UNDER CONSTRUCTION
Belmont Market Shopping Centre
Uses: commercial, office
Address: Jacklin Road at Jenkins Road
Municipality: Langford
Region: West Shore
Storeys: 1
Belmont Market Shopping Centre is comprised of 160,000 square feet of commercial space with a Thrifty Foods gr... (view full profile)
Learn more about Belmont Market Shopping Centre on Citified.ca
Photo

[Langford] Belmont Market | Commercial; rentals, condos | Under construction

Under Construction

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#41 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 23 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

It will be an easy excavation .no blasting it's all alluvial material from a terminal moraine that extends out through to the lagoon royal bay ares

#42 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:41 PM

Construction has begun at the site of the former  Belmont High School.

This is going to be an amazing and large development.

Ground Breaking has begun.

http://www.cbrevicto...arket_CBRE4.pdf

• 2F2R and Dr. Barillas like this

#43 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 07:39 PM

West Hills is starting to get some real good choices in shopping etc. Going to make that area even more popular than it is now.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#44 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:33 PM

Its not actually part of Westhills

Its part of Langford Town Center.

Westhillis which is just a subdivision is 2 or so km away

This place will become downtown Langford hence the Town Center Name

Edited by HB, 08 May 2016 - 08:35 PM.

#45 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:44 PM

I think LJ is referring more-so about the proximity to Westhills, which is the closest major new subdivision to Westshore Town Centre/Belmont Market.

• 57WestHills likes this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#46 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 08 May 2016 - 08:55 PM

Its an interesting site its going to be the Town Center and destination for shopping in Langford yet it sits directly on the Colwood Border

In the first image above the two condo buildings are backing onto the Colwood border which is the Galloping Goose Trail (CN Railway)

#47 sdwright.vic

sdwright.vic

Colwood

• 6,681 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:09 AM

People spend about as much time separating Colwood from Langford as they do Colwood from View Royal.
  • Nparker likes this
Predictive text and a tiny keyboard are not my friends!

#48 Fairbanks

Fairbanks
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:10 AM

Quality Foods, Fairway Market, Superstore, Walmart, and now Thrifty Foods all in the same square kilometre.

#49 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:31 AM

People spend about as much time separating Colwood from Langford as they do Colwood from View Royal.

The best thing about it is Langford builds high density right up to the Borders of its neighbours not only with Colwood but also with Metchosin. Its good to see such a growing community using the land to bring people into its area. The surrounding communities a falling behind by leaps and bounds.Excellent way to grow a community.

#50 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:32 AM

Quality Foods, Fairway Market, Superstore, Walmart, and now Thrifty Foods all in the same square kilometre.

Western Foods too

• Fairbanks likes this

#51 sebberry

sebberry

Resident Housekeeper

• 21,503 posts
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:39 AM

I know it drives up the cost and people don't like it, but I wish new developments like this would make a greater effort to incorporate underground parking.

Even the residential buildings at this site show surface parking.

• Nparker and thundergun like this

Victoria current weather by neighbourhood: Victoria school-based weather station network

Victoria webcams: Big Wave Dave Webcams

#52 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,395 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:54 AM

I know it drives up the cost and people don't like it, but I wish new developments like this would make a greater effort to incorporate underground parking.

Even the residential buildings at this site show surface parking.

It does seem kind of "old-school" to devote so much land to surface parking. I shake my head when I see how often this was done in the apartment building boom of the late 1960s in Victoria.

James Bay.JPG

Heywood.JPG

I understand that land was cheap then (relatively speaking), but of course now we have the legacy of monster parking lots that likely will never see a better, or more aesthetically pleasing use.

#53 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:55 AM

I agree but I do not think it woudl drive up the cost too much due to the fact in the low lying areas of Langford such as this site there is no bedrock. It is all glacial till easy to excavate and open up. No blasting required . The Glacial till area goes from Langford lake area right out to Royal Bay and bedrock is extremely deep .

Some buildings in Langford in this area of overburden are being built with UG parking the most recent on Hockley in the area of the fountain

• Nparker likes this

#54 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:12 AM

The best thing about it is Langford builds high density right up to the Borders of its neighbours not only with Colwood but also with Metchosin. Its good to see such a growing community using the land to bring people into its area. The surrounding communities a falling behind by leaps and bounds.Excellent way to grow a community.

What are Langford's high density developments along the Metchosin border? I'm drawing a blank here.

Both Colwood and Langford seem to approve similar density along each others borders, I think. Colwood would have been way ahead had Capital City Centre made good on its approved plans.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#55 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:30 AM

Along Winter Rd off Happy Valley Rd high density housing is one example and there will be more to come.

This is one example Mike. Metchosin is all acreages and they were pissed off at Langford allowing this kind of density at their border which is rural/semi rural/ Langford basically told them to pound sand and went ahead with the zoning.

The right side of my red line is on the border the left side is just below the back fences of those homes are smack dab on the border the left side of my red line is too far south

Edited by HB, 09 May 2016 - 08:37 AM.

#56 HB

HB
  • Banned
  • 7,975 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:38 AM

The golf course is Olympic view which has parts in Langford Colwood and Metchosin

#57 Danma

Danma
  • 888 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:41 AM

The golf course is Olympic view which has parts in Langford Colwood and Metchosin

So the holes in Langford have power centres on them, Metchosin's are covered with organic vegetables and Colwood's never quite got finished being built? :)

• Nparker and lanforod like this

#58 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,169 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:43 AM

Oh jeez, HB here I thought you had heard about something coming down the pipes like junior highrises or apartment blocks along Happy Valley Rd or thereabouts.

High density means putting all of those homes that you see in your image into a single building, not across 30 acres.
  • Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#59 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,237 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:37 AM

Oh jeez, HB here I thought you had heard about something coming down the pipes like junior highrises or apartment blocks along Happy Valley Rd or thereabouts.

High density means putting all of those homes that you see in your image into a single building, not across 30 acres.

Relatively speaking, he's right though lol.

#60 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 09:55 AM

The border goes right through the centre of the Olympic View clubhouse, there is a marker inside showing it, for fun.

<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users