Photo

Victoria Police Chief Frank Elsner Investigated for inappropriate Twitter exchanges with wife of officer

• Please log in to reply
1327 replies to this topic

#841 spanky123

spanky123
  • 21,006 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

Yes, I do have inside connections....and nope I can't share that information unfortunately.  Personally I think anyone who actually trains themselves to properly assess everything the MEDIA has printed on it from the very first day to the present day could easily put it together.

Did Elsner take the bait laid out in the trap for him?............YEP.

The trick you see, was that Elsner didn't realize that he was being baited from the very get go, and the entire fiasco was planned, and orchestrated. They would have got him one way or the other, it was just a matter of time.

I don't see what is in it for the two officers to set the chief up as you describe. She gets viewed as a tramp and he gets viewed as a chump. She isn't even in the same police department. 

#842 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

I don't see what is in it for the two officers to set the chief up as you describe. She gets viewed as a tramp and he gets viewed as a chump. She isn't even in the same police department. 

It's not just "Two" officers that have benefited from having a chief promoted from within the department. It's every officer at Vic PD that has benefited from it.

The female officer from Saanich (the wife of the officer at Vic Pd)  was never viewed as a "Tramp", and the Officer at Vic would be viewed as a Hero by his co-workers.

While my inside connections have allowed me to know a lot more then the general public....Legal reasons (Obviously) prevent me from elaborating any further. Just how it is.

That being said.....nothing I have stated hasn't already been divulged to the public anyhow. Most just didn't catch it at the time because it was very fast, it was between the lines, and  they were not paying attention...but it's all there.

Edited by Star Dust, 21 January 2018 - 12:11 PM.

#843 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:09 PM

A conspiracy guy could say that that's exactly what they needed, a female officer from another department to trap the bait.

Trap or not, Elsner should not have done it.  

I don't exactly see cops or courts letting guys off when they solicit a "minor" online that turns out to actually be a cop.  That trap works, and gets the suspect convicted often too.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 21 January 2018 - 12:11 PM.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#844 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

A conspiracy guy could say that that's exactly what they needed, a female officer from another department to trap the bait.

Trap or not, Elsner should not have done it.  

I don't exactly see cops or courts letting guys off when they solicit a "minor" online that turns out to actually be a cop.  That trap works, and gets the suspect convicted often too.

Of course Elsner shouldn't have  done what he did.......But he did, and in the end, that's all that ever mattered.

And for your second point.. The reason those people don't get off  is because in the Criminal Code Of Canada it  is one of the only Laws that exist in Canada that makes your THOUGHTS illegal. Which means under the Criminal Code a person can be arrested and convicted for "Thinking" of committing a crime without actually physically committing it....when it comes to soliciting a minor. As a matter of fact in the Criminal Code Of Canada, a minor doesn't even have to exist or be real for it to be illegal. The thought alone on itself is Illegal in Canada. Other words, the police can fictitiously create the character of an under aged person, and if someone takes that Bait, they can be arrested and charged as if that fictitious person was real...even when they don't actually exist.

Edited by Star Dust, 21 January 2018 - 12:43 PM.

#845 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

Of course Elsner shouldn't have  done what he did.......But he did, and in the end, that's all that ever mattered.

And for your second point.. The reason those people don't get off  is because in the Criminal Code Of Canada it  is one of the only Laws that exist in Canada that makes your THOUGHTS illegal. Which means under the Criminal Code a person can be arrested and convicted for "Thinking" of committing a crime without actually physically committing it....when it comes to soliciting a minor. As a matter of fact in the Criminal Code Of Canada, a minor doesn't even have to exist or be real for it to be illegal. The thought alone on itself is Illegal in Canada. Other words, the police can fictitiously create the character of an under aged person, and if someone takes that Bait, they can be arrested and charged as if that fictitious person was real...even when they don't actually exist.

Really!  I think we need some of our forum cops, lawyers and bad guys to chime in on this...or is that thought illegal. 

#846 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I know we are all busy solving crimes in our respective basements, but I'm not sure yet if we have moved on to thought crimes.

Edited by VicHockeyFan, 21 January 2018 - 01:10 PM.

• Matt R. and todd like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#847 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:17 PM

I know we are all busy solving crimes in our respective basements, but I'm not sure yet if we have moved on to thought crimes.

Tom Cruise has.

• todd likes this

#848 57WestHills

57WestHills
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Really! I think we need some of our forum cops, lawyers and bad guys to chime in on this...or is that thought illegal.

Every post today by the chap is incorrect. It’s almost too tiring to address it all.

But, in the specific question here - to be illegal there needs to be an act and a guilty mind. The act, which the poster is omitting, is when any attempt is made to actually solicit a person, whether they’re real or not.
  • VicHockeyFan and Bingo like this

#849 Bingo

Bingo
  • 16,666 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 02:01 PM

I know we are all busy solving crimes in our respective basements,

You gotta get out of there and do some photography.

#850 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

Unfortunately we have moved onto "Thought Crimes" I even double checked it in the Canadian Criminal Code when all that "Creep Catcher" stuff was in the news because I argued that no crime was being committed if no minor was involved. I argued that for someone to be charged by police due to a Creep Catcher operation that an under aged person had to actually exist, and not just be made up. When I checked the Criminal Code I was proven wrong. It turns out that you can indeed be charged with the lewering of a child.....Even if that child is fictional and does not exist. 

Anyhow this particular subject is off topic from the Frank Elsner Subject and is unrelated.

Edited by Star Dust, 21 January 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#851 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

Lewering?
  • Matt R. likes this

#852 satellite

satellite
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 05:50 PM

Unfortunately we have moved onto "Thought Crimes" I even double checked it in the Canadian Criminal Code 

Star Dust, I'm not sure why you keep saying "thought crimes", and then describe the actions of someone attempting to procure a minor for sex. Do you feel the current legal framework on child luring may negatively impact you somehow? 

• VicHockeyFan likes this

#853 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,141 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

OK let's not make this personal here. Let's stick to the topic.

Star Dust you have come on pretty strong here for your first 3 days. Inuendos don't stick as well as facts do on this forum. If you are privy to information that you can't share, perhaps you shouldn't bring it up.
  • VicHockeyFan, LJ, Bingo and 3 others like this

#854 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:10 PM

"Bunker." Working on volume 12 nancy drew.

• VicHockeyFan, lanforod, todd and 1 other like this

#855 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:45 PM

OK let's not make this personal here. Let's stick to the topic.

Star Dust you have come on pretty strong here for your first 3 days. Inuendos don't stick as well as facts do on this forum. If you are privy to information that you can't share, perhaps you shouldn't bring it up.

As I stated in one of my above replies...I've said nothing that already hasn't been said by the Media at some point or other. Their really is no mystery to the idea of a "Set Up" per say, as all and any information pertaining to that has already been reported by the media at some point or other across the time frame that the story has been covered. But it was done in such a way that most missed it when it was right in front of them. A few of us caught it.  It's so extremely important for people to not only hear alternative angles on a subject matter, but to also engage in it in open dialogue peacefully and respectfully.  At some point the topic was split into two different ones....not by myself.

That being said, yeah...their really isn't much else to elaborate on in regards to the story ....so I won't. 

You can expect a lot of Freedom of Expression and freedom of speech from me, as that is what it's all about. But I also know when to walk away from a conversation or topic that isn't going anywhere.

Have you got a Right Wing Social Conservative posting here now?..........YOU BETCHA. 

#856 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,339 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 21 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Have you got a Right Wing Social Conservative posting here now?..........YOU BETCHA. 

Normally, you'd fit right in, there are plenty of right wingers here (though many are not hard right social conservatives, I'd peg many as fiscal conservatives, social moderates), but your tone and claims are very off putting.

You claim there is publicly available information that points or proves a conspiracy here. Why don't you present that directly, as apparently all the smart people on this forum and in Victoria missed it.

• 57WestHills likes this

#857 Star Dust

Star Dust
  • 274 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:03 PM

Normally, you'd fit right in, there are plenty of right wingers here (though many are not hard right social conservatives, I'd peg many as fiscal conservatives, social moderates), but your tone and claims are very off putting.

You claim there is publicly available information that points or proves a conspiracy here. Why don't you present that directly, as apparently all the smart people on this forum and in Victoria missed it.

It's not about "Smart" or "Not Smart".......it's about seeing or not seeing.  Anyhow, as I said.....I clearly have nothing else to add to the topic since nobody wants to hear it. That's OK with me. It's just one of many topics.

#858 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:04 PM

As I stated in one of my above replies...I've said nothing that already hasn't been said by the Media at some point or other. Their really is no mystery to the idea of a "Set Up" per say, as all and any information pertaining to that has already been reported by the media at some point or other across the time frame that the story has been covered. But it was done in such a way that most missed it when it was right in front of them. A few of us caught it. It's so extremely important for people to not only hear alternative angles on a subject matter, but to also engage in it in open dialogue peacefully and respectfully. At some point the topic was split into two different ones....not by myself.

That being said, yeah...their really isn't much else to elaborate on in regards to the story ....so I won't.

You can expect a lot of Freedom of Expression and freedom of speech from me, as that is what it's all about. But I also know when to walk away from a conversation or topic that isn't going anywhere.

Actually the media has never suggested a setup.

Please provide a link.

#859 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,480 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:38 PM

We need a link, or this "setup" aside ends.

• lanforod likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#860 todd

todd
  • 12,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 08:54 PM

We need a link, or this "setup" aside ends.

I will accept any referenceable material.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users