- - - - -

Victoria Soda Works

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

I noticed there is a new soda company in town, has anyone tried any of their product? 

http://www.victorias...s.com/home.html

I wonder if we will see more cottage industries like this growing and starting to export out of the city, I know Phillips brewing is pretty common here now in Calgary. The brewing industry is a bit of a great thing for jobs and the economy of Victoria

#2 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 22 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

I'd like to but their website tells me I can buy the product at their "factory" but gives no indication where that might be. When I then try and use the contact page I cannot click on the email, not even copy paste as they have used an image of their address instead of text.

• Layne French likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#3 Layne French

Layne French
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:47 PM

I'd like to but their website tells me I can buy the product at their "factory" but gives no indication where that might be. When I then try and use the contact page I cannot click on the email, not even copy paste as they have used an image of their address instead of text.

I didn't even notice that Tedward, They need to fix that pronto. I found it was avalible at a few different retailers around town.

This list was on their website

#4 Dr. Barillas

Dr. Barillas
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:31 PM

Interesting, hopefully their flavors aren't ultra sweet like most sodas tend to be.

• tedward likes this

"Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died"

#5 tedward

tedward
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationJames Bay

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:12 AM

^ I agree. I was disappointed with Philips root beer. I want a rich taste, not so sweet. Every year I go to Coombs Country Market while on vacation in the summer and they have interesting imported root beers that are much better. Have not found such a selection anywhere in town.

• Dr. Barillas likes this

Lake Side Buoy - LEGO Nut - History Nerd - James Bay resident

#6 Blueruby2122

Blueruby2122
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:25 AM

I actually just tried it, their Grapefruit and Grape sodas. They were pretty tasty, not overly sweet, but still good. As for the factory location, they do print that on the bottles. They located at 616 Hillside Ave. 😊👍

#7 Bob Fugger

Bob Fugger

Chief Factor

• 3,190 posts
  • LocationSouth Central CSV

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:47 PM

^ I agree. I was disappointed with Philips root beer. I want a rich taste, not so sweet. Every year I go to Coombs Country Market while on vacation in the summer and they have interesting imported root beers that are much better. Have not found such a selection anywhere in town.

I find that all of Phillips Sodas taste like polite Listerine. I had the Black Cherry to wash down some Jones BBQ (a fountain beverage choice of theirs) and it was DELICIOUS! I like my soda with a little less syrup than most (as I am now an old man, I suppose) and it struck the perfect balance of flavourful and refreshing. And Black Cherry is really the gods’ chosen nectar for BBQ (and smoked meat sandwiches from Schwartz’s in Montreal).
  • Matt R. likes this

#8 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Bob's back?!

• Matt R. likes this
Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

#9 VicHockeyFan

VicHockeyFan
  • Suspended User
  • 52,121 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:40 PM

Bob's back?!

Bob was welcomed back today.

Or yesterday, I forget.

• Matt R. likes this
<p><span style="font-size:12px;"><em><span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">"I don’t need a middle person in my pizza slice transaction" <strong>- zoomer, April 17, 2018</strong></span></em></span>

#10 LJ

LJ
  • 12,702 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 07:45 PM

That was an extended absence.

Life's a journey......so roll down the window and enjoy the breeze.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users