Reliable online ticket broker for the Canucks

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

Want to buy some Canuck's tickets for little miss ASE for a Christmas present, she is a huge fan, but I haven't bought online Canuck's tix in ages: does anyone have any recent experience or good insight into a reputable web-based broker, i.e. Stubhub maybe....."or"....? Thanks all....

#2 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:24 PM

Want to buy some Canuck's tickets for little miss ASE for a Christmas present, she is a huge fan, but I haven't bought online Canuck's tix in ages: does anyone have any recent experience or good insight into a reputable web-based broker, i.e. Stubhub maybe....."or"....? Thanks all....

I would tend to use Stubhub as they are owned by eBay and will guarantee the tickets. I think that Ticketmaster also has a resale outlet which I would consider using as well. The problem with other sites or private sales is that you just don't know if the tickets are good or not. I don't think that I have been to an event in recent years where someone wasn't being refused admittance because of a duplicate or counterfeit ticket.

#3 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

I would tend to use Stubhub as they are owned by eBay and will guarantee the tickets. I think that Ticketmaster also has a resale outlet which I would consider using as well. The problem with other sites or private sales is that you just don't know if the tickets are good or not. I don't think that I have been to an event in recent years where someone wasn't being refused admittance because of a duplicate or counterfeit ticket.

Thanks Spanky I will check them both out tonight, cheers...

#4 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:11 PM

So we went to this Canuck's game last night against Calgary and sure enough the scenario described by spanky above transpired in front of us as we waited to enter Roger's Arena. Clearly duplicate/counterfeit ticketing is a major problem.

Final cost of the game, for tickets for the three of us in the 300's/upper bowl, to go along with 3 non-alcoholic drinks, 3 hot dogs and 3 bags of chips, was a shade over $400. Add in the ferry both ways plus the hotel for a night and the final *final* cost was $850.

#5 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 07 February 2016 - 07:11 PM

That's what I paid for two return flights to Maui two months ago. I know which Id rather do :).
  • http, AllseeingEye and Matt R. like this

#6 AllseeingEye

AllseeingEye

AllSeeingEye

• 6,543 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:15 PM

That's what I paid for two return flights to Maui two months ago. I know which Id rather do :).

Agree however it was a Christmas present to my daughter to see her favorite team (Flames, not Canucks!). And besides the look on her face after I finagled an autograph with her favorite Calgary player was worth every penny and then some. That said its definitely nicer on a beach at Nipili or Kihei than it is standing below the Georgia viaduct on a crisp February night waiting for an autograph....

• lanforod likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users