Photo

The Drive-Through Round-Up - where are they all?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

This thread is for food only.
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#22 Sparky

Sparky

GET OFF MY LAWN

• 13,115 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:16 AM

When I'm in Washington State, I always go to these types of drive through windows for coffee.

Disclaimer: I don't drink coffee.

http://www.people.co...s-of-washington

#23 Baro

Baro
  • 4,317 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

I don't think I've ever driven a vehicle through a drive-through before.  Although I do remember the drive-in A&W on oak bay ave.

"beats greezy have baked donut-dough"

#24 LJ

LJ
  • 12,701 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 07:29 PM

Well here you can get a gun to kill your food and buy some liquor to wash it down, win win.

Attached Images

• guns and liquor.jpg

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#25 goke

goke
  • 123 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:35 AM

I'm glad Pandora McD's has a drive through. Have you been in that place? It's not pleasant.

The Tim's drive through on Shelbourne needs to be redesigned or closed. Traffic spills out and blocks a south bound lane frequently.

#26 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 08:37 AM

I'm glad Pandora McD's has a drive through. Have you been in that place? It's not pleasant.

Pandora McDonalds is just another business that has been ruined by Our Place.

• Bingo and GaryRanson like this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#27 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

This could work.  One reason drive-thrus are popular are the soccer moms.  Hassle to get the kids out of the car seats.

http://youtu.be/wkvNGwqGWm8

• sebberry likes this

#28 nagel

nagel
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:04 AM

It's like you found a Youtube video of my worst nightmare.

#29 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:24 AM

It's like you found a Youtube video of my worst nightmare.

It needs refinement.  For example, it's not going to work when you have a cashier for every shopper.  I think it'll be combined with self-serve payments.

#30 lanforod

lanforod
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationSaanich

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

I have no desire to buy food that has been idled on by gas or diesel engines. Electric or fuel cell only should be allowed in.

#31 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:43 AM

I have no desire to buy food that has been idled on by gas or diesel engines. Electric or fuel cell only should be allowed in.

I think it says it'll have an good extraction system.  I'm not even sure it needs to be indoors.  In Russia maybe it does.  Anyway, as laid out there it looks still a bit labour intensive.

#32 Victoria Watcher

Victoria Watcher

Old White Man On A Canadian Island

• 52,328 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 03:54 PM

how about this concept.

a video drive-thru order taker.  they are not actually inside the establishment making your burger.   they are back in new york at the central video station or just in their homes like **rn web-cam girls.  but when you pull up they look at the car occupants.  if it's a bunch of high school guys they cut to the video order taker that meets their approval.

Edited by Victoria Watcher, 20 April 2021 - 03:54 PM.

• todd likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users