Photo

Electric and autonomous cars

• Please log in to reply
3033 replies to this topic

#3021 LJ

LJ
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

Tesla has set up a 50 stall charging station in Hong Kong - the biggest in all of Asia, despite plummeting sales.

Since the removal of the EV waiver on the registration tax sales of electric vehicles has gone from selling 5819 vehicles in March of 2017 down to 136 vehicles in the period of April 2017 to March of 2018. That's a pretty huge drop, almost 6000 in one month to less than 200 in one year.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#3022 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 08:01 PM

^ those numbers are for ALL EV’s sold in China not just Tesla. And I agree with the articles stance that “Such partnerships with private developers may boost Tesla’s sales“

#3023 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 43,725 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 09:15 PM

That’s why Tesla can produce as many Model 3’s as they have been. There’s no demand for the Model S in China at this time.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3024 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:19 AM

Good thing the NA market can absorb everything they can possibly make for some time to come.
Speaking of China, Tesla has acquired an 864,885-square meter plot in Shanghai's Lingang area for its new factory in China. They expect it to be productive in three years. Where are the other auto makers at with EV production in China?

#3025 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 43,725 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:27 AM

Speaking of China, Tesla has acquired an 864,885-square meter plot in Shanghai's Lingang area for its new factory in China. They expect it to be productive in three years. Where are the other auto makers at with EV production in China?

They are producing cars in Chinese factories.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#3026 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:06 AM

Really? I didn’t realize the big three were already pumping out electric vehicles in China?

#3027 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 1,358 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

China is the biggest EV market in the world, and is largely dominated by local companies we have never heard of, but which sell more vehicles in China than Tesla does worldwide.

Volkswagen, Daimler, BMW, and Renault Nissan all have an EV production presence in China. Not sure about the other automakers..

#3028 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 43,725 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

Musk has announced he plans to buy $20 million in Tesla stock.

For a man valued at $20 billion, if he wants to publicly disclose such a gesture he should be investing $200 million or an amount appreciably larger. $20 million looks kewl but what's the point when even a doubling of the stock won't be enough to even move his net worth ticker?

Know it all.

#3029 tjv

tjv
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:10 PM

https://www.business...-source-2018-10

Not sure this should be published since there is no official source?  Another "didn't go well" story.  Lots of stories are published with anonymous sources.

#3030 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 43,725 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:30 PM

As long as nobody on this forum is making the claim, we're good! :)

Know it all.

#3031 LJ

LJ
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

^ those numbers are for ALL EV’s sold in China not just Tesla. And I agree with the articles stance that “Such partnerships with private developers may boost Tesla’s sales“

That's what I said.

#3032 LJ

LJ
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:09 PM

Really? I didn’t realize the big three were already pumping out electric vehicles in China?

China has many of it's own car builders, BYD is huge and building electric vehicles along with others. 

#3033 dasmo

dasmo
  • 4,513 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 08:25 PM

China has many of it's own car builders, BYD is huge and building electric vehicles along with others.

Yep, but my point was where are the ones we know in regards to manufacturing EVs for the Chinese market... They are barely in the EV game at all was my point and Tesla will be the first with its own factory in China even!

#3034 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 43,725 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:32 AM

“Will” is still several years away.

I used to do business with China. Things are a little more complicated for western entities and the information that comes to light on our shores is not necessary a reflection of what’s going down on the ground.

Know it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To advertise on VibrantVictoria, call us at 250-884-0589.