Photo

Electric and autonomous cars in Victoria and on Vancouver Island

• Please log in to reply
11555 replies to this topic

#4501 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:25 PM

Ah yes of course, Leo who doesnt understand generic sarcasm where its not aimed at a particular person... but takes offense anyway...sad to see you havent changed much, still got that chip on your shoulder eh?

No room for a sense of humour eh?  Ok point taken.  Only serious ideas from now on, like how the government is trying to ban all cars.

Edited by LeoVictoria, 04 December 2019 - 07:30 PM.

#4502 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:26 PM

EV adoption trend happening as expected.

Ev.png

#4503 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:27 PM

You mean, now that your blog followers have all bought houses for $300k more than they would have five years ago had they not bought into the doom-and-gloom you've scooted over to grace us with your judgements of people's lives?  :wave:

Should I post the chart of how NIO did after you said it was going to the moon?  Nah that'd be mean.  :)   Rjag told me to be nicer and nicer I shall be.  

Edited by LeoVictoria, 04 December 2019 - 07:29 PM.

#4504 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 07:39 PM

Basically two problems with that article:

1. Concerns about cost to reduce emissions has to be balanced against cost of not reducing emissions and climate change which will be much higher.
2. Concern that governments won’t raise the required revenue is ridiculous. Loss of revenue from gas taxes will obviously be made up through other taxes.

One problem with that statement is you seem to believe that a carbon tax will affect climate change.

Carbon taxes and other programs will improve air and land/water pollution, which is a good thing, but if you think we are going to stop or change climate change you are deluded.

Best we can do is take the taxes and apply them to infrastructure changes that will be required to combat the effects of climate change.

Edited by LJ, 04 December 2019 - 07:40 PM.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#4505 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

Should I post the chart of how NIO did after you said it was going to the moon? Nah that'd be mean. :) Rjag told me to be nicer and nicer I shall be.

Are you saying EVs are a bad investment? And quite honestly what does it matter? It’s my choice, my strategy, and it causes no one any harm or financial repercussions in how I choose to invest my money. On the flip side, you devoting a better part of a decade trying to convince people not to buy a home appears to have backfired for your followers who are either stuck now, but could have bought years ago, or who paid a premium over the price they could have paid had they followed their instinct or heeded reasonable advice.

I’m still waiting for your explanation behind your ‘concern troll’ comment.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4506 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:28 PM

https://www.dailymai...UzjpYvgLnhMFoL4

Chaos in California as Tesla drivers are stranded for hours in a half-a-mile-long line to charge their cars on Black Friday

#4507 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 09:31 PM

Didn’t they get the solar panel memo?
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#4508 rjag

rjag
  • 6,363 posts
  • LocationSi vis pacem para bellum

Posted 04 December 2019 - 10:15 PM

No room for a sense of humour eh?  Ok point taken.  Only serious ideas from now on, like how the government is trying to ban all cars.

Meh your condescending & derogatory comments dont make your position any better. Just shows the type of person you are....There is friendly sarcasm and shots across the bow, your comments are neither....just angry

#4509 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:12 AM

Elon Musk’s “pedo guy” trial is expected to wind down today.

Here is the back story:

The spat began after Unsworth helped coordinate last year's rescue of 12 boys and their soccer coach from a flooded cave in Thailand. Afterward, Unsworth in a CNN interview mocked Musk's offer of a mini-submersible as a "P.R. stunt" and said Musk could "stick his submarine where it hurts."

Musk, 48, who had traveled to the rescue site to deliver the mini-sub that was never used, testified he took to Twitter to lash out at Unsworth after seeing the interview.

Musk said the term "pedo guy" was a common epithet in South Africa, where he grew up and insisted in court he did not believe Unsworth was a pedophile. - https://finance.yaho...-110736119.html

In short, Unsworth claims his character was negatively impacted by Musk’s retaliatory tweet and is seeking unspecified damages.
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.

#4510 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 04:21 AM

Speaking of Nio, the company released its latest numbers this morning.

2,528 SUVs delivered last month, 2,067 of which were the smaller ES6 variant. Total deliveries clock in at 28,743 vehicles. Not bad for a company that began deliveries only 17 months ago.
  • rjag likes this

Know it all.

#4511 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,995 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 03:34 AM

Whatever happened to the promise of hydrogen-powered cars?

https://www.cbc.ca/n...icles-1.5385773

#4512 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 06 December 2019 - 09:34 AM

Musk said the term "pedo guy" was a common epithet in South Africa, where he grew up and insisted in court he did not believe Unsworth was a pedophile.

So like calling someone a "mofo" without implying they actually engage in the suggested activity?  Still, context is key - culturally we* have accepted the banality of "mofo", not so with  "pedo".

As a defence it's weakened by the fact that this explanation could have been given shortly after the statement was made, but was reserved for a trial.

Sounds like: "It was just a prank, dude!"

* Outside of South Africa (of Elon's youth) at least

• Mike K. likes this

#4513 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 06 December 2019 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, that’s awful.

I imagine a bunch of Elon’s cricket buddies suddenly feel a little better knowing he’s just kidding.

Know it all.

#4514 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 07 December 2019 - 12:27 PM

Elon Musk found not liable in ‘pedo guy’ defamation trial

3iqsyt.jpg

https://www.cnbc.com...al-verdict.html

#4515 Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

Hotel Mike

• 2,235 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 01:22 PM

How's the new all electric ride hailing company doing in Victoria?

Don't be so sure.:cool:

#4516 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,538 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:10 PM

Nio has they have a third SUV in the works that will be cheaper than the ES6, which is smaller than the ES8. A sedan is still in planning.

Meanwhile Mexico is interested in the cyber truck for police use.

Know it all.

#4517 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,995 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 04:34 PM

On November 17, Ford started taking reservations for the Mustang Mach-E, with a refundable deposit of $500. The Detroit News reporter Ian Thibodeau tweeted that Ford will produce only 50,000 Mustang Mach-E cars in the first year due to battery availability constraints. The first few models are expected to hit dealerships in late 2020, and the rest of the models will arrive later in 2021.

There are several variants of the model, with prices starting at $43,895. The First Edition model, which Motor1 reports has been sold out in the US, was available for $61,000. According to Motor1, the sold-out Mach-E is an extended-range all-wheel-drive model with “red brake calipers and First Edition badging, while on the inside it has metallic pedal covers and contrasting seat stitching.”

https://marketrealis...ach-e-sold-out/

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 08 December 2019 - 04:35 PM.

#4518 LJ

LJ
  • 12,736 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

I was in the Tesla store today and sat in Model 3 and X, the side bolsters on both seats were too narrow for me and I'm not that broad. Would be quite uncomfortable after awhile I would think.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#4519 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:20 PM

How's the new all electric ride hailing company doing in Victoria?

I've installed their app.  The next time I need a cab I will try them.

• Hotel Mike and Victoria Watcher like this

#4520 DustMagnet

DustMagnet
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationView Royal

Posted 08 December 2019 - 09:22 PM

I was in the Tesla store today and sat in Model 3 and X, the side bolsters on both seats were too narrow for me and I'm not that broad. Would be quite uncomfortable after awhile I would think.

Like flying coach then?

• Victoria Watcher likes this

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)