the way it covers these issues and politicians are being, well, politicians.

• VicHockeyFan likes this

Know it all.

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 09:41 AM

But if you're a highly trained J-school graduate you know that the trick with journalism is to identify the who-what-where-why - and then remove it all. Thus:

On Jan. 7, 2015, two Muslim brothers killed 11 writers and artists at Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons they didn't like, as well as a policeman outside. Over the next two days, an accomplice shot a policewoman to death and then stormed a kosher supermarket, killing four Jews.

Whoa, wait a minute. Weren't these guys born in France? Why, then, the salient fact about their identity is that they're citoyens, Frenchmen, as French as Edith Piaf with frogs' legs hanging out of each nostril:

On Jan. 7, 2015, two Muslim brothers...

Hold up there! Not all the facts are in yet. We don't want to get ahead of ourselves:

On Jan. 7, 2015, two French-born accordion-playing Gauloise-smoking Maurice Chevalier fans...

Wait a minute, that makes no sense. Why would French-born people kill cartoonists over some cartoons? French-born people love cartoons. It's the land of les bandes dessinées, Asterix, Lucky Luke... Just because the victims of these French-born people happen to be in a building that includes a magazine that publishes cartoons is no reason to go leaping to conclusions. How about..?

On Jan. 7 2015, two French-born brothers killed 11 writers and artists at Charlie Hebdo for publishing cartoons they didn't like...

What's that? You're wondering whether it's misleading not to mention the Muslim angle to the story? You're right. Gimme a minute. Lemme see here. Hmm...

On Jan. 7 2015, two French-born brothers killed 11 people inside the building where Charlie Hebdo operated, as well as a Muslim policeman outside...

On Jan. 7 2015, two French-born brothers killed 11 people inside the building where Charlie Hebdo operated, as well as a policeman outside...

See how easy it is when you're a professional? That's the Muslim angle neatly wrapped up. So we've got French perps, Muslim victims, miscellaneous building occupants caught in the gunfire... What else? Oh, yes:

Over the next two days, an accomplice shot a policewoman to death and then stormed a kosher supermarket, killing four Jews.

How do we know they were Jews? As President Obama and his spokespersons said, they were just a "random" "bunch of folks". They could have been imams stopping in for some bagels after Friday prayers: Are we working that angle yet? They could be neo-Nazis picking up some gefilte fish for the weekend skinhead convention. It's hard to tell with names like "Cohen". So let's be responsible here, and say:

...killing four hostages.

And so we arrive at today's Canadian Press report:

On Jan. 7, 2015, two French-born brothers killed 11 people inside the building where Charlie Hebdo operated, as well as a Muslim policeman outside. Over the next two days, an accomplice shot a policewoman to death and then stormed a kosher supermarket, killing four hostages.

http://www.steynonli...-than-the-sword

#32 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:14 AM

A German pool has banned male refugees following sexual harassment complaints by women.

German pool bans refugees after women complain

http://www.politico....logne-assaults/

"A suburb of the German city of Bonn banned male refugees over 18 from using the municipal swimming pool after complaints of sexual harassment, the latest in a wave of incidents creating a public backlash against Angela Merkel’s open-doors policy."

"Another German town, Rheinberg, has canceled its February 8 carnival parade because of concerns that migrant men could provoke incidents during the festivities, according to local public security chief Jonny Strey."

Know it all.

#33 SimonH

SimonH
  • 498 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...ronto-1.3418220

I don't know what to say. 

#34 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 02:38 PM

Well, back in the camp, they have others, friends, networks etc.

Isn't there a Syrian community in TO already, shouldn't these folks already be seeing them for contacts?

#35 Wayne

Wayne
  • 564 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

Feeling Hopeless. Nothing a few selfies with the PM couldn't fix.

#36 spanky123

spanky123
  • 11,278 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

Well, back in the camp, they have others, friends, networks etc.

Isn't there a Syrian community in TO already, shouldn't these folks already be seeing them for contacts?

The entire population of Syrian Canadians is far less than the numbers Trudeau is bringing in. Add to that the fact that Syria was secular and that many people presumably have been here for years and no longer have ties to Syria and the potential number of folks to help out is small.

Trudeau must have done something to upset the CBC as they normally would not have run such a negative article on one of his core campaign issues. 

#37 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 48,067 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:23 AM

Immigration is tough, period. There's no magic solution to overcoming barriers and culture shock. It just takes time and tough, bloody tough work. I think it was naive for Trudeau to assume tens of thousands of people would be gushing to come to Canada. It was also naive of him to assume that Canada would somehow transform several centuries of immigration policies and attitudes on a whim because Trudeau lovingly opened up the borders to people in need.

My only message to those people, heck any immigrant really who doesn't come here thanks to dad's pocket book, is to realize that you have every opportunity in this country to "make it." How you use those opportunities is up to you.

Know it all.

#38 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

Finding accommodation for Syrian refugees coming to the capital region is a key concern for the Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria.

So far, 24 Syrian refugees — three families and an individual — have arrived through private-sponsorship groups, said ICA executive director Jean McRae.

“Housing is probably going to be the biggest issue that we’re facing,” she said.

- See more at: http://www.timescolo...h.SzBEpmNO.dpuf

Jeepers, any family of 7 or 8 will be hard to house.

#39 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:41 PM

The City of Victoria will become the first region in B.C. outside Metro Vancouver to receive government-assisted refugees, the federal immigration department announced Friday.

Government-assisted refugees are those that are supported entirely by the federal government for their first year in Canada.

Ottawa places them in one of 24 communities outside Quebec (which controls its own immigration) that have the necessary supports in place.

Until Friday, the only designated community in B.C. was Metro Vancouver, and the Immigrant Services Society of B.C. and SUCCESS Canada, both Vancouver based, were the only organizations funded by Ottawa specifically to resettle refugees.

Now, “it is expected that the Inter-Cultural Association of Greater Victoria will begin to support (government-assisted refugees) in the coming weeks,” Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada said in a news release Friday.

http://www.vancouver...0929/story.html

#40 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:37 PM

Ya, I can see swaths of these guys unable to get laid,

BORING.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users