PROPOSED
Uptown Residential
Uses: rental, commercial
Address: Carey Road at Ravine Way
Municipality: Saanich
Region: Urban core
Storeys: 24
Uptown Shopping Centre's final phase of construction is proposed as a residential highrise with retail spaces,... (view full profile)
Learn more about Uptown Residential on Citified.ca
Photo

[Saanich] Uptown Shopping Centre residential | 24-storeys | residential; commercial

• Please log in to reply
172 replies to this topic

#121 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:16 PM

I suppose they could put it on one of the many other giant, fortress-like, blank walls that face out to the surrounding public realm.

• Nparker and mbjj like this

#122 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 07 January 2021 - 10:34 PM

Curious. Shape is one of the partners behind the redevelopment of Richmond Centre over in, well, Richmond

#123 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

Curious. Shape is one of the partners behind the redevelopment of Richmond Centre over in, well, Richmond

Yup they reference that alot in the package we got 

#124 spanky123

spanky123
  • 20,976 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:57 AM

I suppose they could put it on one of the many other giant, fortress-like, blank walls that face out to the surrounding public realm.

I guess we can also believe that none of the 500 or so tenants will have cars. 

You would think that someone would have said that given the plan is to add a dozen 24 story building in the area, maybe we should not be narrowing Douglas St!

• Nparker likes this

#125 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:59 AM

There will be plenty of parking down below, I’m sure.

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#126 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:20 AM

You would think that someone would have said that given the plan is to add a dozen 24 story building in the area, maybe we should not be narrowing Douglas St!

There will be plenty of parking down below, I’m sure.

Yeah they mention there tons of unused parking. Whenever i have time next week i'll just upload the whole document that we got

• Mike K. likes this

#127 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:24 AM

...Whenever i have time next week i'll just upload the whole document that we got

Yes please and thank you.  :)

#128 Brantastic

Brantastic
  • 924 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 10:42 AM

Are we narrowing Douglas Street?

#129 Spy Black

Spy Black
  • Banned
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:44 PM

This would be a great place to live, on the South or East side of the building, and on a high floor.
That entire area between Uptown and what was the school on Carey is on the crest of quite a large hill, and has spectacular views to the Olympics and the Sooke Hills. 
Very quick access to the Westshore, the airport, or downtown Victoria as well. 

• Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

#130 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:48 PM

Yup. It’s ideal. That whole stretch between Bay and Saanich is going to be spectacular if Saanich planners and Victoria planners can just loosen up a bit.
  • Matt R. and Victoria Watcher like this

Know it all.
Citified.ca is Victoria's most comprehensive research resource for new-build homes and commercial spaces.

#131 Darren14

Darren14
  • 182 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:40 AM

Here yall go, probably out of order 

https://imgur.com/a/K8Emyds

#132 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 12:55 PM

Nice! Thank you.

Know it all.

#133 Citified.ca

Citified.ca
  • Administrator
  • 2,285 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:42 AM

24-storey-Uptown-residential-tower-in-Saanich-taps-into-Uptown-Douglas-Plan's-call-for-taller-buildings,-higher-densities.jpg

24-storey Uptown residential tower in Saanich taps Uptown-Douglas Plan's call for taller buildings, higher densities

https://victoria.cit...gher-densities/

Know it all.

#134 Jackerbie

Jackerbie
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted 06 August 2021 - 09:53 AM

I guess now that the Northern Junk hand wringing is out of the way we can move on to endless iterations of this property!
  • Mike K. likes this

#135 amor de cosmos

amor de cosmos

BUILD

• 7,116 posts

Posted 06 August 2021 - 10:49 AM

site plan: https://www.saanich....ich20210624.pdf

elevations: https://www.saanich....0210624elev.pdf

landscape: https://www.saanich....0210624land.pdf

https://www.saanich....anich-core.html

edit: equivalent to ~540 units/acre or ~1136 units/hectare, & the galloping goose & uptown services on their doorstep

Edited by amor de cosmos, 06 August 2021 - 11:01 AM.

• Nparker likes this

#136 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 27 August 2021 - 02:00 PM

From the wide side it looks a lot like a 21st-century version of Orchard House. Everything goes full circle. 50 years ago it was Orchard House at the south end of Douglas Street that really heated up the highrise controversy in Victoria. And now Saanich will finally be getting its own Orchard House at the north end of Douglas Street.

Uptown_Residential_Elevations.png

#137 Philip

Philip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 November 2022 - 12:42 PM

My daughter lives in Yaletown . Her first unit had balconies but you can't clean them so they become filthy. She moved to a building with floor to ceiling glass. Much nicer, clean, more floor space and light. The balconies are useless except for smokers. 

#138 Mike K.

Mike K.
  • Administrator
  • 83,173 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 09:27 AM

My daughter lives in Yaletown . Her first unit had balconies but you can't clean them so they become filthy. She moved to a building with floor to ceiling glass. Much nicer, clean, more floor space and light. The balconies are useless except for smokers. 

I would have to agree. Unless it's a large terrace, the balconies just end up being wasted space. 

• Nparker likes this

Know it all.

#139 aastra

aastra
  • 20,650 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 11:12 AM

I like to have the option of Steppin' Out whenever I feel like it. Call me Jackson Browne. Or is that Joe Jackson? Or Shoeless Joe? Wolfman Jackson? Heck, that's five Jacksons already.

Edited by aastra, 20 November 2022 - 11:18 AM.

#140 Nparker

Nparker
  • 40,404 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 11:15 AM

https://youtu.be/PJwt2dxx9yg

You're not quite at the end of this discussion topic!

Use the page links at the lower-left to go to the next page to read additional posts.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users