Electric and autonomous cars in Victoria and on Vancouver Island

• Please log in to reply
11576 replies to this topic

#2781 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:33 PM

Isn’t he responsible for investors losing billions of dollars due to his statement? It was almost as though he did what he did to frustrate short sellers since he had been making a big stink about them in the months prior, and those who bought in on the rush to $400 are in a very bad place.

If what he did wasn’t fraud, what was it?

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2782 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

Spontaneous

#2783 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 07:57 PM

Then he should be fired as CEO. He’s lost investors billions of dollars and has lost that edge that made him an interesting person.

Now he’s a liability.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#2784 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:01 PM

He’s responsible for investors losing what they previously gained due to his work.

Just another nothingburger. Maybe they get a fine for it.

#2785 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:02 PM

Meanwhile all the German automakers are under criminal investigation for conspiring to block the development of technology to reduce emissions. Emissions which kill thousands of people every year. But sure a poorly thought out tweet is super important

#2786 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:30 PM

Then he should be fired as CEO. He’s lost investors billions of dollars and has lost that edge that made him an interesting person.

Now he’s a liability.

He hasn’t lost me anything. But yes the shorts are trying their best to bring him down. Mmmm I love a nothing burger with cheese....

#2787 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,552 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:31 PM

It takes new capital to raise the value of a stock, and that capital was raked in under false pretences then obliterated when the truth emerged.

I suspect all he’ll face is a fine but I also suspect the board is anxious to get rid of him but they know that won’t be an easy feat.

Know it all.

#2788 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:31 PM

Meanwhile all the German automakers are under criminal investigation for conspiring to block the development of technology to reduce emissions. Emissions which kill thousands of people every year. But sure a poorly thought out tweet is super important

Yes, now that’s fraud....

#2789 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2018 - 08:33 PM

Under these guidelines William Li should be in shackles!

#2790 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:28 AM

02764087-FAE3-441C-833B-660EAF83C66C.jpeg

#2791 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 11:55 AM

Legal definition of fraud is below  Unless he proves he had the boards approval to take Tesla private at $420 and he did in fact have funding secured, then its plain and simple criminal fraud

false representation of a matter of fact—whether by words or by conduct, by false or misleading allegations, or by concealment of what should have been disclosed—that deceives and is intended to deceive another so that the individual will act upon it to her or his legal injury.

He also faces several civil lawsuits over his actions.  I know they wanted to be made class action, but I am not sure if that has been approved yet.  Those lawsuits are in the multi billions

#2792 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:02 PM

and for the full article.  Lutz makes many strong points

https://www.cnbc.com...c-bob-lutz.html

#2793 MarkoJ

MarkoJ
  • 5,780 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:44 PM

and for the full article.  Lutz makes many strong points

https://www.cnbc.com...c-bob-lutz.html

I've been following Tesla for 10 years and Lutz has been making idiotic comments for 10 years.

Tesla should have been dead a long time ago given Lutz previous "strong points."

Marko Juras, REALTOR® & Associate Broker | Gold MLS® 2011-2023 | Fair Realty

www.MarkoJuras.com Looking at Condo Pre-Sales in Victoria? Save Thousands!

#2794 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 12:56 PM

Sounds like failing NY Times.

#2795 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:32 PM

I've been following Tesla for 10 years and Lutz has been making idiotic comments for 10 years.

Tesla should have been dead a long time ago given Lutz previous "strong points."

Tesla has a long list of serious challenges that threaten its long term survival. Lutz gets basically none of them right since his major argument is that they don’t have a technological lead when they clearly do.

#2796 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 01:54 PM

^tell me about this technological lead you speak of.  What for example makes a Model X technological superior over say the Audi E-tron?  I am pretty sure electric motors have been around a long time and so have batteries

This street legal 1972 Datsun can do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds was remade into electric in 1994

https://www.geek.com...econds-1416865/

#2797 dasmo

dasmo

Grand Master ✔

• 15,492 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:28 PM

For it to be fraud it needs to be intentional. So it’s nothing here. Plus large high profile companies are constantly sued especially when their stock price goes down. You should see the list of lawsuits against Apple!
As far as tech lead goes one obvious area is the car OS and AI....

#2798 LeoVictoria

LeoVictoria
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 02:51 PM

^tell me about this technological lead you speak of. What for example makes a Model X technological superior over say the Audi E-tron? I am pretty sure electric motors have been around a long time and so have batteries

This street legal 1972 Datsun can do 0-60 in 1.8 seconds was remade into electric in 1994

https://www.geek.com...econds-1416865/

1. Model X is out now, eTron won’t be released until next year
2. Model X is much more efficient despite being larger
3. Model X has proven batteries that do not degrade significantly during the life of the car.
4. Model X has access to the supercharger network which means it is practical for road trips. ETron is not (currently)

5. 46,000 Model X produced in the past 12 months containing about 4GWh worth of batteries.   Audi can produce cars, but it is unclear whether they can produce or purchase that volume of batteries.   So far only Tesla, Nissan, and some chinese firms have that kind of capacity.  
6. Model X has industry leading autopilot features.

7. Model X has more advanced in-car software.  

And more I could get into...

Edited by LeoVictoria, 19 September 2018 - 03:16 PM.

#2799 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:17 PM

you said technological lead, who cares when the E-tron is released

"much more efficient"? what the heck does that mean

my Milwaukee cordless power tools don't degrade either.  Does Tesla have different battery technology than anyone else?????????????

blah blah blah

what TECHNOLOGICAL LEAD does Tesla have?  Compare the specific technology that Audi, Porsche, etc has vs Tesla.  Guess, what its the same

#2800 tjv

tjv
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 September 2018 - 05:29 PM

For it to be fraud it needs to be intentional. So it’s nothing here. Plus large high profile companies are constantly sued especially when their stock price goes down. You should see the list of lawsuits against Apple!
As far as tech lead goes one obvious area is the car OS and AI....

Ah so he slipped and accidentally sent that tweet?  That was pretty intentional and its public knowledge he wanted to punish the shorts which is exactly what happened.  The stock price went up around 15% or $6 Billion as quick numbers?  He's in some pretty hot water and I expect an indictment will follow soon.

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users